• Join one of the best football forums on the internet!

    Join in on the discussion with fans from around the world. Signing up takes seconds!

    We also have off-topic sections where you can discuss anything from your favourite music to whatever game you're currently playing.

Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Football League 2017/18 - 1-4th December, 2017

Recommended Posts

Stan    1,368

Friday 1st December, 2017
Cardiff vs Norwich
Leeds vs Aston Villa

Saturday 2nd December, 2017
Bolton vs Barnsley
Brentford vs Fulham
Bristol City vs Middlesbrough, 17.30
Ipswich vs Nottm Forest
Millwall vs Sheff Utd
Preston vs QPR
Sheff Weds vs Hull
Sunderland vs Reading

League One:
Bristol Rovers vs Rotherham
Southend vs Oldham

Monday 4th December, 2017
Birmingham vs Wolves, 19.45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Basically proving everything I say about Bruce here. Bruce’s Tactical response is to no doubt shout “c’mon lads get stuck in” . 

Clearly worked as you've equalised. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stan    1,368
5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Clearly worked as you've equalised. :D

didn't work for too long as Cardiff now lead again xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Clearly worked as you've equalised. :D

Credit where it’s due his subs changed the game and a point isn’t the worst result. Leeds were awful second half 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny    219

After the Rangers game there's been a big song and dance about the points we've lost this season, it's been said we lost 18 points but I can only count 16. Because I'm a sad bastard with spare time I thought I'd look up the points we've lost and when and it tells a different story to what's been painted by the stat by itself.

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER:
Played 10 games, lost 12 points from winning positions.
We collected 9 points throughout this period.

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER:
Played 8 games, lost 4 points from winning positions.
Collected 15 points from this period, with 2 less games.

The beginning of the season was a struggle for us with the transfer window and bedding in new players, but we turned around some bad form to become one of the most in form sides in the division, and other than City we've had the second longest unbeaten streak in England (unbeaten streak, not entire season...). That came to and against Cardiff and since then we've had two fairly poor performances and results against Burton and Rangers.

I can't see us beating Fulham at the moment, I'd love to be proven wrong but I think after that 5-4 win they'll be on the front foot. I don't have a good feeling about the game at all. I'm hoping once it's done we can focus on the league as having two derby games so close to each other can have a negative effect on morale and form if you lose both, the next two months will determine our promotion credentials so we need to keep the results coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucas    318
5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Credit where it’s due his subs changed the game and a point isn’t the worst result. Leeds were awful second half 

Pablo Hernandez injury changed the game. First half we were very good. Don't think I remember Villa having much of the ball or territory. Hernandez was dictating the game but when he went off, our attacking play suffered.

We struggled second half to really get going and you came back well without creating much bar an Adomah effort.. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't see Villa scoring, it was a game of few chances and you didn't look like hurting us but it was a good strike from Lansbury and that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Bit of a throw away from us really. We should have won that but this is where we need to learn to close games out. That's just the way it's going to be with this side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Pablo Hernandez injury changed the game. First half we were very good. Don't think I remember Villa having much of the ball or territory. Hernandez was dictating the game but when he went off, our attacking play suffered.

We struggled second half to really get going and you came back well without creating much bar an Adomah effort.. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't see Villa scoring, it was a game of few chances and you didn't look like hurting us but it was a good strike from Lansbury and that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Bit of a throw away from us really. We should have won that but this is where we need to learn to close games out. That's just the way it's going to be with this side.

Yeah I think Grealish has an effect also, he draws that many fouls it’s hard for teams to get momentum going as it’s so stop start. 

You maybe right and your injuries combined with our subs just changed it so that we got a point, sometimes the stars align that way. 

Davis looked tired and despite a draw I’m still in the meh Bruce camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orient’s season seems like a mirror image of the 2014/15 season. It’s almost identical thus far. There’s something going on behind closed doors that the public isn’t aware of yet and the players are clearly not arsed. Relegation is nailed on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny    219

1-0 down, Sergi fucking Canos equalises. Romaine Sawyers who got a class assist again QPR to make it 2-1 and Ollie Watkins. Fucking love it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to The Den today. You wouldn't have guessed Sheffield United are vying for promotion. They were very naive today with their whole play and looked second best at all times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stan    1,368
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Went to The Den today. You wouldn't have guessed Sheffield United are vying for promotion. They were very naive today with their whole play and looked second best at all times. 

what was the atmosphere like?

wonder if the Blades' bubble has been burst. Very strong start but now feeling the pressure of their overachievements.

I've noticed Bristol City have crept up to 3rd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitchen Sales    1,439

A Sunderland fan took a dump as a dirty protest, there's pictures on social media of him, pants around ankles, squeezing a turd out onto his seat.

Gross 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stan said:

what was the atmosphere like?

wonder if the Blades' bubble has been burst. Very strong start but now feeling the pressure of their overachievements.

I've noticed Bristol City have crept up to 3rd. 

The Sheffield United fans were louder but Millwall gave a good account of themselves. Not too difficult given the unexpected scoreline mind you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LFCMike    115
14 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

A Sunderland fan took a dump as a dirty protest, there's pictures on social media of him, pants around ankles, squeezing a turd out onto his seat.

Gross 

Stadium of shite

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

 

 

Wtf

Throwing away money on drugs, alcohol and Sunderland tickets. Hope he gets the help he needs to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitchen Sales    1,439

The mackem pooper has denied any shit came out

Quote

 

"That was me it's real I'm so regretful but I can't remember any of it at all and for the record I didn't actually have a shit.

"I honestly didn't have a shit. The club even released a statement saying there was nothing wrong with the chair."

 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/sunderland-fan-insists-he-didnt-defecate-his-seat-heartfelt-apology#OkYpFqjt9UW3T006.99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stan    1,368

Stockdale makes 2 great saves before Bonatini finally gets a shot over the line. Goal-line technology confirms it. 1-0 to Wolves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stan    1,368

this game has been so poor but just come to life with a bit of feistiness and bad tackles along with some handbags. Harlee Dean sees red for his part in it. 

For all the praise Wolves have had recently, and I know they've played well during then, but they haven't shown it tonight. Birmingham have been very poor and on this form it wouldn't surprise me if they stayed in the relegation zone. They don't seem to have any game plan or tactics of playing or trying to beat the opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dan    296

I feel for Birmingham's fans but their owners deserve everything they get. Rowett was the most ridiculous sacking I can remember in recent years (and don't try it).

Wolves coming up then. Hope to god they move that awful away end of theirs. Good to have another Midlands club up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t Birmingham change owners or have I dreamt that? Because they spunked a load of money on Harlee Dean and that Jota bloke in the summer. 

Anyway, I saw twenty or so minutes of Wolves. They were absolutely fantastic. They were playing such a fantastic brand of attacking football, whilst remaining tight at the back. They nearly scored a goal that would have been up their with the best goals of the season till Cavelairo hit it wide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dan    296
10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Didn’t Birmingham change owners or have I dreamt that? Because they spunked a load of money on Harlee Dean and that Jota bloke in the summer. 

Anyway, I saw twenty or so minutes of Wolves. They were absolutely fantastic. They were playing such a fantastic brand of attacking football, whilst remaining tight at the back. They nearly scored a goal that would have been up their with the best goals of the season till Cavelairo hit it wide. 

Birmingham changed owners when they had Rowett then decided to bring Zola in despite Rowett having the squad punching well above its weight. Zola was a shocking appointment. Never got the fuss with him as a manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Any O'Brien    221

The bottom of the Championship this season is worse than ever surely. Sunderland have won 2 games all season and aren't cut adrift. 

Birmingham have been absolutely woeful every time I've seen them. Cotterill is a terrible manager as well - his quotes after the match were laughable. "If it wasn't for goal line technology we might have got a point", that's the purpose of it you fucking useless spackacunt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny    219

We've made a mint from the city of Birmingham...Harlee Dean reckons this Brum side are ten times better than the playoff reaching side under Warburton 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toony    95

Wolves will storm it in the end, so much quality in that team and in the Championship it's massive to get a result when you aren't at your best and they did that last night. At this rate they'll end up with over 100 points too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement