Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Rucksackfranzose

Dortmund sack Bosz - Peter Stöger appointed

about fucking time. should have walked after the Schalke draw.

Ha, I knew it would be Stöger to take over eventually. 

Only until the end of the season though. Reckon they'll try to get Nagelsmann afterwards?

Can see Dortmund extend Stögers contract, if he succeeds in having them playing up to their potential. Would be harsh not to in my opinion.

At first I was absolutely shocked but before this season he had done a good job at Koln, so I guess it's worth giving him a shot at a big club. If he can at least get a bit of stability and solidity in the team, then getting top-4 should be pretty doable even without doing an outstanding job, but the chance is there to impress and get an extension.

Short background on Stoger for someone less than knowledgeable about German football?

56 minutes ago, nudge said:

Only until the end of the season though. Reckon they'll try to get Nagelsmann afterwards?

Depends on how good Stöger will do I guess. But with Mr. W and his giant ego, you never know. 

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Short background on Stoger for someone less than knowledgeable about German football?

Was very successful in Austria, and then managed to get Köln from the 2. Bundesliga into the Europa League. 

6 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Depends on how good Stöger will do I guess. But with Mr. W and his giant ego, you never know. 

Was very successful in Austria, and then managed to get Köln from the 2. Bundesliga into the Europa League. 

Damn. Everton should have got him :ph34r:.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Kisses.

I guess in summer the one and only Peter will finally take over xD

Seriously, I think Stöger is probably not the worst choice to bring them back on track for now.

No surprise really,  He really shouldn't of left Ajax and then jumped in this disastrous team at Dortmund, his style was too open for this awful defence, it was the wrong club for him but also the wrong manager for Dortmund.  

Just now, VanPaddy said:

No surprise really,  He really shouldn't of left Ajax and then jumped in this disastrous team at Dortmund, his style was too open for this awful defence, it was the wrong club for him but also the wrong manager for Dortmund.  

Shouldn't have*

Der-BVB-auf-dem-Weg-nach-Mainz-g3381470.

Damn, feels weird to see him in BVB clothing after he was at Köln for such a long time.