talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forums

Up to episode 5/8 of Sharp Objects. Every time someone asks for a investigative thriller/murder mystery recommendation of Reddit its always Sharp Objects leading the pack or atleast in the top 5. So really wanted to check it out. I already have 3-4 theories on what is happening and I will be surprised if I didnt get it right with one of the theories. Its incredibly slow. Far too many abrupt cuts. Great cast. Lets see how it goes. 

On 02/09/2024 at 18:41, couscous said:

Just finished watching Sharp Objects. I thought it was really good. Quite slow but very well made and well acted. Definitely worth a watch.

I remember watching that when it first aired. Thought it was great. Amazing performances from a mostly female cast. Best thing I've seen Amy Adams in.

• Subscriber

Slowly trotting along with For All Mankind. Watching it with my old man so just an episode here and there but we just watched episode 3 last night and its definitely ramping up. Its been interesting enough but this episode was excellent, its definitely got my attention now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Slowly trotting along with For All Mankind. Watching it with my old man so just an episode here and there but we just watched episode 3 last night and its definitely ramping up. Its been interesting enough but this episode was excellent, its definitely got my attention now. 

Keep on watching, it gets better and better

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Agree with Nudge.. quality show that is

• Like 1

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Keep on watching, it gets better and better

Idk about your recollection or how long ago you watched it but yeah. Episode 3 was the Woman in space and the beginning of the program and training the new ascans. Man I just love so far how they capture the era so perfectly around this. Im stoked to keep going. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Idk about your recollection or how long ago you watched it but yeah. Episode 3 was the Woman in space and the beginning of the program and training the new ascans. Man I just love so far how they capture the era so perfectly around this. Im stoked to keep going. 

They play the alternative history angle perfectly, even more so in future seasons! Also, once you're finished with Season 1 and before you move on to Season 2, don't forget to check out the bonus content, it's incredible

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Troppo

Set in rural Australia, when a Korean businessman goes missing it is up to disgraced former cop Thomas Jane and murder convict Nicole Chamoun to get to the bottom of the mystery.

The location is beautiful. The acting and plot is good for about 7 episodes till it all fizzles out in the end.

The finale is Dexter final season levels of bad. The lead lady turns into Tommy Wiseau in the final episode.

The ending is so badly written and acted that it completely ruins the first 7 episodes.

What a waste of time.