talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

On 26/04/2019 at 23:49, nudge said:

Have you gotten around to watching it yet? I just binged on the whole Season 2; thought it wasn't as great as Season 1 but still enjoyable enough. The ending was just depressing really. The whole season was so much darker than the first one. Anyway, the way it ended there definitely has to be Season 3... 

I'd also like to recommend another youtube series called Wayne if you haven't seen it yet... Has a very similar vibe.

Yep, finally finished it.

Not bad, it definitely got better as it went on. I think I was expecting a bit more than what we got though but I'd also say that's credit to how well Season 1 did.

On the whole, it felt like the second season took a bit too long to warm up.

By the way, that geeky kid Demetri is so annoying. I literally want him to get beat up eachtime.

I like the development of some of the characters and how you see their path changing, in particular Miguel and Robbie switching at the end there.

Tory was a good character to have too but as usual, you can't help but want to route for Johnny in all this. La Russo is a bit of a prick despite his good intentions.

Season 3 will be interesting. Quite clearly they are going to focus on La Russo and Johnny teaming up to take on Kreese, allbeit with certain obstacles in the way. 

I saw a trailer for Wayne after your tip off so I'll definitely check that out and give it a go.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Anyone watch Wanted? an Australian production and me and the wife sat down the other night and watched the whole series and quite enjoyed it.

Storyline

Lola and Chelsea know nothing of each other, only that they wait for the bus every day at the same time. This all changes when the two women intervene in a fatal carjacking and are subsequently thrust into a chase from authorities across Australia with a vehicle filled with cash. The strangers must rely on each other and their instincts while they are on the run.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5193358/

25 minutes ago, nudge said:

This is just my weekly reminder that the new episode of Warrior is out. @Bluewolf

I still have not seen last weeks yet, normally it will come out a few hours or a day after you notify me but for some reason it's not putting up the new episodes??? all other shows are fine so a bit odd that?? 

As always though, appreciate the heads up.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I still have not seen last weeks yet, normally it will come out a few hours or a day after you notify me but for some reason it's not putting up the new episodes??? all other shows are fine so a bit odd that?? 

As always though, appreciate the heads up.. 

Let me know if you need an alternative source hehe.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

They both came through today... will give them a watch after dinner..  B|

I watched the latest one after whisky yesterday; thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Really good series.

On 12/05/2019 at 19:42, nudge said:

I watched the latest one after whisky yesterday; thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Really good series.

Thought the Western one was pretty good and 'Chewed Up and Spit out' was fairly brutal from start to finish... The Western took them out of their normal setting which was both interesting and refreshing.. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Thought the Western one was pretty good and 'Chewed Up and Spit out' was fairly brutal from start to finish... The Western took them out of their normal setting which was both interesting and refreshing.. 

I loved the Western one as I love Westerns ... (duh) 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

New episode of Warrior is out @nudge :D

'The Tiger and the Fox'

Yeah, it's on my list to watch but I'm currently hooked on Catch-22... three episodes in; three more left - then I'll get back to watching the Warrior :D 

• Upvote 1

On 14/05/2019 at 22:36, Tommy said:

Just finished Bodyguard (2018), starring Richard Madden who played Robb Stark in Game of Thrones. Very decent and thrilling little series. There are talks about a 2nd season, but I think it doesn't really need one, but we'll see. 

Finished this last night. Thought that final episode was incredible!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Somehow I missed the announcement (It was back in Feb) @nudge The Son was cancelled. Originally after the debut it was renewed for season 2 and 3 but 3 has bitten the dust. Im kind of lukewarm on this season so far too so Im not really all that surprised. I had also read somewhere Brosnan was only on a short term contract to so maybe they would have had to pay him a bunch more for the third? oh well.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Somehow I missed the announcement (It was back in Feb) @nudge The Son was cancelled. Originally after the debut it was renewed for season 2 and 3 but 3 has bitten the dust. Im kind of lukewarm on this season so far too so Im not really all that surprised. I had also read somewhere Brosnan was only on a short term contract to so maybe they would have had to pay him a bunch more for the third? oh well.

I read a while ago that season 2 will be the last but I had no idea it was originally renewed for season 3 and got cancelled! I thought this season started pretty poorly but I am enjoying it now 5 episodes in... Nowhere near as good as season 1 mind, but still enjoyable. If we get a satisfying ending, it's probably for the best to keep it at two seasons, to be honest.

I'm currently really hooked on Warrior. 

• The topic was pinned