talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

@nudge Just watched ep 10 of The Son which I assume is the finale. It actually wraps up quite a bit, overall im satisfied with how the season ended and it did pick up after the first few. I probably wont miss it too much though :D

Wanted to watch it yesterday but had unexpected change of plans (i.e. whisky). Will probably watch it tonight...It already felt a bit rushed in Episode 9 as they are trying to wrap it all up. Will see how I feel about it after the finale but yeah, I won't miss it much either!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Will check it out tonight.

Saw the trailer and I liked the look of it...

It's very light hearted but touches on some decent subjects and has it's serious moments as well.. There are a few decent laughs in it without all the canned laughter going on which was a plus for me.. I personally enjoyed it and and it's just finished it's second season... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 02/07/2019 at 19:05, Bluewolf said:

It's very light hearted but touches on some decent subjects and has it's serious moments as well.. There are a few decent laughs in it without all the canned laughter going on which was a plus for me.. I personally enjoyed it and and it's just finished it's second season... 

Just watched the first episode, it's proper silly but in a good way xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea it is but it grows on you... there are some pretty funny moments in it as it goes along and you get used to the characters 

Oh I'm not complaining at all; I've been looking for something similar to watch before bed after work! Something lighthearted and not too much to think about; so it's perfect for me...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Oh I'm not complaining at all; I've been looking for something similar to watch before bed after work! Something lighthearted and not too much to think about; so it's perfect for me...

I didn't think you were... B| I agree with you, it's silly in places but enjoyable at the same time.. 

Watching The Last Kingdom at the moment. What a brilliant series. Can't recommend it enough. People said it's a good substitute for Game of Thrones. After Season 1 I thought, meh, it doesn't come close, after Season 2 I thought "well, maybe they're on to something", and now in Season 3 I can understand where they're coming from. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Watching The Last Kingdom at the moment. What a brilliant series. Can't recommend it enough. People said it's a good substitute for Game of Thrones. After Season 1 I thought, meh, it doesn't come close, after Season 2 I thought "well, maybe they're on to something", and now in Season 3 I can understand where they're coming from. 

Might give that a watch.. sounds a bit like Vikings

• Subscriber

The wife has read a lot of Catherine Cookson books and lately they have been showing them on tv as a film, Just watched Colour Blind (1998) which was originally a tv series but they made it into a 3-hour movie and to me it was brilliant and I would give this a 9/10 rating no bother.

When Bridget McQueen announces she is getting married to a sailor, her family are delighted - until they see him and realise he is coloured. Her marriage fires a family feud that was to extend into the next generation.

51udaNcDThL.SX316.SY316.jpg

• Subscriber
On 06/07/2019 at 19:13, Tommy said:

Sounds good; will definitely check it out.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 04/07/2019 at 09:13, MUFC said:

Is there anything similar to Lost on Netflix?

I loved LOST and still haven't found anything similar to it...

A lot of other LOST fans seemed to really like The Leftovers; I personally couldn't stand it. 

There's a relatively new series called Manifest that is a bit similar but it's just decent and not even close to LOST in terms of quality.

Fringe gets recommend often to LOST fans but I haven't seen it yet.

Westworld is definitely a good call (as mentioned by @RandoEFC).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I loved LOST and still haven't found anything similar to it...

A lot of other LOST fans seemed to really like The Leftovers; I personally couldn't stand it. 

There's a relatively new series called Manifest that is a bit similar but it's just decent and not even close to LOST in terms of quality.

Fringe gets recommend often to LOST fans but I haven't seen it yet.

Westworld is definitely a good call (as mentioned by @RandoEFC).

Season 2-3 we’re peaks for television but like all lindloff projects the ending is unsatisfactory and “open to interpretation” as it was more a character study of people in a situation. 

International assassin is arguably better than any episode lost put out, the final scene still makes me smile whenever I think about it. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Season 2-3 we’re peaks for television but like all lindloff projects the ending is unsatisfactory and “open to interpretation” as it was more a character study of people in a situation. 

International assassin is arguably better than any episode lost put out, the final scene still makes me smile whenever I think about it. 

I personally loved the ending as well and didn't find it unsatisfactory... And yeah it's definitely a character-driven show.

I just couldn't get into Leftovers... I tried hard to like it, but just couldn't :( 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I personally loved the ending as well and didn't find it unsatisfactory... And yeah it's definitely a character-driven show.

I just couldn't get into Leftovers... I tried hard to like it, but just couldn't :( 

How hard did you try though really??? I mean on a scale of 1-10? 1 being can't be arsed to even switch the tv on to 10, I sat through it with popcorn and whisky in hand captivated.. I only ask because sometimes I tell people I tried hard at something ( insert said something here ) but in reality I had about as much motivation for it as I would have having to walk to my own funeral and dig my own grave... 

On the plus side the sad face is totally convincing and believable.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Did you finish season 1 because that’s 70 odd % on IMDB, season 2 is 90’s it really kicked up a gear

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Did you finish season 1 because that’s 70 odd % on IMDB, season 2 is 90’s it really kicked up a gear

Nah; never made it past episode 5 or 6... Twice. It's just too weird and too trippy for me.

• The topic was pinned