talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Competition - Last Man Standing

football forum

• Administrator

also @Dan that looks really fucking unlucky to lose that, to be honest.

Plzen top of the league. Played 18. Only conceded 6 goals. Top of the league. Top scorers in the league.

Couldn't score and end up losing against a side who have only scored 17 and are 2nd from bottom and lost the most games in the league so far xD 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Dan said:

Saying that, Jihlava actually beat 2nd place in their last game. Maybe next year Jihlava will win the league.

Jihlava had only lost 0-1 against the second placed team in the league before facing Plzen, and Plzen had drew 0-0 against 8th two matches back. So I'd say that was kinda risky. Still, your jinxed.. yeah. If you could tell me we won't win the WC i'd be so happy mate. xD

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Jihlava had only lost 0-1 against the second placed team in the league before facing Plzen, and Plzen had drew 0-0 against 8th two matches back. So I'd say that was kinda risky. Still, your jinxed.. yeah. If you could tell me we won't win the WC i'd be so happy mate. xD

The only thing risky about that was the fact they'd played in Europe in the week. There was absolutely nothing to suggest that it was going to end anything but a resounding Plzen win. Incredible that they've lost it. Jihlava were 16/1!

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

The only thing risky about that was the fact they'd played in Europe in the week. There was absolutely nothing to suggest that it was going to end anything but a resounding Plzen win. Incredible that they've lost it. Jihlava were 16/1!

if Jihlava only lost 0-1 to second place the week before and your team (Pilzen) drew 0-0 against a midtable team a week or two back, then i certainly wouldn't be certain they'd win. If we were to put in it numbers, i'd say there was a 60/65% chance Plzen would win, not more than. And like i said i wouldn't have chosen them this week because of that, obviously most people wouldn't have expected them to lose, but a draw was not a far-fetched prediction if you ask me.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Looks like this game was postponed today? Might want to pick another unless it gets rescheduled for this week.

Alright, change it to KF Shkendija against Pobeda

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm not having anyone try and tell me there was logic in Plzen not winning. That's surely an automatic disqualification.

xD

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Can I predict that a freezing pitch will beat a certain game? xD

Are you sure you want to waste your only use of FC Frozenpitch this early in the game.

• Subscriber

In light of the weather in Scotland and me potentially not getting online to pick again in the event of Celtic's game getting cancelled, I'm placing my insurance pick now.

If Celtic v Morton is postponed tomorrow I will go with Ludogorets to beat Septemvri Sofia in Bulgaria.

• Subscriber

Torino game has now been postponed along with the rest of the Serie A fixtures. In light of the circumstances I don't think it's unfair to count this as a "void" week for @Bluewolf and keep him into the next round. Unless he feels confident enough in another fixture today?

Unless anyone has an issue with this and speaks up, I'm putting @Bluewolf into Round four.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Torino game has now been postponed along with the rest of the Serie A fixtures. In light of the circumstances I don't think it's unfair to count this as a "void" week for @Bluewolf and keep him into the next round. Unless he feels confident enough in another fixture today?

Unless anyone has an issue with this and speaks up, I'm putting @Bluewolf into Round four.

Given  the sudden and sad loss that's caused this I appreciate that.. To be fair to everyone else involved I will change my fixture and go for an Arsenal win over Brighton today.. 

• Subscriber

Round 3 Results

Eliminated (3):

@Dan

Red Bull Salzburg 4-0 St Polten

Brondby 6-1 Helsingor

Viktoria Plzen 0-1 Vysocina Jihlava

@Bluewolf

Paris Saint Germain 5-2 Strasbourg

Inter Milan 2-0 Benevento

Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Arsenal

@Azeem98

Real Madrid 3-1 Paris Saint Germain

Zob Ahan 2-1 Padideh Khorasan

Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City

Survivors (6):

@RandoEFC

Benfica 4-0 Boavista

Real Madrid 4-0 Alaves

Celtic 3-0 Greenock Morton

@Berserker

Sabail 0-1 Qarabag

Ethnikos Achnas 1-4 Apollon Limassol

KF Shkendija 3-0 Pobeda

@Smiley Culture

Brechin City 0-1 Falkirk

Barcelona 6-1 Girona

Troyes 0-2 Paris Saint Germain

@nudge

Paris Saint Germain 5-2 Strasbourg

Bayern Munich 5-0 Besiktas

Sturm Graz 3-0 SV Wimpassing

@Eco

Napoli 1-0 SPAL

Inter Milan 2-0 Benevento

Palermo 4-1 Ascoli Picchio FC 1898

@Lucas

Red Bull Salzburg 4-0 St Polten

Young Boys 1-0 Sion

Atvidaberg 0-2 Ostersunds FK

This week we say farewell to three players. Arsenal's dismal run continues, taking down @Azeem98 who obviously got bored of the competition and bailed by backing them to beat Manchester City, and @Bluewolf, who deserves an honourable mention for making a new pick despite being offered a free pass for the week after the Torino game was postponed. @Dan, meanwhile can consider himself well and truly fucked over, as Czech league leaders Viktoria Plzen went into their game with a 100% winning record at home in the league against relegation battlers Jihlava, losers in every single away league game so far this season, only for the visitors to take a 1-0 win and inflict Plzen's first league defeat of the season.

As for our survivors, I'm struggling to pick a "jammy win of the week" as all six remaining players made it through this round fairly untroubled. 

@RandoEFC @Berserker @Smiley Culture @nudge @Eco @Lucas - congratulations on your survival into the fourth round of the competition. You can now make your pick from any team who plays between Monday 5th March and Sunday 11th March, provided you haven't already relied on them to carry you before.

This week, I'll be playing my Paris Saint Germain card, as they face bottom club Metz in Ligue 1 next Saturday.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived