talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

“Moroccan style” lamb, mint greens and roasted potato, sweet potato and butternutsquash seasoned with s+p, ground coriander and oregano. Topped with parsley, coriander, mint, cherry tomatoes and feta.

Lovely fucking jubbly 

44-E78175-F626-4-FA9-8-FCD-2-D58-BC81326

Edited by Danny
  • Wow 1
  • Upvote 4

• Administrator

I hate coriander (even if it is in a lot of Indian cooking) but that looks like a beaut of a dish @Danny

What marinade did you use on the lamb, if any?

I reckon it needs a tiny bit of fresh yoghurt on the side to give some coolness to it but it's not a must and it's not missed when it's not there.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I hate coriander (even if it is in a lot of Indian cooking) but that looks like a beaut of a dish @Danny

What marinade did you use on the lamb, if any?

I reckon it needs a tiny bit of fresh yoghurt on the side to give some coolness to it but it's not a must and it's not missed when it's not there.

I love coriander me, that and mint are probably my favourite herbs.

The marinade was made of ground cumin, paprika, ground ginger, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, turmeric, black pepper, salt, crushed garlic and olive oil.

I agree about the yogurt but the lamb wasn’t actually that spicy, but the minted green veg did give the heat that was there a bit of balance. Would definitely go spicier next time, my favourite thing about some Indian food is the use of yogurt with spice and citrus. Links into my love for Greek/Turkish/Lebanese food.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

I love coriander me, that and mint are probably my favourite herbs.

The marinade was made of ground cumin, paprika, ground ginger, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, turmeric, black pepper, salt, crushed garlic and olive oil.

I agree about the yogurt but the lamb wasn’t actually that spicy, but the minted green veg did give the heat that was there a bit of balance. Would definitely go spicier next time, my favourite thing about some Indian food is the use of yogurt with spice and citrus. Links into my love for Greek/Turkish/Lebanese food.

On a base level those kind of cuisines are all very similar, especially when it comes to heavily spicing/marinating the food and blending it with cooler/softer flavours like mint chutneys or fresh yoghurt.

Instead/In addition to cayenne pepper/paprika, if you want that extra bit of spice use red chilli powder (if you're cooking for 2-3 people then 1-2 small spoonfuls would be enough during the cooking or just in the marinade. Red chilli powder gives it a stronger, powerful heat whereas the cayenne pepper/paprika is almost a bit restrained. Hard to explain but you can tell the difference in the cooking process and then the taste. Red chilli powder blends well with the cumin and turmeric too.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

On a base level those kind of cuisines are all very similar, especially when it comes to heavily spicing/marinating the food and blending it with cooler/softer flavours like mint chutneys or fresh yoghurt.

Instead/In addition to cayenne pepper/paprika, if you want that extra bit of spice use red chilli powder (if you're cooking for 2-3 people then 1-2 small spoonfuls would be enough during the cooking or just in the marinade. Red chilli powder gives it a stronger, powerful heat whereas the cayenne pepper/paprika is almost a bit restrained. Hard to explain but you can tell the difference in the cooking process and then the taste. Red chilli powder blends well with the cumin and turmeric too.

Will have to lean towards that next time, think it was a recipe the missus found. Personally I was thinking something a bit more Greek tonight but we had souvlaki yesterday so this was a good change.

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I call that a salad but I gather, like you, the wife does not call that a salad, she asked "me where is the tomato, cucumber, spring onions, baby spinach?..." etc, I enjoyed it :D

The wife is always right. I'm not even married yet and even I know that :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Not cooked, but had this for lunch today. A bowl with Falafel, Tortilla Chips, Tomatoes, Avocado, Hummus etc. So yummy, and so much fun to eat because it tasted so fresh and there was so much to disover. 

Unbenannt-1.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2021 at 20:33, Danny said:

“Moroccan style” lamb, mint greens and roasted potato, sweet potato and butternutsquash seasoned with s+p, ground coriander and oregano. Topped with parsley, coriander, mint, cherry tomatoes and feta.

Lovely fucking jubbly 

44-E78175-F626-4-FA9-8-FCD-2-D58-BC81326

Big portion lol.

On 11/04/2021 at 14:57, Tommy said:

Not cooked, but had this for lunch today. A bowl with Falafel, Tortilla Chips, Tomatoes, Avocado, Hummus etc. So yummy, and so much fun to eat because it tasted so fresh and there was so much to disover. 

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Are you vegetarian?