talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Just in case anyone doesn't get it. It's a picture I found on the internet. I'd never do that to Spaghetti. 🤌 And I don't have a shitty ass gas stove. 

Gas stove is way superior when it comes to cooking though. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Meh. Maybe when it comes to controlling the temperature. But it's a bitch to clean and just seems kinda backwards. Induction all the way! 

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

I’ve had induction a few months now. Brings water to the boil a million times quicker, far more energy conserving and easier to clean. I get what you mean when it comes to being able to properly use a wok/pan etc. I’m too worried I’ll scratch the glass xD

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Meh. Maybe when it comes to controlling the temperature. But it's a bitch to clean and just seems kinda backwards. Induction all the way! 

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve had induction a few months now. Brings water to the boil a million times quicker, far more energy conserving and easier to clean. I get what you mean when it comes to being able to properly use a wok/pan etc. I’m too worried I’ll scratch the glass xD

I've been using induction for a few years now as well. I quite like it, and it's great in many aspects, but it also has a few significant shortcomings for me. Not being able to use all cookware, especially a proper wok (not the flat-bottomed ones), not able to char/roast stuff directly over the flame, and I also hate touch controls.

Gas is simple, versatile, better temperature control, also works when there's power outtage. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Gas is the way. 

Doesn't remain hot after turning off and I've found is more consistent when cooking. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone use pressure cookers or air fryers? We were gifted both, and they are both very interesting and make cooking easier and still very tasty. 

Last night I got some salmon, and barely sprinkled some seasoning on it, with some oil and lemon, and then put it in the air fryer, and it came out perfect. I didn't take a photo, but it looked like this and definitely still had it's moist and flaky center. 

Air-Fryer-Salmon-2-SpendWithPennies-5.jp

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
10 hours ago, nudge said:

You monster.

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

😠🤌

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Don't show any Italians this sentence.

10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

That comment is why @Stan needed to get married and that photo is the reason @Tommy may never get married... xD

You realise i was joking right xD

I was just following on from @Dr. Gonzo comment ignoring the fire and looking at a weird wooden spork thing xD

I'm not this much of a heathen! 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Eco said:

Anyone use pressure cookers or air fryers? We were gifted both, and they are both very interesting and make cooking easier and still very tasty. 

Last night I got some salmon, and barely sprinkled some seasoning on it, with some oil and lemon, and then put it in the air fryer, and it came out perfect. I didn't take a photo, but it looked like this and definitely still had it's moist and flaky center. 

I’ve been told to get an air fryer for a while, but haven’t bothered yet because of how much people have told me to get one 😂.

Salmon looks delightful!

Edit: I know it’s not yours, but it’s made me want to cook the salmon I have. 

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Eco said:

Gas is the way. 

Doesn't remain hot after turning off and I've found is more consistent when cooking. 

The top plates always remain hot after cooking till they cool down with gas? My induction is instantly cool. Unless you’re talking about the old style ceramic induction.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

The top plates always remain hot after cooking till they cool down with gas? My induction is instantly cool. Unless you’re talking about the old style ceramic induction.

My never seemed to be hot. 

And yes, I was speaking about ceramic, as it was the last electric stove top we had. 

Made Couscous salad yesterday. Couscous is seriously great, and you can combine it with so many different things. 

Today I made pasta (Farfalle) with a simple, tomato - feta sauce. Also included caramelized onions, grated carrot and herbs de provence. Good stuff. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/09/2021 at 00:01, Eco said:

Not air fryers but have a pressure cooker. You can make a stock on two hours max. In a professional kitchen stocks take all say but they can be made in 4 hours. Amazing things. 

On 03/09/2021 at 22:48, Dr. Gonzo said:

Don't show any Italians this sentence.

Italians are very funny about their food. If you put cream in a carbonara and still call it a carbonara you will hear about it all day. This hotel I use to work at I made a creamy pasta dish for staff lunch and made sure I didnt call it carbonara because the Italian waitress would have beat me with a stick 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Italians are very funny about their food. If you put cream in a carbonara and still call it a carbonara you will hear about it all day. This hotel I use to work at I made a creamy pasta dish for staff lunch and made sure I didnt call it carbonara because the Italian waitress would have beat me with a stick 

When I was living in student halls, an Italian once had a huge argument with a Canadian, because the latter said Alfredo sauce was her favourite part of Italian cuisine 😂

• Wow 1