Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Matchday Chat - Saturday 24th February

Kick-offs 15.00

Bournemouth vs Newcastle
Brighton vs Swansea
Burnley vs Southampton
Liverpool vs West Ham
West Brom vs Huddersfield 

Goal that our play deserves. Started really well but could have easily been behind after Arnautovic hit the bar against the run of play early on

Just now, LFCMike said:

Last five minutes, Can in a nutshell

He just tried to pass the ball to Moyes :dunce:

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He just tried to pass the ball to Moyes :dunce:

Honestly, such a frustrating player. Good ball for the Firmino goal then loses possession so cheaply two or three times. Thinks he's better on the ball than he is and doesn't know when to keep it simple

• Upvote 1

Just now, LFCMike said:

Honestly, such a frustrating player. Good ball for the Firmino goal then loses possession so cheaply two or three times. Thinks he's better on the ball than he is and doesn't know when to keep it simple

Fully agreed. He's capable of some good performances but other times he just makes silly mistakes. This match we've seen plenty of both sides of Can.

• Upvote 1

I never thought I’d say this but picking up £146m for Coutinho whilst hardly missing him one bit is astounding business on our part. Klopp’s transfer’s, both in and out, on the whole has been spot on. 

Weve got the best front 3 in the world :D

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Now now xD

Without question!

Oh and Robertson is an astounding LB.  

• Upvote 1

I don't even think West Ham have played badly, we've just played really really well.

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I never thought I’d say this but picking up £146m for Coutinho whilst hardly missing him one bit is astounding business on our part. Klopp’s transfer’s, both in and out, on the whole has been spot on. 

Weve got the best front 3 in the world :D

The inclsion of VvD has made us so much more solid in the back. This genuinely might be the best Liverpool side I've ever seen. We are great to watch.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The inclsion of VvD has made us so much more solid in the back. This genuinely might be the best Liverpool side I've ever seen. We are great to watch.

We over paid for him without question, but he’s just brilliant. He’s totally took all the panic out of our defence, including the goalkeeper. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Big shout that! Best to watch, almost certainly but 2007 to 2009 was stronger overall.

Liverpool appreciation thread! 

Can I be the boring twat that says “... good win. But it was against a drab West Ham side with no fight”

6 minutes ago, Batard said:

Liverpool appreciation thread! 

Can I be the boring twat that says “... good win. But it was against a drab West Ham side with no fight”

To be fair 4-1 flatters them. Could and should have been about 8. 

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Better than 2013-14 team under Rodgers? That side that pushed City so close scoring over 100 goals?

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Better than 2013-14 team under Rodgers? That side that pushed City so close scoring over 100 goals?

I’d say our current side would have pissed the league that season under Klopp. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’d say our current side would have pissed the league that season under Klopp. 

Sorry, would have to disagree with that. Very talented side you have this season, great going forward, getting better at the back for sure, but no way would you have pissed it.

City won it with 86pts. You would only just pass that total this season if you won every game left. Can't see that happening. And I don't think you've got higher than 86pts for a bloody long time. 

So that wouldn't be pissing it for me.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Sorry, would have to disagree with that. Very talented side you have this season, great going forward, getting better at the back for sure, but no way would you have pissed it.

City won it with 86pts. You would only just pass that total this season if you won every game left. Can't see that happening.

So that wouldn't be pissing it for me.

The 2013/14 side was doing it with no European football which you also have to factor in. The current side is two points down on that side after the same amount of games but is all but in a European Cup quarter final at the same time

33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah that's not even second best imo.

Don't have much time to post. 

Missed 2 sitters at 2-0. Shelvey practically misses an open goal and they go up the other end and score. 

So frustrating. We would have had a nice cushion had we not fucked up.