EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
19 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Amazed how his career has capitulated since he left us. Thought we were foolish letting him go for 300k. Something more must have happened behind the scenes there.

A mixture of good and bad things being said about him from fans of his former clubs. I think being with Holloway will certainly help him.

• Subscriber

Just seen that Danny Graham has re-signed for Sunderland. Him and Altidore tore up the Premier League :ph34r:

In all fairness, he's had a good scoring record in the last few seasons and has experience of getting promotion from League One. He's 35 now though so can't see him starting every game even with how shit Charlie Wyke is at times.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cazza said:

Decent lower league player.

I really enjoyed watching him play when he was with us before. All seemed to go downhill after he left Grimsby so would be good to get him back but Holloway has said we approached him but the talks broke down.

7 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I really enjoyed watching him play when he was with us before. All seemed to go downhill after he left Grimsby so would be good to get him back but Holloway has said we approached him but the talks broke down.

He can't be too picky atm (Bogle, not Holloway). He did alright for us when he played, but nothing to suggest he would have many clubs chasing him when he was released. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

He can't be too picky atm (Bogle, not Holloway). He did alright for us when he played, but nothing to suggest he would have many clubs chasing him when he was released. 

He's been mentioned on a few clubs' radars but nothing has materialised as of yet. Our fans absolutely adore the man so would boost the morale for a little while re-signing him.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be really interesting what happens in the next 10 days or so with the likes of Benrahma, King, Brooks, Buendia, Cantwell etc floating about and available for Premier League transfers still.

I'd have thought someone would definitely move for any of the those given the chance.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Danny - you'll need to give me updates on how Saman Ghoddos does at Brentford.

He was one of Iran's better performers today against Uzbekistan!

I’ll be honest mate no idea how good he is but know we’ve followed him for a while. Hopefully he can get amongst it

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’ll be honest mate no idea how good he is but know we’ve followed him for a while. Hopefully he can get amongst it

I've only seen him play a handful of matches, and some of them were just cameos during the last world cup for Iran... where Iran was in the group with Portugal & Spain so they just did their best Fat Sam tactic approach to most of the group stages and then were out... so it's a bit hard to judge him.

He looked pretty decent today, imo. I hope he does well, because usually whenever a Iranian guy comes to play in England they're not all that great. Andranik Teymourian's probably the best Iranian to play in England and he was... meh... Him or Jahanbahksh, who's not doing too great at Brighton either.

Rumour mill on our end saying that we're looking at Cauley Woodrow (permanent) and Charlie Austin on a season long loan. 

Can't see either happening to me, especially as Paterson was sold for 'cost cutting' reasons. Barnsley apparently want £2.5m for Woodrow, while Austin would be on big wages. With the pandemic and this season being our final parachute payment (as well as already spending on Kieffer Moore), I'll be surprised. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived