• Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pep Talk said:

City 

Barca 

madrid 

bayern 

are the best 4 teams in the world so I expect this is who will go through 

City are hardly one of the 4 best teams in the world when they have never reached the semis of a UCL, unlike Juve and Atletico. If they reach the finals and Juve don't then yeah, but until now, that spots belongs to Juve.

just a crazy thought ................. the top teams from all across the uefa countries constitutes the UCL.         How about they make a UBL.   Uefa Bottom's League.    It will comprise of the bottom four.     That would be exciting, ain't it ???

51 minutes ago, Berserker said:

City are hardly one of the 4 best teams in the world when they have never reached the semis of a UCL, unlike Juve and Atletico. If they reach the finals and Juve don't then yeah, but until now, that spots belongs to Juve.

You base things off now not the past 

currently squad wise city are one of the best 4 teams in the world. Atletico? The team that couldn’t even get out the group stage? Cmon 

juve are not the team they were from previous years which is why I don’t expect them to beat Madrid at all.

13 minutes ago, Marc said:

Man City must be laughing, perfect draw. Drawing a team from the league they've absolutely walked. 

Drew the only team to beat them in that league they've walked. The team they have an awful away record at. A team that is capable of exploiting the very few weaknesses they have. Guardiola's record v Klopp is mixed. It's far from the perfect draw for them.

4 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

currently squad wise city are one of the best 4 teams in the world. Atletico? The team that couldn’t even get out the group stage? Cmon 

juve are not the team they were from previous years which is why I don’t expect them to beat Madrid at all.

You still haven't achieved anything (besides almost certainly winning the league) something Juve and Bayern do every year. PSG also has a great squad and look, they're already out. Having one of the 4 best squads does not automatically translate into being one one of the 4 best teams. I didn't say Atletico was one of the current best teams, but that they achieved more than you recently, which is true.

That remains to be seen, until you achieve more than the other teams you won't surpass them, no matter how good your squad is.

4 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

i'm sorry but i have to disagree.

in the group stage, City is joined in with Feyenoord, Shaktar and Napoli.    We all know that Napoli and City will go through and with their last 16 tie, City is VERY lucky to have drawn against FC Basel.     And now in the quarters, they are up against fellow EPL team Liverpool.   Now, this has a fear-factor for liverpool, i don't mean any disrespect to liverpool but as the way it stands, City is the champions elect of england i'm sure that will have a psychological impact on the liverpool players.      Anyone here remembers that All Spain Finals between Valencia and Madrid ??  We can all see that Valencia was unnerved during that game coz they were contesting against the "best" in their league at that moment.

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Drew the only team to beat them in that league they've walked. The team they have an awful away record at. A team that is capable of exploiting the very few weaknesses they have. Guardiola's record v Klopp is mixed. It's far from the perfect draw for them.

I agree, Liverpool is a tough draw   ..we have smashed you this season though on agg over the two league games but anything can happen, i wanted Madrid or Munich

8 minutes ago, Berserker said:

You still haven't achieved anything (besides almost certainly winning the league) something Juve and Bayern do every year. PSG also has a great squad and look, they're already out. Having one of the 4 best squads does not automatically translate into being one one of the 4 best teams. I didn't say Atletico was one of the current best teams, but that they achieved more than you recently, which is true.

That remains to be seen, until you achieve more than the other teams you won't surpass them, no matter how good your squad is.

exactly.

Bayern is the last team outside of Spain that has won the UCL.

Barcelona won it, sandwiched between the truimph of Madrid with Carlo.

Madrid won it 3 times in 4 seasons.

Atletico and Juventus are finalist for two seasons.

3 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i'm sorry but i have to disagree.

in the group stage, City is joined in with Feyenoord, Shaktar and Napoli.    We all know that Napoli and City will go through and with their last 16 tie, City is VERY lucky to have drawn against FC Basel.     And now in the quarters, they are up against fellow EPL team Liverpool.   Now, this has a fear-factor for liverpool, i don't mean any disrespect to liverpool but as the way it stands, City is the champions elect of england i'm sure that will have a psychological impact on the liverpool players.      Anyone here remembers that All Spain Finals between Valencia and Madrid ??  We can all see that Valencia was unnerved during that game coz they were contesting against the "best" in their league at that moment.

Napoli finished third in that group. 

Yourpoint about the all Spanish games in this competition can be countered with the Liverpool v Chelsea games in 2005 and 2007. Both years Liverpool were miles behind Chelsea in the league. Both times Liverpool progressed.

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

I agree, Liverpool is a tough draw   ..we have smashed you this season though on agg over the two league games but anything can happen, i wanted Madrid or Munich

that would be a true test for City.      hopefully you'll get that on the Semis  :P 

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Napoli finished third in that group. 

Yourpoint about the all Spanish games in this competition can be countered with the Liverpool v Chelsea games in 2005 and 2007. Both years Liverpool were miles behind Chelsea in the league. Both times Liverpool progressed.

i stand corrected.

there's still hope for liverpool  :P  :P  

sorry @Happy Blue .. i like city as a team but i don't like Pep.

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah fair enough, I think the game in September was fairly even until the red card though. We're also much improved from that game early in the season. City rightly favourites though of course

• The topic was unpinned

Archived