• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Asian Cup 2019

football forum

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, nudge said:

Is that why they were so tremendously shite? Lippi was fuming at how fucking abysmal they were. I just assumed it's because they're not very good at football.

Either way, don't care, I hope Iran win it xD

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is that why they were so tremendously shite? Lippi was fuming at how fucking abysmal they were. I just assumed it's because they're not very good at football.

Either way, don't care, I hope Iran win it xD

They would have lost either way I'm sure; but apparently there are so many internal struggles and toxic relationships in the dressing room that they aren't even functioning as a team.

On 26/01/2019 at 21:43, nudge said:

They would have lost either way I'm sure; but apparently there are so many internal struggles and toxic relationships in the dressing room that they aren't even functioning as a team.

Not surprising that Lippi immediately resigned then.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not surprising that Lippi immediately resigned then.

To be fair his contract would have expired on on January 31 right after the Asian Cup anyway and he said he would be retiring after the tournament... 

On 26/01/2019 at 05:31, Devil-Dick Willie said:

"Australian soccer, the gift that keeps on giving. Bunch of pretenders more worried about their haircuts and tattoos. Competing in the weakest region and still try to sell to the public that qualifying for a World Cup is an achievement when it’s practically by default. Our women’s team is world class because they have a crack while these blokes trot out like they are actually good because they have a contract warming the bench in the 2nd division in Europe somewhere. What a beautiful way to wake up on Australia Day to this news, might watch some AFL to celebrate our national day with our national sport, Pity we couldn’t defend the Asian cup, hopefully whogivesafuckistan or the people’s republic of nowhere can take home the most irrelevant prize in world sport this year."

Top comment on facebook. This guy knows.

We just aren’t good. It’s as simple as that. Only other thing that guy got right was the women’s team. I mean he said AFL as a sport name which it actually isn’t.Weakest region is easily CONCACAF. 

But nice try again you waste of tax payers money. 

5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Only thing that guy got right was the wonen’s team. I mean he said AFL as a sport name which it actually isn’t. He literally doesn’t know anything. Weakest region is easily CONCACAF.

But nice try again you waste of tax payers money. 

Nope. I agree on AFL but it;s FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR easier to qualify through asia than Concacaf . Top 4 teams go through automatically and then 5th gets a fucking bite at the fucking cherry. It's outrageous. At least the best teams in Concacaf get to a stage where they have to fucking play each other. USA vs Mexico and the like

Option A. Finish 2nd in a group behind Iran or Japan or SK by beating the likes of Thailand, Bahrain and Quatar

Option B. Finish exactly first (the only real opposition is NZ to be fair though) then play off against a South American team?

No wonder Australia became 'Asian'

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nope. I agree on AFL but it;s FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR easier to qualify through asia than Concacaf . Top 4 teams go through automatically and then 5th gets a fucking bite at the fucking cherry. It's outrageous. At least the best teams in Concacaf get to a stage where they have to fucking play each other. USA vs Mexico and the like

Option A. Finish 2nd in a group behind Iran or Japan or SK by beating the likes of Thailand, Bahrain and Quatar

Option B. Finish exactly first (the only real opposition is NZ to be fair though) then play off against a South American team?

No wonder Australia became 'Asian'

I suppose some of the logic of going to asia was to get competitive games across all age groups (and genders - although yet to know when the Ladyboy Cup is) and in that regard it’s definitely happened. We just haven’t progressed as well as we would have hoped. In all seriousness I do believe a lot of our players chase the European dream, but tend to give up easy and go to some fucking shite middle eastern league for money or come back and do the rounds around the A-league. They need resilience. But they also need game time. We aren’t in a good place football wise. 

Watch Qatar win the copa America too

odd that the Nation with no footballing pedigree (which it was criticized for after being selected as WC host in 2022) is in the final of the continental cup (for the first time?) just ahead of hosting World Cup....funny how that works

22 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Watch Qatar win the copa America too

odd that the Nation with no footballing pedigree (which it was criticized for after being selected as WC host in 2022) is in the final of the continental cup (for the first time?) just ahead of hosting World Cup....funny how that works

Because they won a bunch of games maybe?

Archived