talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal should go for Ziyech, even Overmars was talking about it, he cannot understand why Arsenal do not sell Ozil and bring in Ziyech for 25 million, but we are going after players that do not really offer much to what we already have. 

"I believe Hakim Ziyech is better than Mesut Ozil," said Overmars, who made 141 appearances for Arsenal between 1997 and 2000, in an interview with AD

"I would advise Arsenal to sell Ozil and buy Ziyech for half of the money, but they didn’t listen to me. Now there’s a good chance Hakim will stay at Ajax for another season.” 

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal should go for Ziyech, even Overmars was talking about it, he cannot understand why Arsenal do not sell Ozil and bring in Ziyech for 25 million, but we are going after players that do not really offer much to what we already have. 

I’d be happy enough with just the Özil sale and Ziyech would just be a bonus. Maybe a swap and some money to help Ajax pay Özil’s wages?

13 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surely Ziyech can do far better than Arsenal?

He had drams to go to Arsenal, but it isn't the Arsenal of the old to why he loved them as a kid. Ziyech said he will only leave Ajax to join a team that play similar type of football.

24 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’d be happy enough with just the Özil sale and Ziyech would just be a bonus. Maybe a swap and some money to help Ajax pay Özil’s wages?

Haha Ajax are not silly when they sign players, they would never touch a player like Ozil.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Yeah you are right! I will speak with Overmars tonight and let him know.

Funny thing is, given your knowledge on here I bet you probably could xD 

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Haha Ajax are not silly when they sign players, they would never touch a player like Ozil.

Özil would glide around that amateur league with ease. They're supposed to be a club that values football purity so they'll probably build a statue of him after a month. :coffee:

As for Ziyech, it's surprising no one has made a move for him at the price being mentioned. Was as much of an important part of Ajax last season as those that have been sold.

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

Özil would glide around that amateur league with ease. They're supposed to be a club that values football purity so they'll probably build a statue of him after a month:coffee:

As for Ziyech, it's surprising no one has made a move for him at the price being mentioned. Was as much of an important part of Ajax last season as those that have been sold.

That is the kind of thing Arsenal do xD

Ajax have only 1 statue and this from a member of the former coaching staff who died a few years ago, Bobby Haarms. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Funny thing is, given your knowledge on here I bet you probably could xD 

Well tbh, in Dutch football its very easy to gain access to speak with people,  considering a lot of the training sessions are open to the public plus a lot of the Ajax board members are regularly visiting the Amsterdam university Institute of sport.   The thing is that is why the young players are easily watched by scouts. 

19 minutes ago, Panna King said:

They have the money! wow Ozil and Bale in the same team :o  with a world class striker Welbeck who is still for free O.o

I don’t think Welbeck has ever beeb described as such mate. But we could make an XI of such players. How about so far...

- Özil

- Bale

- James Rodríguez 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Panna King said:

Out of interest, why is nobody going for Ziyech at that price?

Leicester did once go for him but he turned us down.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Out of interest, why is nobody going for Ziyech at that price?

Leicester did once go for him but he turned us down.

Well he has been at the African Nations so he could still go, but it looks like he will stay with Ajax.   Ziyech did say he would only leave Ajax if he joins a club that plays similar football.   He has even turned down big money in China to go there.  

58 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well he has been at the African Nations so he could still go, but it looks like he will stay with Ajax.   Ziyech did say he would only leave Ajax if he joins a club that plays similar football.   He has even turned down big money in China to go there.  

Well then he seems like a lad with his head screwed on. Liverpool definitely have a similiar style to Ajax, and I'd bloody love Jurgen to snap this lad up. He'd be the proper quality we need to lift this squad towards the level of city. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.60df51e5ebf91728182720d2ed4fa7f3.png

Everton is ready to challenge Arsenal for 26-year-old Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha, who is rated at £80m by his club Crystal Palace. (Evening Standard)

Saw these links the last two days. Would be absolutely ridiculous from us. He's basically the same player in Richarlison but older and twice the price. Nah.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Saw these links the last two days. Would be absolutely ridiculous from us. He's basically the same player in Richarlison but older and twice the price. Nah.

Are you being serious?

Not that I’m questioning it if you are. But there are Arsenal fans that really want this signing to happen and I am really lost. I can genuinely say that I do see one single grain of positive sand in the possibility at all. Nothing, niente, nada, nichts, rien, 何もない

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked
  • The topic was locked

Archived