talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Warm-up Friendlies

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

It was more of a Lloris mistake than a poor performance. There lack of a leader is slightly concerning mind you.

Not just on the back of one game. Just in general think they're set up to be a disappointment. Seen someone who watches a lot of them say they're a real collection of individuals, albeit very talented ones. Their talent will get them so far but they'll be eaten up when they face someone like Germany.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Never doubted neymar would be ready for the WC. Many, especially cules, like to blah blah blah bout his "childish behaviour" but you didn't see him retiring (shortly) after the embarrassing defeat to Germany. Brazil is the only conmebol team with a reasonable chance to win.

They all have a good chance to win. CONMEBOL is the only continent where there is competition during the qualifiers. 

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

They all have a good chance to win. CONMEBOL is the only continent where there is competition during the qualifiers. 

Of course it is. It's why Italy and the Netherlands are out of the World Cup.

27 minutes ago, Machado said:

Of course it is. It's why Italy and the Netherlands are out of the World Cup.

Yes because San Marino, Lithuania, Latvia,Andorra is proper competition.

In SA there are no easy games. In Europe you have about 3 or 4 matches off.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Exqactly, because Bolivia are world beaters.:bye:

Bolivia are far better than each of the teams I've mentioned above as they actually have a decent league for South American standards and also have the privelege to play in the altitude at home, giving the other teams a disadvantage and making Bolivia a proper competitor.

I'd even argue the likes of Slovakia aren't far above Bolivia either. I saw them against England a while back and they are disgustingly bad, they have more recognized players because one nation is based in Europe and the other is based in South America so its obvious where the big clubs will find it cheaper to look at. Chumacero should have left Bolivia at 22 years old, yet he's left at 25. I honestly can see why the international break is frowned upon in Europe.

End of the day, the top European teams are the best in the world, but I've always thought they have slow starts at tournaments because they face real opposition unlike the wankstains they face in the qualifiers. They gain momentum and win the trophy, but to say Brazil is the only CONMEBOL team of winning it is extremely debatable.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Bolivia has a proper standard league :rofl:

Erm, so lets ignore how well Bolivar, The Strongest and Jorge Wilstermann have done in the Libertadores?

They have a better league than Chile, Peru and Venezuela, I hate to admit it but its the reality.

I'm on Blue with this, overall competitiveness is much higher in South America you have no easy games whereas in Europe you may play Spain first but your next match will be against Estonia not that much of a tough schedule.

Not many can beat Bolivia at home though.

• Administrator

couple more friendlies today and tomorrow

Monday 11th June
Senegal vs South Korea, 14.30
Belgium vs Costa Rica, 19.45

Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Japan vs Paraguay, 14.05
Poland vs Lithuania, 17.00

Paraguay down 3-1 to Japan xD

They are lucky they didn't qualify for the World Cup in the end, as for me they are the second worst South American side at the moment. They have some talented players but the way they've played in the qualifiers was atrocious. Their style of play historically has always been about effectiveness, but this time it was more luck than effectiveness if you ask me.

Archived