talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Grealish - Staying At Villa After Spurs Deal Fails

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Isn't he a bit of a dick?

Think he’s grown up a lot, certainly was as a teenager, then again who wasn’t? But got his career back on track now by all accounts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/05/2018 at 14:38, Cicero said:

With City closing in on a 60 million move for Mahrez?

Ok, I'm sorry but exactly how are City getting away with FFP? 

They pay themselves money and make it look like income.

On 13/07/2018 at 15:04, Storts said:

Grealish should be confirmed in next 48 hours we're told - fee of £15-20 million. @Fairy In Boots

I’m devastated by it but I’ve told you all it was Spurs for over a month now. 

I know someone involved in the deal so have had to watch what I say. Southgate told Jack post playoffs he needs PL football as did his agent & fellow pro’s, you’re getting a top player here he regularly gets texts & messages from current or ex pros telling him his performances are getting better and he’s rated as a potential star. 

The other clubs involved were Leicester who had him as target No 1, Newcastle who offered silly wages & Chelsea but it was a token from them really. Spurs didn’t offer him the most, he went there after meeting pochetino in Barcelona with his dad a massive Villa fan who assented to the move. If villa had been promoted we’re not having this conversation but we need the money. 

It’s a travesty for us as a fan base possibily the best player we’ve produced in a generation sold to a club that we’re traditionally as big as if not bigger yet have fallen massively behind because we’ve been managed abysmally but a succession of cowards & clowns at boardroom and pirchside level for a decade. Furthermore Spurs who’re the model of example of how to be runarw penny pinching over his fee because we’re desperate. 

Daniel levy, absolute cunt if he’s against you but oh how I’d love him down the Villa. Sadly football as it is and completely irrational granted but I’ll never forgive Tony Xia or Steve Bruce for this nor will I ever have time for Spurs anymore. Not their fault but oh well gotta hate some cunt!

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Any idea on the hold up @Fairy In Boots?

Yeah Spurs Levy is a tight cunt, holding out because it’s reported we need to make another payment by the end of next week so he’s trying to barter the deal down. Literally he will wait a month for a million quid. 

Plus apparently we’ll be sold by the end of the week, who knows at the minute. Wait a week I reckon

So after this new investment, Bruce has come out saying Grealish (and others) will not go on the 'cheap' as planned.

I'd love a guy like Levy on our side handling transfer business, but this time it looks like he's not gonna get a steal. I'm glad, cause the thought of spurs getting a player with this potential for next to piss all was a very irritating thought.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Talk from some Villa fans of about £40mil a while ago were pure delusion. There's no way you would've been able to hold out for it.

I think that was before people recognised there was no inflation this window.

if this investment is as significant as people are suggesting, they may be able to hold out for more than Levy is willing to pay. That puts Jack in a real uncomfortable position of trying to force the move.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think that was before people recognised there was no inflation this window.

if this investment is as significant as people are suggesting, they may be able to hold out for more than Levy is willing to pay. That puts Jack in a real uncomfortable position of trying to force the move.

The inflation point only really counts when it's from a club who can afford to sell. Tottenham have done the right thing. Everyone knew that Villa didn't have the money anyway and if they were to get an offer of around twenty million there's no way they can really say no.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So why hasn’t he joined yet? Oh... because don’t trust ITKs they’re all full of shit.

Villa have had a change of circumstances to be fair since the deal was apparently all but done.

4 hours ago, Marc said:

@Fairy In Boots Do you still think Grealish is leaving?

Told no official offer yet, Levy will bid officially on deadline day as he still thinks FFP could force our hand. 

Shot himself in the foot though because our owners have told Jacks agent “we don’t need to sell anymore.”

it will come down to the offer (if it’s too good to turn down) and Jacks wishes, they have said they don’t need to sell him but won’t stand in his way if he wants to leave. If he wants to go then I’d make him put in a transfer request though in their shoes. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Told no official offer yet, Levy will bid officially on deadline day as he still thinks FFP could force our hand. 

Shot himself in the foot though because our owners have told Jacks agent “we don’t need to sell anymore.”

it will come down to the offer (if it’s too good to turn down) and Jacks wishes, they have said they don’t need to sell him but won’t stand in his way if he wants to leave. If he wants to go then I’d make him put in a transfer request though in their shoes. 

Yup - in fairness to Levy nobody knew you'd get the takeover done so quickly, he was doing the right thing - just backfired on him this time.

I still expect us to get this done at around £25 million plus a few addons, but that's a lot more than we were originally wanting to spend that's for sure.

We shall see though, definitely looks like going down to the final day doesn't it. I think Grealish does want to come, so I don't think that's a problem for us - but just depends on how the new owners feel and whether they do need to get cash in or not for FFP which seems very unclear. 

• Subscriber

No chance we spend 40 million that’s ridiculous for a guy that’s had half a good season in the Championship. Our benchmark was the Maddison fee and considering Maddison had better stats I think that’s fair. Anything above 25-30 just isn’t worth it 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s the market & you’re fucked now because that Stadium will hamstring you and you can’t pay the going rates.

I expect you to drop out the top 4 now and slip back a bit over 5 years. But pong term the stadium is the smart investment 

It's nothing to do with the stadium - it's just how the club is run, and how it has always been run since Levy took charge. The Stadium is financing is completely separate to football activity.

Whilst I'm frustrated with Levy, he's right not to pay that ludicrous sum for a player that has had half a good season, whilst a similar player with better impact went for £20-25 million.

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Staying At Villa After Spurs Deal Fails
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived