talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

16 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Am honoured to be mentioned in the same breath as @nudge.

South America is on top of my list mate. I almost went in January but when I do go I want to go for longer than the 3-4 weeks I could’ve gone for earlier this Year. My mate who was born in chile went back in December/January but his itinerary and what I wanted to do just didn’t match.

I’ve  got to get to Peru/chile/Argentina/Brazil etc soon. But I think it’ll require me leaving my job to do it properly and with a gf too it makes it harder.

edit: plus from Perth to say Argentina I’d be in transit for almost two days unless I paid insane money ($3k) and even then it’s like 30 hours. 

That's silly, should be like 13/14 hours.

30 minutes ago, Berserker said:

That's silly, should be like 13/14 hours.

Mate have a look at a map haha to your capital city I’ve got to go across Australia (4 hours) and I just googled average flight time and it comes just under 20 hours via 1-3 stops depending on airline. 

17 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Mate have a look at a map haha to your capital city I’ve got to go across Australia (4 hours) and I just googled average flight time and it comes just under 20 hours via 1-3 stops depending on airline. 

I perfectly know the distance mate haha, and maybe i was a little bit optimistic but it shouldn't be more than 18 hours, it's around 13500 km from BA to Perth. It's way longer because there's not a direct flight and most ones go through Doha, i said what it should be, not what actually is.

Edited by Berserker

28 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I perfectly know the distance mate haha, and maybe i was a little bit optimistic but it shouldn't be more than 18 hours, it's around 13500 km from BA to Perth. It's way longer because there's not a direct flight and most ones go through Doha, i said what it should be, not what actually is.

I didn’t even look at the ones via Doha. Just through NZ... and yeh still ages and that’s not even a detour really! I will get there eventually!

Edited by Toinho

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Whats the longest flight you been on?

Direct flight it'd be UK to LA which is around 11-12 hours. 

One stop it was UK to Dubai then Dubai to Durban which is about 13-14 hours. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Whats the longest flight you been on?

Longest uninterrupted flight was 10-11 hours from Helsinki to Bangkok.

Longest with one stop in between was over 24 hours from Phnom Penh to Berlin via Doha (including long time in transit). Add to that time additional bus and taxi rides to get where I had to and the total trip time was about 50 hours and I went to work afterwards... Never again haha. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, MUFC said:

11-12 hours, how much of it was spent sleeping?

Can't remember. Probably a fair chunk of it as there's only so much TV/entertainment I can watch with a screen so close in front of me. 

Plus I find it really uncomfortable on flights in terms of temperature and trying to sleep in those kind of seats, even on the larger planes. 

Just back from a 4 night cruise to @The Rebel CRS second home, Amsterdam. So here's a taste of our experience.

I've been twice, both on piss up's but this time me and my mate had the girls with us so we did things a little more sedated shall we say. Just as nice mind. Beautiful city no matter your purpose.

P.S Great atmosphere Sunday night for Holland v Germany in the city too I must add. Love the Dutch fans.

20190326_173259.thumb.jpg.7546dc96fb064ce7cdb6ea94f1a30fe0.jpg

20190325_111147.thumb.jpg.421752c71609801023190191da9df65d.jpg20190323_193801.thumb.jpg.f5cf8e4fd319df6a6e87cc64746bd067.jpg20190323_163218.thumb.jpg.0bf2737fdfeac88239fa6ac6abad09bb.jpg20190323_180942.thumb.jpg.afe7cc97726b5ddcbb3d8d42499e164c.jpg20190323_192353.thumb.jpg.e30b092ad5f0c5279cfab5415ec1c3ec.jpg20190323_161535.thumb.jpg.d6f9c28843f068f6f0538da08c8541b1.jpg20190323_160706.thumb.jpg.bc558cd174b4a77fb5f6d10defc6ed96.jpg20190323_180921.thumb.jpg.ffaba2bfc81e79b133befcf5f13d6d50.jpg20190324_173033.thumb.jpg.dec107a65eb3c51e567b4625a26e9e2d.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

Done 12 or so to Dubai like 3 times. Fucking shite. Not the best plane sleeper either. 

Am going Dubai in April, last time on a plane was hard to sleep. Everytime I was nodding off, kept swaying either right or left was annoying. This flight is direct, 7 hours.

20 hours ago, Toinho said:

Am honoured to be mentioned in the same breath as @nudge.

South America is on top of my list mate. I almost went in January but when I do go I want to go for longer than the 3-4 weeks I could’ve gone for earlier this Year. My mate who was born in chile went back in December/January but his itinerary and what I wanted to do just didn’t match.

I’ve  got to get to Peru/chile/Argentina/Brazil etc soon. But I think it’ll require me leaving my job to do it properly and with a gf too it makes it harder.

edit: plus from Perth to say Argentina I’d be in transit for almost two days unless I paid insane money ($3k) and even then it’s like 30 hours. 

The only downside to South America is that you'd have to be very cautious in a lot of South American countries I'd say.

Saying that I don't think Uruguay or Argentina would be countries where you would feel uneasy in. I'd get by fine in those 2 I think.

I find Brazil to be the most attractive, but at the same time I reckon you would have to seriously be cautious there.

Colombia seems beautiful, but again, dodgy and you'd have to be cautious as fuck. I actually know a joiner who went there last year for 6 weeks. He said it was great and that he was "only" mugged once. I suppose it's all about being wise, not carrying too much money or belongings on you, etc.

Even though it's not in South America(it should be), Mexico would be right up there and maybe top the list as far as Latin America countries go.

21 hours ago, Berserker said:

They plan to come sometime. I hate commercial flights too, mainly because of the no-smoking and the sheer boredom too mate.

If you could sit back, roll up spliffs and just sit there smoking away then the trip wouldn't actually be all that bad at all. It would pass time xD

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The only downside to South America is that you'd have to be very cautious in a lot of South American countries I'd say.

Saying that I don't think Uruguay or Argentina would be countries where you would feel uneasy in. I'd get by fine in those 2 I think.

I find Brazil to be the most attractive, but at the same time I reckon you would have to seriously be cautious there.

Colombia seems beautiful, but again, dodgy and you'd have to be cautious as fuck. I actually know a joiner who went there last year for 6 weeks. He said it was great and that he was "only" mugged once. I suppose it's all about being wise, not carrying too much money or belongings on you, etc.

Even though it's not in South America(it should be), Mexico would be right up there and maybe top the list as far as Latin America countries go.

If you could sit back, roll up spliffs and just sit there smoking away then the trip wouldn't actually be all that bad at all. It would pass time xD

The safest are Argentina, Uruguay and parts of Chile.

Brazil and Venezuela are the 2 worst when it comes to crime. I went to Rio Branco in in January,  which is isolated from the rest of Brazil, but it was the same deal. Very dangerous and at night no one was out on the streets because it becomes so violent. That was my second time in the country, I'd have been to the east coast before that. I went to Venezuela way before the crime rates skyrocketed, so I have no comment on that.

Peru is in the middle. Lima is very dangerous because of how many people have moved in from provincial regions. However, outside of that it's not too bad. You have to be cautious but it could be worse.

I felt quite safe in Bolivia when I went, but I was in a small town in the north so maybe I'm not qualified enough to comment.

19 hours ago, MUFC said:

How bad is Brazil suppose to be? Every year for the F1 race security is stepped up, team members get mugged and stuff.

I've been to Brazil twice, and both times I left unimpressed with it's infrastructure. Nothing ever works, the crime rates are very high in all parts of the country, and the service you get is terrible. Brazilians are amongsts the rudest people in South America.

I love Brazil so I don't want to make it out as if it's a bad country to visit. On the contrary, I love going there but that doesn't hide all the countless problems they have as a nation.

On 27/03/2019 at 15:02, Blue said:

I've been to Brazil twice, and both times I left unimpressed with it's infrastructure. Nothing ever works, the crime rates are very high in all parts of the country, and the service you get is terrible. Brazilians are amongsts the rudest people in South America.

I love Brazil so I don't want to make it out as if it's a bad country to visit. On the contrary, I love going there but that doesn't hide all the countless problems they have as a nation.

It's funny you say that as I was only saying the other day how, from personal experiences, Brazilians are among the friendliest people you will come across. I suppose it's different meeting Brazilians travelling in Europe than it is when you're actually in Brazil though as that's when you will get a better idea of the people generally. But still, I honestly find it hard to imagine that they are the rudest.

The rudest from personal experiences are probably the Polish. At the same time though, some of the nicest people I've met have been Polish, so I'm not one to judge a whole nation.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's funny you say that as I was only saying the other day how, from personal experiences, Brazilians are among the friendliest people you will come across. I suppose it's different meeting Brazilians travelling in Europe than it is when you're actually in Brazil though as that's when you will get a better idea of the people generally. But still, I honestly find it hard to imagine that they are the rudest.

The rudest from personal experiences are probably the Polish. At the same time though, some of the nicest people I've met have been Polish, so I'm not one to judge a whole nation.

I've met some lovely Brazilians, so you shouldn't take my comment too literally. I'm generalizing. However, when it comes to services, they are worse than the Italians. They are quite awful and very unforgiving.

It always depends on the region in my opinion. For example, the people in Lima are so friendly, but the people from Cusco and Arequipa are arrogant and unforgiving. Same with Canada, in Quebec and many parts of British Columbia, they are extremely friendly. In Ontario they are ice cold. In Brazil's case, I found the people of Rio Branco friendly but in Rio de Janeiro they were terrible.

The friendliest people in South America are probably the Colombians. The worst are either Chileans or Brazilians.

On 27/03/2019 at 14:54, Blue said:

The safest are Argentina, Uruguay and parts of Chile.

Brazil and Venezuela are the 2 worst when it comes to crime. I went to Rio Branco in in January,  which is isolated from the rest of Brazil, but it was the same deal. Very dangerous and at night no one was out on the streets because it becomes so violent. That was my second time in the country, I'd have been to the east coast before that. I went to Venezuela way before the crime rates skyrocketed, so I have no comment on that.

Peru is in the middle. Lima is very dangerous because of how many people have moved in from provincial regions. However, outside of that it's not too bad. You have to be cautious but it could be worse.

I felt quite safe in Bolivia when I went, but I was in a small town in the north so maybe I'm not qualified enough to comment.

Yeah Venezuela is the main one I'd avoid and pretty much all of Central America, other than Mexico, but even then it would only be to certain parts.

Argentina is probably the most 'European-like' I'd say.

I suppose most of the troubles comes from corrupt governments and Cartles. Mix those together and it's always a recipe for disaster.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've met some lovely Brazilians, so you shouldn't take my comment too literally. I'm generalizing. However, when it comes to services, they are worse than the Italians. They are quite awful and very unforgiving.

It always depends on the region in my opinion. For example, the people in Lima are so friendly, but the people from Cusco and Arequipa are arrogant and unforgiving. Same with Canada, in Quebec and many parts of British Columbia, they are extremely friendly. In Ontario they are ice cold. In Brazil's case, I found the people of Rio Branco friendly but in Rio de Janeiro they were terrible.

The friendliest people in South America are probably the Colombians. The worst are either Chileans or Brazilians. 

What about the finest women? Probably Colombia as well?

What about the English? I'd say we are some of the biggest cunts to be honest xD

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What about the finest women? Probably Colombia as well?

What about the English? I'd say we are some of the biggest cunts to be honest xD

I have a love-hate relationship with the English. I tend to get along fine with them, but they just seem so negative and rude at times. With Brits it's really a matter of getting to know them then they are fantastic people.

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Yeah Venezuela is the main one I'd avoid and pretty much all of Central America, other than Mexico, but even then it would only be to certain parts.

Argentina is probably the most 'European-like' I'd say.

I suppose most of the troubles comes from corrupt governments and Cartles. Mix those together and it's always a recipe for disaster.

Costa Rica is fine if you stay outside of San Jose - which is easy cos there isn't much to see there anyways.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Blue said:

Doing Nunavut in August and Winnipeg in October

@Viva la FCB

I've never been up north but its something Ive always wanted to do, I love the photography opportunities and the wildlife (Im talking more Yukon but still would be interesting). Winnipeg in the winter is definitely a choice, just be prepared xD. Sounds like a good couple trips anyways, enjoy yourself.

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I've never been up north but its something Ive always wanted to do, I love the photography opportunities and the wildlife (Im talking more Yukon but still would be interesting). Winnipeg in the winter is definitely a choice, just be prepared xD. Sounds like a good couple trips anyways, enjoy yourself.

I'm doing Winnipeg to see York 9 against Valour FC. Away games, but yes in October it should be cold!

I'll let you know how I do in Nunavut. Looks stunning.