talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forums

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

No, because you think that winning the ball is a penalty.

I didn't even know you were American, it all makes sense now.

Just because you won the ball, doesn't mean its not a foul.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I agree. I hate VAR and it needs to be eliminated as soon as possible, but if it wants to be effective it has to get the decisions right. That was a correct decision as Trent I think it was didn't put his leg down and sandwiched Mbappe, making it impossible to keep going. Its carelessness and unfortunately, that's no excuse.

It was Risdon on Griezmann.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

No, because you think that winning the ball is a penalty.

I didn't even know you were American, it all makes sense now.

Not what i said though, I said I don't think he touched it. The replays on Fox don't show him touching the ball. But if he had touched it, you can't left your left and trip up the attacker. I think you are the one that needs to learn the rules, mate.

Clearly some people on here don't know football because the general rule is the ball has to change direction for it NOT to be given a penalty. You lot wouldn't be saying "No pen" if it was just a random game in the league. I mean, come the fuck on, he does fuck all to take the ball away then clips his legs with the follow through. Clear penalty. 

7 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

That's definitely a penalty. He got the slightest of touches on the ball if at all, then takes down Griezman. 

If he touches the ball first it's not a penalty 

Just watch by the next world cup every foul will be video reviewed and it will be like watching rugby; they will have to introduce clock freezing so they games doesnt have 45 minutes injury time each half

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Clearly some people on here don't know football because the general rule is the ball has to change direction for it NOT to be given a penalty. You lot wouldn't be saying "No pen" if it was just a random game in the league. I mean, come the fuck on, he does fuck all to take the ball away then clips his legs with the follow through. Clear penalty. 

Load of rubbish. The rule is that a tackle has to win the ball, as in take it out of control of the player with the ball, which he clearly does. Griezzman had no way of getting to that, it was a great tackle and not a penalty.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Load of rubbish. The rule is that a tackle has to win the ball, as in take it out of control of the player with the ball, which he clearly does. Griezzman had no way of getting to that, it was a great tackle and not a penalty.

I think want warrants it a penalty was the defender lifting his leg, thus tripping up the attacker. No lifting of the leg, no penalty.

• Administrator
Just now, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

If it were some Tunisian on Harry Kane on Monday night, I bet there wouldn't be any of this. It's only cause it's the "froggy cunts" versus the underdog that you's are arsed.

or maybe we're all arsed because we don't want bad decisions to influence a game :/ 

If it were some Tunisian on Harry Kane on Monday night, I bet there wouldn't be any of this. It's only cause it's the "froggy cunts" versus the underdog that you's are arsed.

No.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

In these circumstances it's clearly not a foul, he wins the ball and takes it out of Griezzman's posession. He was not getting to that ball. 

And then goes on to sandwich Griezmann's legs and literally clips him. Griezmann had no chance of continuing.

If he had just won the ball then fair enough, but he did more than that.

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

I think want warrants it a penalty was the defender lifting his leg, thus tripping up the attacker. No lifting of the leg, no penalty.

I think the lift of the leg came after the contact, not as a way to bring Griezmann down.

Wins the ball
Gets out of Griezmann's control
Momentum of the sliding tackle means he traps Griezmann's leg but this is unintentional. Either way, the ball is already with the keeper because of the slight contact on the ball in the first place.

I don't think it should have been a penalty/don't think the decision should have been overturned as it wasn't a clear and obvious error, for me anyways.

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

It’s called an opinion mate, and like arseholes, we’ve all got them.

Why do you keep saying Mbappe? 😂

Christ, and then I went on to say Griezmann in that same post. Its 6 AM here, dont @ me xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I think the lift of the leg came after the contact, not as a way to bring Griezmann down.

Wins the ball
Gets out of Griezmann's control
Momentum of the sliding tackle means he traps Griezmann's leg but this is unintentional. Either way, the ball is already with the keeper because of the slight contact on the ball in the first place.

I don't think it should have been a penalty/don't think the decision should have been overturned as it wasn't a clear and obvious error, for me anyways.

I'll watch it again, but I didn't think he touched the ball of the replays I was watching.

IF he does though, I thought he immediately lifted his leg, stopping the attacker.

Archived