• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 2 - 23 June - South Korea 1-2 Mexico, Germany 2-1 Sweden

football forum

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Notice how Sweden never went to the corner once? It's not pretty but go to the corner, fake an injury, take time over stoppages. 

Poor from Sweden, although I am gutted for them.

I hate the faking injury scenario, but yeah, play for time with passes into big spaces and obviously the running the ball into compromising areas like the corner flag.  There are tons of things you can do but not shooting from an impossible position when you are seconds away from a result. xD

Thank the Lord he's not returning to Colombia... Right colour, wrong country thankfully.  

1 minute ago, BartraPique1932 said:

What did he do?

Btw: Brandt > Müller

Brandt is already better than Müller ever was. One of the most overrated players in contemporary football of the 00's. Never understood the thing with him.

People saying this has been a good tournament...how? 

The underdogs doing better than the better team can be a good story once in a while but when so many of the top nations are playing this poorly then it definitely dies not equate to a good tournament. Maybe they'll belt up a bit once the knockout rounds start but these group games really have been cack for the majority.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

The underdogs doing better than the better team can be a good story once in a while but when so many of the top nations are playing this poorly then it definitely dies not equate to a good tournament. Maybe they'll belt up a bit once the knockout rounds start but these group games really have been cack for the majority.

majority of games have been entertaining or at least watchable. it's not all about good teams being good.

What you are saying in this comment is; 'HOW DARE OTHER PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS THAT I DON'T'.

Course it’s good. You’d like an utterly predictable set of games where the ‘big’ teams 9/10? Nah.

Most of the games haven't been borefests like in previous tournaments.

I have a question about a football rule.

I know there should be a minimum distance the opponents need to stand (wall) at during a free kick. But, in the last goal by Kroos, why didnt any Swedish player mark Reus? I thought when there is another player (Reus in this case) apart from the freekick taker(s) closer to the ball, you can actually mark them?  Or is it that the opponents (Swedes here) still need to maintain that minimum distance from the ball by leaving Reus free?

TIA

1 minute ago, Stan said:

majority of games have been entertaining or at least watchable. it's not all about good teams being good.

It's about entertainment above everything and I think we have been lacking real quality for the most part. Look how many 1-0 wins have happened. Little flair about.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

What you are saying in this comment is; 'HOW DARE OTHER PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS THAT I DON'T'.

.......yes.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Course it’s good. You’d like an utterly predictable set of games where the ‘big’ teams 9/10? Nah.

No, but i would like some crazy games here and there, some proper shoot outs and not scrappy bollocks.

Just now, 6666 said:

Most of the games haven't been borefests like in previous tournaments.

I think a fair majority of the have lacked and real quality play.

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

I know there should be a minimum distance the opponents need to stand (wall) at during a free kick. But, in the last goal by Kroos, why didnt any Swedish player mark Reus? I thought when there is another player (Reus in this case) apart from the freekick taker(s) closer to the ball, you can actually mark them?  Or is it that the opponents (Swedes here) still need to maintain that minimum distance from the ball by leaving Reus free?

TIA

Nope. All opposition players have to be minimum 10 yards away. You could have 3 or 4 players stood over the ball if you want.

TIA

It's ten yards from the ball that the wall needs to be. 

• Administrator

TIA

nah, always have to be 10 yards away from where the ball is placed.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived