talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 3 - 27 June - South Korea 2-0 Germany, Mexico 0-3 Sweden

football forum

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I mean hes almost certainly gone, no? I dont see any scenario in which he can come back in charge.

To be honest there where alot of shocking decisions Neuer is the least of which that mattered. They couldnt attack or defend, didnt matter if you had two keepers in net.

You wanna bet? I say he'll stay. That's Germany's culture. That's why we still have Merkel. The soft officials these days are too afraid of change. Löw is still seen as this super hero who won the world cup, even though he should have won something sooner with the talent at his disposal. So my guess is that not much will change. Maybe some players will retire from international duty now, but apart from that:

giphy.gif

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You wanna bet? I say he'll stay. That's Germany's culture. That's why we still have Merkel. The soft officials these days are too afraid of change. Löw is still seen as this super hero who won the world cup, even though he should have won something sooner with the talent at his disposal. So my guess is that not much will change. Maybe some players will retire from international duty now, but apart from that:

giphy.gif

I fucking hope not, you stubborn bastards. I mean, maybe If the right bunch retire and he has no choice but to field a great starting lineup again maybe he can fluke his way to another trophy, only kind of joking.

Not entirely his fault as players didn't turn up. However a change is needed to shake things up.  12 years as manager is a long time and compliancy sets in. 

A manager at any level can over stay their welcome. 

I read somewhere that Löw benefited from having a great generation of footballers at his disposal. In spite of these riches only won 2 tournaments.

DFB need to change things starting with the coaching staff.  It will be the only reaction that will make this World Cup performance bearable

Players thought World Cup ended after that late Sweden goal........

Also have to admit that losing in this fashion has not been as detrimental to my well being (mental and physical) as when we usually lose in semifinals. 

Those losses are soul crushing.

Also as it dragged on as 0:0 the writing was on the wall and so wasn't a sharp a sting as when a goal is scored  

very unlike me to see the positives lol

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

That was abysmal, Germany got what they deserved. Never want to see Özil and Müller again in the national team kit.

That is not something I thought I'd read after Germany 4-1 England in 2010 xD

---------------------

Thought Germany were awful. Did say before they're surely about due a shocking World Cup but didn't think it would go quite that badly. Shows that nobody is immune to it as they're usually just about the most reliable international team going. I think it's as simple as they've gotten very complacent, they need to bin Low and get some fresh ideas in. I'm sure this is just a blip and they'll be back strong in 2020.

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The English press are absolutely ecstatic about Germany's exit, it is very weird. Small time and one of the most one-sided 'rivalries' in football.

Funnily enough most Germans I talk to are really happy about England doing well so far :D

That performance from Sweden is exactly why England shouldn't even be thinking about throwing the Belgium match. They've got through Holland, Italy, Germany and battered the next Mexico performing squad in a very long time. They're not going to be scared of England and are more than capable of beating them.

The mood in Mexico must have flipped on a dime now. To beating Germany and a nation feeling invincible to losing to Sweden and facing Brazil. That round of sixteen hurdle they always seem to fall at must be haunting them now.

As for Germany I don't think anything more needs to be said. They've began believing in their efficient tag too much to the point where it's led to complancy at all levels. That's demonstrated most at the top in the German FA offering Low a long term contract before the start of the tournament. Ozil and Muller have been a part of some wonderful German teams in the past but I think it's time for them to step aside. Let the likes Brandt, Sane and Werner have the responsibility of forming a generation that will do a lot better in four years time.

Sorry guys, I cursed you, it's my fault for getting Germany in the adopt a country thread. My domestic team hasn't won a trophy since 1969 and hasn't won more than 1 FA cup game in a season for about 15 years. Nevermind. 

Archived