talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

10 minutes ago, FOYM said:

I haven't explained the situation very well here haha. 

This lass is somebody my mates actually know in person. Plus i know the people in her photos too, so her being real or not isn't the issue. It's really seeing if she said yes just stroke her ego or whether she's into it.

The ball is in her court now,l. Hopefully it goes through, because she's a stunner. But on the flip side, I can't say I'm impressed with her attitude to it so far. We'll see over the next couple of days how it pans out. 

Take it she has not got back to you yet then mate?? Getting a bit late to book that table.. If she leaves it till the last minute take her to a Subway as I don't believe you need to book in advance to get in there... Tell her it was the only place you could get at such short notice... 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, FOYM said:

dyll69.jpg

9gm1di.jpg

Didn't see the second picture... The standard has just jumped up a notch or two with that fella... Now I rate your chances as most likely to score as Lukaku... If you put a Harry Kane standard picture up next I am afraid you are done for mate.. xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Looking at the first picture of the blokes top he looks like he drinks more than his mouth can hold so would suggest sipping if she agrees to go on a date with you mate that should make a good impression... 

that's @FOYM ain't it?

Just now, FOYM said:

You cunts know what I look like, as you know, i'd be punching a bit if it happens.

Well she seems genuine enough and if your mates know her then maybe they can better advise you on the situation.. Like you say if you are not pushy about the whole thing then just wait and see what happens... 

• 3 weeks later...

Right now I'm going out with Peru's national team keeper... well one of them. She's around my age and I don't consider us "in love" or anything near it, but there have been signs that something might come up.

I rather avoid it but I mentioned earlier sometimes I feel love is inevitable. I don't feel anything towards her but I'm really timid and if she makes the first move, that may change things. Of course within time. If she said something now, I'd deny it.

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

You're going out with her? Like dinner and dates? 

Maybe just keep it dinner haha

Point is its just us 2 and she seems enthuiastic about me.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Blue said:

Right now I'm going out with Peru's national team keeper... well one of them. She's around my age and I don't consider us "in love" or anything near it, but there have been signs that something might come up.

I rather avoid it but I mentioned earlier sometimes I feel love is inevitable. I don't feel anything towards her but I'm really timid and if she makes the first move, that may change things. Of course within time. If she said something now, I'd deny it.

you can't always bank on that though, mate. 

you don't want it to get to a point where neither of you make a move and you'll start making excuses of why you haven't, or she might lose any feelings she has towards you (if any). 

why would you deny it if she said something now? What if she made the first move? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

you can't always bank on that though, mate. 

you don't want it to get to a point where neither of you make a move and you'll start making excuses of why you haven't, or she might lose any feelings she has towards you (if any). 

why would you deny it if she said something now? What if she made the first move? 

Mmm I'm a bit worried. After my last girlfriend I've become careful about the girls I decide to date. She was in a group of my lifelong friends and when we broke up, everything became shit.

This girl plays for the Peruvian womens national team, and I'm slightly worried about the consequence if things don't work out. At the same time, I know I'll want a relationship so I'm a bit conflicted.

The one good thing is that while I am covering womens footy here, its not the main thing I'm doing and even then if we do break up (all hypothetical) then it just might take me time before I cover it. I consider myself a professional when it comes to giving footy opinions (as hard as that will be to believe)

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Has she got a safe pair of hands?

Is she comfortable with the ball(s) at her feet?

Is she decent at one on one's?

Has she got a good fist in a crowded box?

All important info I'm afraid if she's to become the Number One.

• Administrator

It shows how distracted (and settled) I’ve become when I’ve not visited this thread for months. But bloody hell, sorry to hear about your news @Stan. I remember you proposing and how happy you seemed. The right person is out there for you mate, and you’ll know when you’ve found her because compromising becomes a two way thing without needing to be spoken about. You just click and do what’s needed for each other. Just don’t rush to be a parent. I’m fucking exhausted! 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Batard said:

It shows how distracted (and settled) I’ve become when I’ve not visited this thread for months. But bloody hell, sorry to hear about your news @Stan. I remember you proposing and how happy you seemed. The right person is out there for you mate, and you’ll know when you’ve found her because compromising becomes a two way thing without needing to be spoken about. You just click and do what’s needed for each other. Just don’t rush to be a parent. I’m fucking exhausted! 

Thanks. I was happy throughout the relationship, don't get me wrong. But it was a case of wanting different things at different times in our lives.

I didn't get to the point of proposing though! 

Fate has its ways! I was close to doing so but even in the days where I was considering getting the ring I started to get serious second thoughts about it all. And it's lucky that her dad told me to wait while her older sister was about to get engaged as well. 

Definitely no rush to be a parent!!

Archived