talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Administrator

started dating again in April but kept it quiet before it got serious. good job it did as I've realised I wasn't ready for a commitment/relationship again after only a couple of months from breaking up with my ex. 

Had to be honest to myself and my own well-being to be fair otherwise I'd be being unfair to her as well being in a relationship without putting the same effort in as she was towards me. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 15/05/2018 at 13:36, Toinho said:

Congrats man! 

I know it's a girl but options for a middle name could be Emerton or Neill.

I loved Neil’s passion but definitely Emerton. :x

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since my last update she's met my parents, is coming to my graduation next week, and now I've been invited to go on a 3-day trip in the highlands with her parents when they visit from Denmark next month. 

Probably would have shat myself and ran at the thought of doing any of that with anyone last year, so it's cool to finally be experiencing this kind of stuff for the first time. 

Her parents speak really good English she tells me, and her dad speaks German too like her, but I've been brushing up on my Danish as well just to make a bit of a better impression. Also so I can eavesdrop better on their conversations, maybe.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Panna King said:

What does everyone prefer, a lads/girls holiday or going away with the other half? 

I've only ever been on one lads holiday and that was a stag do to Magaluf. As I'm sure you can imagine it was fucking carnage from the moment we set off to the airport here and up to the moment we left for the airport there. 

I like to have a mixture of chilling/sightseeing/exploring on hlldjay so these days I prefer going away for more civilised holidays. When I was with my ex we went to Madrid and Mykonos and they were great. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've only ever been on one lads holiday and that was a stag do to Magaluf. As I'm sure you can imagine it was fucking carnage from the moment we set off to the airport here and up to the moment we left for the airport there. 

I like to have a mixture of chilling/sightseeing/exploring on hlldjay so these days I prefer going away for more civilised holidays. When I was with my ex we went to Madrid and Mykonos and they were great. 

I like a bit of both I think stag dos are a bit over the top though. I like golfing holidays with friends and go out at nights.  I am going to a Dutch carribean island called Bonaire its extremly quiet but beautiful so i go with my other half.   

Some people just like to get away and have a break from eachother at times.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I like a bit of both I think stag dos are a bit over the top though. I like golfing holidays with friends and go out at nights.  I am going to a Dutch carribean island called Bonaire its extremly quiet but beautiful so i go with my other half.   

Some people just like to get away and have a break from eachother at times.

Couldn't agree more mate. I've been trying to get away from @SirBalon for ages but he never lets me go. 

2 hours ago, Panna King said:

What does everyone prefer, a lads/girls holiday or going away with the other half? 

Does a lad holiday count if you go with one mate? I've done parts of Europe with one mate and it was great fun. I've also done a similar Europe trip with an ex and it was also good. I don't know which one I preferred! 

I've done Cambodia and Thailand with two good friends, it was very fun... yet I also like to be selfish and do what I want to do... therefore sometimes travelling alone can trump all of the above and travelling solo I have found you meet loads more people. 

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

Does a lad holiday count if you go with one mate? I've done parts of Europe with one mate and it was great fun. I've also done a similar Europe trip with an ex and it was also good. I don't know which one I preferred! 

I've done Cambodia and Thailand with two good friends, it was very fun... yet I also like to be selfish and do what I want to do... therefore sometimes travelling alone can trump all of the above and travelling solo I have found you meet loads more people. 

To me a lads holiday implies going with most of your group of close pals.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

To me a lads holiday implies going with most of your group of close pals.

Yeah that's what I thought. Very easy for you lot on the continent to do that. Bit harder for me unless a group of us wanted to go to Bali to get cocaine up our bums. 

On 24.6.2018 at 00:41, Panna King said:

the second

did the whole lad holiday thing a few times as a student but in the end it always felt like a 1-week hangover

6 hours ago, Panflute said:

the second

did the whole lad holiday thing a few times as a student but in the end it always felt like a 1-week hangover

Yeah it ends up not being very relaxing living in a state of perpetual hangover for that long. And then you come home feeling fucking dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

started chatting to a few girls using the Bumble dating app. 

been chatting to one for a couple of weeks and she just got annoyed that I don't react to memes she sends me on Insta. She literally just said 'memes are life for me'. 

just me that finds that a bit weird/obsessive :|?

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

started chatting to a few girls using the Bumble dating app. 

been chatting to one for a couple of weeks and she just got annoyed that I don't react to memes she sends me on Insta. She literally just said 'memes are life for me'. 

just me that finds that a bit weird/obsessive :|?

Run. now.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Run. now.

my first instincts, too.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I second this... Would recommend stealing a bike if you can find one that way you can get even further away in a shorter space of time...  

SEE YA!

Image result for speeding gif

All these different dating apps people use these days... Bumble, yea that's right I googled it.. xD does no-one ever actually go 'outside' and meet anyone in person and try and strike up conversation using a bit of charm, wit or just a good old laugh anymore or I am I just too old fashioned and not 'with it' 

I mean come on... Zombieing, Ghosting, Haunting, are these really dating terms these days???... words normally associated with a George A Romero film.. I must admit I suppose the fear of being shot down in public with your mates in tow probably does not appeal to many when you can safely get R-Bombed from the comfort of your own bed... all alone

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

All these different dating apps people use these days... Bumble, yea that's right I googled it.. xD does no-one ever actually go 'outside' and meet anyone in person and try and strike up conversation using a bit of charm, wit or just a good old laugh anymore or I am I just too old fashioned and not 'with it' 

I mean come on... Zombieing, Ghosting, Haunting, are these really dating terms these days???... words normally associated with a George A Romero film.. I must admit I suppose the fear of being shot down in public with your mates in tow probably does not appeal to many when you can safely get R-Bombed from the comfort of your own bed... all alone

yes. I do both.

I don't see the harm in using dating apps - the way of the world as it is now.

Last night I was out after the match and got to know a few people by talking and interacting with them so it's not quite a lost art yet xD. Not on me, anyway. 

But these apps aren't all bad - you could still meet the love of your life or 'the one' from somewhere you may never actually go to in person. For example there's this other girl (not meme-girl) I'm talking to and she's from Wellingborough. There's no discernible reason I'd ever go there but having matched myself with a girl from there I may now have a reason to.

I'll agree with some of the terms used these days though! Grafting is another one - putting in loads of effort in order to get the girl/boy.

• Subscriber

Tried out dating apps and met a couple of girls through them but I deleted the last one I had almost two years ago now. I hate it, the whole culture of choosing your best pictures (someone I know from school has a tinder profile with photos that are so badly photoshopped it's literally ridiculous but that's another thing) and putting some daft joke or something on your profile. Taking 20 minutes or several hours thinking of witty replies to send back and people who spend their lives asking friends "how should I reply to this?". None of it's real and I know I'm generalising as there are also many people who use dating apps who aren't like this at all but I can't look past it myself. Fine if you're looking for fun or hookups which I don't have a problem with but I'd be looking for a relationship personally at this time in my life and dating apps really aren't for me. I'd much rather someone wanted to go out with me from a real life encounter or getting to know me instead.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Tried out dating apps and met a couple of girls through them but I deleted the last one I had almost two years ago now. I hate it, the whole culture of choosing your best pictures (someone I know from school has a tinder profile with photos that are so badly photoshopped it's literally ridiculous but that's another thing) and putting some daft joke or something on your profile. Taking 20 minutes or several hours thinking of witty replies to send back and people who spend their lives asking friends "how should I reply to this?". None of it's real and I know I'm generalising as there are also many people who use dating apps who aren't like this at all but I can't look past it myself. Fine if you're looking for fun or hookups which I don't have a problem with but I'd be looking for a relationship personally at this time in my life and dating apps really aren't for me. I'd much rather someone wanted to go out with me from a real life encounter or getting to know me instead.

I've met a few off these dating apps and set out from the start that I don't just want a hook-up cos that's not my thing. You do kind of learn to separate the wheat from the chaff based on how conversations go. 

Tinder obviously set out from the start as a 'hook-up' app and I was apprehensive before joining it but I met my ex through that, not for a hook-up, and ended up in a 2 and half year relationship.

I totally get what you're saying though. I think it depends on how you approach it - want something serious and you'll obviously tailor your chat/profile towards that; want a hook-up and the same applies.

Having used Tinder and now Bumble, the latter is definitely for more sensible or mature types. Puts Tinder in to its place when you look at who you could be meeting.

Archived