talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Belgium 3-2 Japan

football forum

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If it wasn't for Japan we wouldnt have power rangers. Go go Japan 

bwehehehehe.

i'm hoping japan will have the strength left for the second half.    don't want to see them go out like mexico who for the whole part of the 2nd half was going forward only to be deflated on the last two minutes .....

@Eco  -- look man ..........  it's another russia vs spain :P  :P  

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

did I say they were boring or compare them to Russia?

There was a period of the game where Japan had ALL but one player in their own box. And that other player was just outside of it. 

You inferred they were negative by saying they were 'sticking men behind the ball', this is palpable bollocks.

Just now, bozziovai said:

bwehehehehe.

i'm hoping japan will have the strength left for the second half.    don't want to see them go out like mexico who for the whole part of the 2nd half was going forward only to be deflated on the last two minutes .....

@Eco  -- look man ..........  it's another russia vs spain :P  :P  

I''ll save this just for you. 

Still wouldn't shock me if the Waffles win by 3

Not sure who else thinks this but this has a very Belgium - USA feel to it, except switch the goalkeeping with defense.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You inferred they were negative by saying they were 'sticking men behind the ball', this is palpable bollocks.

you implied the negativity. 

I didn't say they were constantly sticking men behind the ball. I also don't think they've been that great around the box. Yeah they had the ball around the box at times with good switches of play, but have they actually tested the defence or the keeper? Barely any clear-cut chances or openings. 

Japan's tactics are working for them. Good for them but I don't think it's a 'great' performance just yet.

2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The waffles xD

Well I suppose that is better than their previous nickname the paedophiles

What? Who called them that ha ha

1 minute ago, Stan said:

you implied the negativity. 

I didn't say they were constantly sticking men behind the ball. I also don't think they've been that great around the box. Yeah they had the ball around the box at times with good switches of play, but have they actually tested the defence or the keeper? Barely any clear-cut chances or openings. 

Japan's tactics are working for them. Good for them but I don't think it's a 'great' performance just yet.

They've had a shot on target, but I think that's about it. I think they're putting in an alright performance, but as @Harvsky says, they'll show a lot of good technique and good touches and pass it up from the back only to routinely pass it away to the sidelines for no reason.

Belgium rightly look the better side here, but Japan are frustrating them. And that is good tactically for Japan, I agree with both of you. But I think @Stan and I are in agreement that they've got to be a little more clinical and make the limited chances they might get in the second half count. Because otherwise, I think Belgium might be able to beat them on just fitness... and obviously you need to score goals to win.

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

I''ll save this just for you. 

Still wouldn't shock me if the Waffles win by 3

Samuri v the waffles

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Belgium used to be famous for chocolate and paedophiles and they only invented the chocolate to get to the kids 

Pretty certain the Aztecs invented chocolate ;)

• Subscriber

Think Japan have been wasteful honestly. They should be putting balls in earlier because the bodies are there to take the chances and Inui is drifting too wide and not allowing Nagatomo enough time to join the attack when the does have the ball. 

What I have liked is how they've not just short-changed their defensive duties by lobbing balls out of the box with no hope of retaining possession once that is done. Sadly, that is also coupled with some horrendous passing once its gets past the defensive portion leading to Belgium restarting again. I think they can win this game if they just start to take more chances. Courtois is literally sleeping in that goal like he has all season long for his club as well.

Just now, Harvsky said:

They used the beans but Belgium is famous for chocolatiers who invented new things with them :what:

Mate it was a joke

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Side Note: The amount of knowledge on luring kids with chocolate in this thread is mildly disturbing

Tbf I'm just making up my own facts now because the idea that Belgium's nickname was the paedophiles is hilarious.

And that's why you never leave your kids anywhere near Brussels.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Belgium 3-2 Japan
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived