Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

World Cup Final - Sunday 15th July - France 4-2 Croatia (France win World Cup 2018)

football forum

Fuck off.

Just now, Cicero said:

Don't think Croatia has any more in them. 

3 consecutive ET's, two of them ending with penalties, and one day less of rest than France? Too much for any team.

Modric is a genius, getting to a World Cup final with a defence formed by Lovren, Strinic and Vida is no ordinary feat. xD

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Don't mind who wins this. I quite like both sides. Croatia have achieved a great thing by reaching a World Cup final just by producing a quality team from a very narrow population, not much luck to it at all. France I feel like they've paid their dues by losing the Euro final on home turf and maybe this is their redemption.

I'll probably enjoy this a lot more than I would have if England were involved.

If Croatia win the final against france after playing three ETs and one less day of rest, they should be declared world champions of all time... seriously thats a no fucking joke... 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Asura said:

If Croatia win the final against france after playing three ETs and one less day of rest, they should be declared world champions of all time... seriously thats a no fucking joke... 

I can't see it. Even if they were fully rested. This France side has way too much quality in depth. 

I want Croatia to win but I think France will just overpower them, we tore down their wings today and if we were any better on the ball when they pressured us maybe we could have carried on, but France definitely can. I think it'll end up fairly one sided tbh.

Besides the obvious underdog factor of Croatia winning it, watching Deschamps bottle two major finals in a row would be quite hilarious. 

I want Croatia to win because of Dejan Lovren, and it'd mean we're knocked out by the actual winners of the tournament... which is a little less shite than just getting knocked out (or not even making it out of the group stages like that sad group of "favourites" xD). Also France are France, so they've got that going against them as well in terms of their general likeability.

I seem to recall that @Danny and @Blue disagreed with me that Croatia are better than England. 

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

I seem to recall that @Danny and @Blue disagreed with me that Croatia are better than England. 

I said we edged it on paper and that it could go either way in a match, it was a 2-1 win won in extra time.

Just now, Danny said:

I said we edged it on paper and that it could go either way in a match, it was a 2-1 win won in extra time.

You lost. xD 

Just now, Spike said:

You lost. xD 

I know?

Just now, Danny said:

I know?

Edged it on paper though. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Edged it on paper though. 

And on another day we could have gone in at half time 2-0 up...hence edging it on paper, because it's a close call and someone has to lose (us today).

Just now, Danny said:

And on another day we could have gone in at half time 2-0 up...hence edging it on paper, because it's a close call and someone has to lose (us today).

And on another day you would have gone 5-0 down at halftime. Just accept you were wrong. xD

Just now, Spike said:

And on another day you would have gone 5-0 down at halftime. Just accept you were wrong. xD

With all those chances they had in the first half? There wasn't much in the game and they won, falls in line with what I said. Step away from your laptop and start an argument with someone else xD

Just now, Danny said:

With all those chances they had in the first half? There wasn't much in the game and they won, falls in line with what I said. Step away from your laptop and start an argument with someone else xD

So many chances they won!

Just now, Spike said:

So many chances they won!

:clown:

Just now, Danny said:

:England:

That is racist. Reported.

Just now, Spike said:

That is racist. Reported.

You're Australian, you're automatically racist. Reported.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

You're Australian, you're automatically racist. Reported.

You choose to be racist by posting the flag of racism, whereas I'm racist by nature, something I can't change. Reported for cultural insensitivity and scientific racism. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

You choose to be racist by posting the flag of racism, whereas I'm racist by nature, something I can't change. Reported for cultural insensitivity and scientific racism. 

This is the only flag I know, you on the other hand could choose the true flag of Australia but choose not to....racist by birth racist by nature.

Image result for indigenous flag australia

Just now, Danny said:

This is the only flag I know, you on the other hand could choose the true flag of Australia but choose not to....racist by birth racist by nature.

Black fellas don't want that as the Australian flag, because it's their own. Only out of touch white people that live in the richest suburbs of Melbourne and Sydney, that have never actually met an Aboriginal want that as the national flag. xD Plus it is ugly.

Just now, Spike said:

Black fellas don't want that as the Australian flag, because it's their own. Only out of touch white people that live in the richest suburbs of Melbourne and Sydney, that have never actually met an Aboriginal want that as the national flag. xD Plus it is ugly.

I like it, used to run past the flag mural in Redfern when I was training for City2Surf. Makes a good wall flag.