talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

No... But it looks fun. Well, nerd kind of fun, but fun nonetheless xD How do I start? xD 

For what its worth ive played many of nerd card games but the gameplay patterns and formats make magic the most fun and interesting for me. Download magic arena the client, its actually fairly good for starting out and teaching the basics. Personally i dont much care for the online as it feels more like a video game and Im way too invested in physical cards albeit I havent played that since covid. But ignoring my skepticism its a fairly good way to be introduced to the game anyways. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

For what its worth ive played many of nerd card games but the gameplay patterns and formats make magic the most fun and interesting for me. Download magic arena the client, its actually fairly good for starting out and teaching the basics. Personally i dont much care for the online as it feels more like a video game and Im way too invested in physical cards albeit I havent played that since covid. But ignoring my skepticism its a fairly good way to be introduced to the game anyways. 

Yeah, I don't particularly like digital versions of actual games, especially when it comes to cards, chess and the likes. Would love to get into physical cards, but unfortunately, it's not really an option; I already have my stuff scattered around four countries at least, and it's a headache every time when you have to leave more stuff behind xD  Will check the MTG Arena though, always wondered what it's all about...

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Could always tag those culprits in here?

C1KMwc-VQAAeYBB.jpg

15 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Glad that the Off Topic section will stop being shite now that Tommy has left :ph34r:

xoxo

200.gif

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

For those unsure what to do tonight: 25 Jahre Alarm für Cobra 11 series marathon will start in a few moments on RTL Nitro and will go on until 5 o'clock in the morning... xD 

Have I ever told the story of how they filmed this on my old street and you could see my fathers car in that episode? Iconic. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Have I ever told the story of how they filmed this on my old street and you could see my fathers car in that episode? Iconic. 

Hmm no, I don't think you have :35_thinking: xD 

• Haha 1

I wanna just take a second to talk about the German national team. And how much Low is a fucking embarrassment at this stage. 

Last game played, Germany lost 6-0 to spain. With this line up 

-------------------------------Neuer---------------------------------
Ginter------Sule--------------------Koch------------------Max
----------Goretzka-------Gundy--------------Kroos----------
Sane---------------------Gnabry------------------------Werner

Obviosuly there are some experimental aspects to this side, and it doesn't necessarily represent our best 11. But it leads me to so many questions.

Why attempt to play a wonderful winger as a false 9?
Why are we even trying midfield combos that aren't based around Goretzka/Kimmich, the 2 players who make up the core of the worlds best teams midfield? 
Why has Timo Werner been picked? At all? 

Lets lay it out, and I'd love to hear opinions. 

Goalkeepers. Neuer, Ter Stegen, Trapp. This is a no brainer. Ter Stegen is one of the best in the world, as is Neuer. Neuer is older, but thats good in a keeper and he plays every week with half the fucking team. 3rd choice is down to user taste but relatively unimportant. I like Trapp personally. 

Center backs. Sule is Germanys best CB IMO. But who we pair him with is the riddle. I don't think theres a perfect answer, but I think Rudiger is most likely to compliment Sule well, and he generally performs better with a better player next to him. Ginter and Tah are the other 2 I'm happiest with personally. 

Full backs. Big problem area IMO. On the left, I think Halstenberg is the man. I don't hate Schultz, but he's not much of a fucking defender is he? More a guy who can be an aggressive overlapper against shit teams.  Right back, Kimmich is NOT THE ANSWER! He MUST play in midfield next to Goretzka. WHY WOULD YOU FUCK UP THE BAYERN PAIR? Whos the guy for the job? Klosterman? Ginter? 

Midfield. Goretzka and Kimmich. WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T YOU? In front of them, we have several options. Kroos, Havertz and Gundogan. Reus and Brandt can also play in the middle, but Reus is made of bread sticks and Brandt likes to play wide. I think Gundogan is the choice here. He's on fire at city. I like having Reus and Brandt on the bench for versatility though

Wide attackers. Sane and Gnabry play football week in week out with Goretzka and Kimmich. They're bot excellent and full of flair. FUCKING PLAY THEM. One each side. EZ. Brandt, Reus Havertz. These are the other options. FUCK OFF WERNER. Unless we're playing 2 up front (we wont) or we're playing fucking Slovenia or Estonia, the guy can fuck off. He's not even good as a super sub as he gets WORSE as opposition teams sit deeper. 

Striker. Muller. Just play the guy. Man roams, scores goals. Playing him makes it harder to play other roaming players -ie- Kai Havertz. But fuck it. He's our best hope of a consistent stream of goals and the country only seems to produce keepers and midfielders these last 10 years. Waldschmit, Volland are sadly our best actual forwards, and neither is pulling up trees. 

End rant. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

McIED is my homie :x

Why doesn't low play Kimmich and Goretzka in midfield. You're our agent in Dusseldorf! 

:ph34r:

Löw just does Löw things. He loves to play players out of their position. 

To support the local breweries, some bakeries in my city now bake Altbier-Brot. So instead of water they use beer that the breweries would have to otherwise throw away due to the bars being closed during the pandemic. :o 

https://www.bild.de/regional/duesseldorf/duesseldorf-regional-politik-und-wirtschaft/baecker-helfen-brauerei-in-der-not-wird-aus-bier-jetzt-brot-75817156.bild.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1