talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but although Leicester were a new champion cakking Blackburn Rovers new is a stretch, considerig the won the titles in 1912 and 1914.:farmer:

No buddy, they won it in 1995 when Dalgleish did a runner from Liverpool to them, even Shearer ended up playing for them. :D

In 1992, Rovers gained promotion to the new Premier League a year after being taken over by local entrepreneur Jack Walker, who installed Kenny Dalglish as manager. In 1995, Rovers became Premier League champions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Rovers_F.C.

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction

11 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

No buddy, they won it in 1995 when Dalgleish did a runner from Liverpool to them, even Shearer ended up playing for them. :D

In 1992, Rovers gained promotion to the new Premier League a year after being taken over by local entrepreneur Jack Walker, who installed Kenny Dalglish as manager. In 1995, Rovers became Premier League champions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Rovers_F.C.

Look at the wikipedia article you posted yourself. Blackburn Rovers already won the titles 1911/12 and 1913/14. So they weren't new champions in 1995, they only had to wait for their third title for a long time.:farmer:

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Look at the wikipedia article you posted yourself. Blackburn Rovers already won the titles 1911/12 and 1913/14. So they weren't new champions in 1995, they only had to wait for their third title for a long time.:farmer:

They were new title holders in the new EPL, they won the other titles in the old Division 1 division. :D

On 23/05/2022 at 13:37, Rucksackfranzose said:

English people pointing at the Buli with the note of failure to compete has more to do with the English inability to give German football any credit - highlighted by their delusional claim England and Germany were rivals on International level, although Germany won 7 big titles compared to England's 1- than with reality. 

One of the best and truest things I've ever read on here. 

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

• Administrator
On 23/05/2022 at 11:52, CaaC (John) said:

If you look at the EPL from the 1992-93 season it's the same, the likes of Blackburn Rovers & Leicester were new winners as it had (and still is) dominated by Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City, correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe Spurs might suddenly pop up as winners next year knowing Conte, I wonder what the odds are on that happening, I wouldn't mind putting a few quid on that as a bet. 

It'll be Man City or Liverpool again. Big gulf between those 2 and any other side that fancies challenging them. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 23/05/2022 at 04:37, Rucksackfranzose said:

Actually, and I'm honest here, it's short-sighted the messure a league's competition level only by the fact, which team won the title. Also Real Madrid won more Spanish titles, than Bayern won German ones, although the Spanish championship is younger than the German. To be frank, English people pointing at the Buli with the note of failure to compete has more to do with the English inability to give German football any credit - highlighted by their delusional claim England and Germany were rivals on International level, although Germany won 7 big titles compared to England's 1- than with reality. That said I share many people's desire for a champion that aren't Bayern.

You had me until the last part :ph34r:

Honestly I think it would do alot of good if someone could take the title from us but If things dont change I just dont know if Its going to happen. This season was nearly as tumultuous as I can remember in recent times (mainly the rückrunde) and it still really wasnt close in the end. 

On 05/05/2022 at 22:13, Tommy said:

In Germany they'll introduce a 9€ per month ticket for three months. So you can travel throughout whole Germany by train with that ticket.

Now the rich people/tourists on the Island of Sylt are scared they are getting swarmed by ordinary 9€ party tourists. xD

Now there's even a song about it! 

Germany fans in denial that England vs Germany is spicy at the end of the day. Its common in football to have teams with history between them but not much even competition, Barcelona Espanyol, Liverpool Everton, England Scotland. 

Netherlands Germany also have a huge titles gap.

55 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Germany fans in denial that England vs Germany is spicy at the end of the day. Its common in football to have teams with history between them but not much even competition, Barcelona Espanyol, Liverpool Everton, England Scotland. 

Netherlands Germany also have a huge titles gap.

Netherlands and Austria are neighbours, though. Last time I checked England and Germany didn't share a border. The clubs you mentioned all come from the same city, so they are comparable to neighbouring countries. The Germany /England equivalent would be Liverpool and Tottenham.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Netherlands and Austria are neighbours, though. Last time I checked England and Germany didn't share a border. The clubs you mentioned all come from the same city, so they are comparable to neighbouring countries. The Germany /England equivalent would be Liverpool and Tottenham.

Its international football so such little details don't matter. Germany England are West European teams with history on and off the sport. 

Netherlands Germany rivalry is just because of being neighbors or the WW2 history ?

13 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Its international football so such little details don't matter. Germany England are West European teams with history on and off the sport. 

Netherlands Germany rivalry is just because of being neighbors or the WW2 history ?

It's both. So Pakistan have a rivalry with Macao, since both are Asian teams with no signifikant success on pitch and such little details don't matter?

On a side note Germany is Central European::P

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

It's both. So Pakistan have a rivalry with Macao, since both are Asian teams with no signifikant success on pitch and such little details don't matter?

No but its fixture with all " South Asian " countries are more of a highlight than playing Macau cause the same region. Like all SE Asian playing each other is more of interest.

Germany England may not matter more for Germany  but its a spicy fixture on a matchday nonetheless 

Egypt is technically Middle Eastern while Algeria Morocco Tunisia are North African ' Maghrebi countries ' Egypt doesn't share a border with any of them but their matches are derby by all means. Being in close proximity is enough in international football.

23 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Only by CIA who popularised CE as a term for altogether. Actual argument is England is in Northern Europe :coffee:

Disagree, the term CE was popularized by Friedrich Naumanns "Mitteleuropaplan" during WWI, long before CIA were even established.;)

8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Disagree, the term CE was popularized by Friedrich Naumanns "Mitteleuropaplan" during WWI, long before CIA were even established.;)

It faded after WW2 and CIA revived it because they prefer some terms over others in their security divisions of the world, like Middle East over West Asia :coffee:

IMG-20220527-210204.jpg

37 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

It faded after WW2 and CIA revived it because they prefer some terms over others in their security divisions of the world, like Middle East over West Asia :coffee:

IMG-20220527-210204.jpg

To be fair, it only faded away because of the prevailing East /West antagonism in Europe after WWII. So  the real question is, if West Germany is West Europe and East Germany is East Europe, what does this make Germany as a whole? :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, it only faded away because of the prevailing East /West antagonism in Europe after WWII. So  the real question is, if West Germany is West Europe and East Germany is East Europe, what does this make Germany as a whole? :ph34r:

Weast Europe! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

West Europe. Because post union Germany is a successor state of West Germany, East Germany is a relic of the past.