talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 UEFA Awards

football forum

Who should win 2017/18 UEFA Player of the Year?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win 2017/18 UEFA Player of the Year?

• Luka Modric
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Mohammed Salah

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I refuse to vote, what a load of bollocks.

Messi absolutely dominated La Liga and carried Barca to nearly being undefeated. Only game they lost late on was when he didn't feature in the squad.

Yet somehow he isn't there.  xD

• Subscriber

What's the criteria? Performances in Champions and Europa League or just all performances including league games? And does the World Cup count? xD

Have to say out of those three Ronaldo gets it if it's just based on UEFA competitions I.e. Europe. Salah gets it if it's overall. If you factor in World Cup then Modric is closer but not the winner.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2018 at 00:28, RandoEFC said:

What's the criteria? Performances in Champions and Europa League or just all performances including league games? And does the World Cup count? xD

Have to say out of those three Ronaldo gets it if it's just based on UEFA competitions I.e. Europe. Salah gets it if it's overall. If you factor in World Cup then Modric is closer but not the winner.

Purely going by the title of the award it would be based on UEFA competitions only, however there does clearly need to be more clarity on the explanation along with reasoning on why its taken this long to announce a shortlist.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Salah somehow won goal of the year for his effort vs Everton.

Pavard or Bale should be winning that by a mile.

I personally think McGree's goal was the best, but the fact Salah won that in general is just proof these awards are all about marketing and fads.

Have your pick on what goal is the best but there is no chance that goal was better than McGree's at the very least.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I personally think McGree's goal was the best, but the fact Salah won that in general is just proof these awards are all about marketing and fads.

Have your pick on what goal is the best but there is no chance that goal was better than McGree's at the very least.

Ronaldo or Bale would of won it then. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Ronaldo or Bale would of won it then. 

Salah was the trending player of the year mate.

Ronaldo didn't score as many bangers as Salah and Bale isn't exactly a "fad" these days.

• Subscriber

These awards have absolutely no credibility what so ever. Salah's goal is not the best goal all season xD that's absolutely ridiculous. Messi not even up for player? And don't get me started on the goalkeepers, Schmeichel being in there is absolutely astonishing. I get it's for his World Cup but he had his worst ever season here last year. I doubt he'd be in my top 50.

No-one can possibly take these seriously or ever use them in an argument again, surely.

So in other news, we won the best fanbase.

As happy as I am for our recognition, this is also silly because we just had a good world cup. On a week to week basis, attendances in the Peruvian league are pathetic and there are also constant brawls that the police has had to ban certain stands and fans from going to the ground.

It's really all about fads like I said. I can't be unhappy we won the best fanbase, but at the same time I can't take it seriously.

Dn4jI5QU4AAMZ3L.jpg

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Peru fans win the Fifa Fan Award

Peru's fans are awarded the Fifa Fan Award. This accolade was voted purely by supporters

How many times did @Blue vote :ph34r:

Look above mate, I am happy we won this but again it is inaccurate.

Only reason we won it was because of our World Cup. Similar to the whole Schmeicel debacle @Dan was mentioning.

• The title was changed to 2017/18 UEFA Awards

Archived