talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Any rumours of who's lined up to replace him? What a waste of a season it's been for Everton though - especially after all of the hype about them having a "great" summer transfer period.

We'll go after Fonseca again.

• Subscriber

Ancelotti has been mentioned again. Apparently Simeone's people contacted us when Koeman was sacked asking about the project but stating that the interest wasn't there until maybe the end of the season. Why Simeone would ever even think about managing us is beyond me, I can see Ancelotti coming for the money but is this type of job his specialty? I suppose his name may help attract some more star players. Fonseca seems the most realistic of those mentioned and apparently he wants the Premier League.

Allardyce is disappointing me now, he has resigned himself to leaving in the summer and taking the huge payoff he doesn't deserve because we were forced to offer him another 12 months worth £6m more in salary, and he isn't even pretending to give a shit.

Honestly don't know where Everton expect to be at the moment, best Summer signing was a player not good enough for Spurs. Two of the other "big" signings have now been sent out on loan but also were hardly massively inspiring and they went and replaced Koeman with a manager who's renowned for finishing midtable and not being able to deliver much more.

If the owners are serious then there needs to be a big revamp in the Summer otherwise this is just the same Everton that has been for the past two decades.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Absolute drivel. 

Paulinho wasn't good enough for Spurs and now he's a key cog in the Barcelona machine. Sandro has gone out on loan but I'm unsure of who the second massive signing is to be shipped out? Allardyce is a shocking appointment I'll agree but the rest of your post just makes you come across as someone who watches Football League and then goes on to make big posts about what you've heard on the street about the top flight - utter nonsense.

The rest of my post? The part where I said Allardyce has always struggled to achieve much more than midtable? Or the part where I said you are essentially performing at a level expected of oi considering the last 20 years?

I'm sure Sigurdsson will turn out exactly like Paulinho 🙃

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Maybe he will, maybe he won't but you can't just throw around statements that are absolute rubbish and dress them up as fact. Funny how the one bit you respond to is the part where funnily enough I agreed with you but hey ho, we'll just leave it there.

I didn't say it was fact, all I said was your best Summer signing has already failed to compete at a higher level, i.e. at Spurs.

Sandro and Klassen were massively inspiring signings? So much so that most people on here didn't think you'd strengthened enough to compete with the top 6. Or was Michael Keane also an inspiring signing? You signed a host of players that haven't really achieved much, you're sitting 6 points off of 7th place. What more could you reasonably expect this season because you were never going to be challenging the top 6.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Maybe he will, maybe he won't but you can't just throw around statements that are absolute rubbish and dress them up as fact. Funny how the one bit you respond to is the part where funnily enough I agreed with you but hey ho, we'll just leave it there.

What you do every day

16 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently Everton want Wenger if he s sacked. Probably bollocks and can't see it happeninf myself.

It'd be an awful appointment tbh. Everton need a lot of work and bringing in a man who's seemingly lost his touch and is increasingly under pressure seems like a recipe for failure. And Wenger deserves better than his legendary career ending up sacked with the blueshite.

• Subscriber

We are so inactive in here compared to the Chelsea and Arsenal threads. Those guys think they have things to moan about, we need to up our game to demonstrate that our lot have been the shittest disappointment of all this season.

Funes Mori and Klaassen (remember him?) played and impressed for the under 23s on Monday. I like to think Mori will come into the side alongside Holgate on Saturday though that might be a bit bold from Fatty. Perhaps Keane and Holgate with Mori on the bench is more realistic. With Baines making the bench at Burnley I'd expect to see him finally put Martina out of his left back misery too.

I know Klaassen hasn't shown anything in his first team appearances but everyone has spoken about his on going professionalism and hard work on the training ground. Now that alone should be a given but it's still less than a year since he captained Ajax in a European final. A player of that calibre should not be so far from the first team picture as long as Morgan Schneiderlin is still not just making the bench but actually setting foot on the pitch most weeks.

I know Klaassen splits opinion amongst our fan base at the moment but I'm firmly in the camp of giving him time. Forget about his wages and what we paid for him because it's irrelevant. We have a player rotting in the periphery who can play well enough to become captain of Ajax and a Dutch international. We need to give him another chance to show what he can do.

What the fucks happened to Vlasic by the way?

My ideal but completely unrealistic hope for Saturday is to see the following lineup:

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Mori Baines

Gueye Klaassen

Walcott Sigurdsson Vlasic

Tosun

Subs: Robles, Kenny, Keane, Rooney, Bolasie, Calvert-Lewin, Niasse.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What the fucks happened to Vlasic by the way?

Having issues with Allardyce and he's not the only one. 

As for Mori, no thanks. I get the idea behind it being the others have been poor as well but he's been crap under Martinez and Koeman. Can't see Allardyce getting anything out of him. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, HK85 said:

Having issues with Allardyce and he's not the only one. 

As for Mori, no thanks. I get the idea behind it being the others have been poor as well but he's been crap under Martinez and Koeman. Can't see Allardyce getting anything out of him. 

Keane over Funes Mori still?

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'll get laughed at but Keane isn't that bad.  You could put Gerard Pique next to Ashley Williams and he'd look like a donkey. If we can sign a decent defender in the summer to sit alongside Michael he'll come along nicely, it's not his fault that he's having to play in two positions at once. 

I think Keane isn't a lost cause, but he's been consistently poor this season with only a few good performances mostly coming early on. He's struggled when the going got tough, I don't think he's a bad player and I think the right manager could sort him out, but I think he's soft which isn't good.

Williams is a let down and of the two, he's the one that has no future with us. However, on the rare occasions we've had a decent run of defensive performances this season, he has at least been part of some of those when partnered with Holgate. I'm struggling to think of anyone Keane has been paired with where there's even been signs of some consistency and a chance of there being a worthwhile partnership in it.

I reiterate that Williams can still fuck off and of all of our defenders, he's hit the lowest lows of all this season and far too often. Not just his ability and pace deserting him but his temperament too, unacceptable when he's about 4th or 5th in line to the armband and therefore a semi-regular skipper.

Not sold on Keane either though. Definitely a player in there but I never like it when you've got a player who can only perform well in certain circumstances and it takes effort to put that in place for them. We've had a few in recent years - Jelavic, Deulofeu, Stones etc.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Yeah, probably.

Seen nothing from Mori to suggest he will do any better than Keane, Williams, Holgate or Jagielka. 

Fair. Funes Mori in the long run probably isn't good enough for us but for the rest of this season or at least the coming weeks I'd say it's worth giving him a shot with the momentum of his recovery and an impressive under 23 comeback behind him, rather than Keane who is going through a pretty shitty spell.

Sam Allardyce insists he is still the right man to lead Everton and says he is planning for the long-term at Goodison Park.

Allardyce faces mounting pressure at Everton with the Toffees languishing in 11th place in the Premier League, following a run of just two wins from the last 12 games in all competitions.

Everton are in danger of being dragged back into the relegation battle, with just seven points separating themselves from the drop zone, and Allardyce is determined to halt the club's slide down the table.