talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 15th September - 1500 Kick Offs

Shocking first half by us, Guendouzi/Xhaka partnership was awful once again good to see Emery change it when it wasn't working at the half.

Second half was brilliant, Torreira changed the game and all of Xhaka, Ramsey and Özil were a lot better. Just a shame we switched off at the end, need to shore up defensively but overall a solid win.

Still not a fan of the Sokratis signing but he was very good yesterday. Hopefully he continues to prove me wrong.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to set the Palace Fan's mind at ease, I was a fan of footy the moment I listened to the Commentary on the FA Cup when Sam Bartram went for the ball and it burst at Wembley in the 40's and have been a supporter of Roy for years - Swiss, Italian, England etc  Our (04) only European success was against him when I watched David Wagner prowling and - sadly - failing to get on the pitch in the final for us!  Occasionally Roy has been somewhat pedantic and is over supportive of his players - sometimes leaving it too long to accept that they are not his best option.  Max could fail to fit in to PL football, but after his exploits as a kid, teenager and adult, his experience is such that a full game will give him time to settle with his colleagues and provide them - and you - with a performance which will confirm Roy's decision to take him on, but frustration can often lead to over-trying and failing.  I trust Roy will not leave it too long.  As a teenager, Max was one of the most respectful kids I ever had to deal with - I cannot believe that has changed in London!

12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Do you think you are in relegation danger or do you think you will be ok?

Hard to say at this stage given that we have lost 2-1 to Spurs, 2-1 to Chelsea, 2-1 to Man City and 2-1 to Arsenal in the first 5 games. Still, that is 6 points less than last season so we are being pulled back to the pits of the league. We beat Chelsea and Arsenal at home last year and deserved to lose this year.  Those two have gone forward by a small margin but we have gone backwards. Compounded together that means defeat. It's worrying for sure.

We just can't attack so how are we going to get results? In the short term Muto has failed to replace Gayle instantly and Rondon is never fit enough to satisfy Rafa. 

Then we are without Shelvey and our wingers are in and out of fitness and form.

You get relegated on fine margins so it's possible but panic next week not today :ph34r:

I know everybody likes a fairy tale and an underdog but the sooner these shit teams like Huddersfield, Watford and Bournemouth get relegated the better this league will become. Another absolute dog shit performance by Huddersfield where they have a game plan to just take Zaha out. Some of the studs up tackle were quite frankly a disgrace and for the FIFTH game in a row we had a referee who is quite clearly not fit for purpose. A flimsy, pathetic wimp of a man that these shit teams prey on because theyre too nervous to make a decision. It speaks volumes about Zaha's character that a moment of brilliance from him won us the game.

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I know everybody likes a fairy tale and an underdog but the sooner these shit teams like Huddersfield, Watford and Bournemouth get relegated the better this league will become. Another absolute dog shit performance by Huddersfield where they have a game plan to just take Zaha out. Some of the studs up tackle were quite frankly a disgrace and for the FIFTH game in a row we had a referee who is quite clearly not fit for purpose. A flimsy, pathetic wimp of a man that these shit teams prey on because theyre too nervous to make a decision. It speaks volumes about Zaha's character that a moment of brilliance from him won us the game.

You realise you're a Palace fan right? You've offered less entertainment the last few years than all of them just by being the basement boys.

• Subscriber

Watched the Morgan red card back again. While it's probably inadvertently done us a favour it's one of the most ridiculous red cards I've ever seen. The first is an absolute joke, six of one and half a dozen of the other, they're both fouling each other. The second is just never ever a yellow. I don't even think he should've been booked let alone sent off.

Craig Pawson - absolutely utterly useless excuse of a referee. Get the twat in the sea.

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

You realise you're a Palace fan right? You've offered less entertainment the last few years than all of them just by being the basement boys.

I'd like to know what you defy as entertainment. I'd argue that our comeback under Pulis to finish 11th, the comeback under Pardew to finish 10th, the football we've played with Yannick and Wilf on the flanks, our journey to the FA Cup final, and the comeback under Roy Hodgson last year have caused great entertainment. We play an encouraging brand of football these days too, even with a lump like Benteke up top.

I remember you saying something similar this time last year about us being the most pointless team in the league. That worked out well.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'd like to know what you defy as entertainment. I'd argue that our comeback under Pulis to finish 11th, the comeback under Pardew to finish 10th, the football we've played with Yannick and Wilf on the flanks, our journey to the FA Cup final, and the comeback under Roy Hodgson last year have caused great entertainment. We play an encouraging brand of football these days too, even with a lump like Benteke up top.

I remember you saying something similar this time last year about us being the most pointless team in the league. That worked out well.

Being shit for half a season every season is not entertaining. You're the same bracket of club the likes of Bournemouth, Watford and Huddersfield are, you're just getting large because Zaha has scored a few this season.

Just now, Danny said:

Being shit for half a season every season is not entertaining. You're the same bracket of club the likes of Bournemouth, Watford and Huddersfield are, you're just getting large because Zaha has scored a few this season.

It depends on what you define as entertaining. We've had plenty of great moments over the last five years. Supporting this club through this journey has been very enjoyable and I am sure it will continue.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It depends on what you define as entertaining. We've had plenty of great moments over the last five years. Supporting this club through this journey has been very enjoyable and I am sure it will continue.

I'm sure it is very enjoyable, I imagine Watford, Bournemouth and especially Huddersfield fans are also enjoying it.

You've been a version of Stoke City with the managers you've employed, Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce, De Boer...a complete mess up until Hodgson came in. Again no better than Watford or Huddersfield, definitely not better than Bournemouth. They are your current level.

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm sure it is very enjoyable, I imagine Watford, Bournemouth and especially Huddersfield fans are also enjoying it.

You've been a version of Stoke City with the managers you've employed, Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce, De Boer...a complete mess up until Hodgson came in. Again no better than Watford or Huddersfield, definitely not better than Bournemouth. They are your current level.

My initial point was those three teams I mentioned rely on shitty behaviour constantly. Regardless of if there points total is similar to ourselves, the league would be better off without them all. I'd rather have Leeds, Brentford, Bristol City etc replace them every day of the week.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

My initial point was those three teams I mentioned rely on shitty behaviour constantly. Regardless of if there points total is similar to ourselves, the league would be better off without them all. I'd rather have Leeds, Brentford, Bristol City etc replace them every day of the week.

Well that's just common sense 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Stan said:

Sorry but Palace are a far better entity than Huddersfield xD xD

This. I quite like Palace so I'll throw in West Ham to this list as I don't have much time for them to prove I'm being impartial. For me, there's the top six, Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle, Crystal Palace who clearly bring something different to the league, even if it's only geographically. Regardless of how I feel about those clubs on their own, from the perspective of the league I wouldn't want to see any of those go down again.

On a separate list of teams I'd like to see stay up for a few years and see if they can establish themselves like those I've mentioned above, I have Wolves, Fulham, Brighton, and I'm undecided on Huddersfield and Cardiff at the moment because while I have nothing against them they aren't bringing much to the table.

The remainder of sides, Watford, Southampton, Bournemouth, I'm a bit like meh, could take or leave them.

@Dan @Stan

A number of Leicester players were angered at the club's decision to drive to Bournemouth on Friday afternoon instead of flying, Sky Sports News has learned.

The Foxes suffered their heaviest defeat since April at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday, succumbing to a 4-2 defeat.

The 170-mile journey to the south coast took over five hours, with the team coach having to battle through rush-hour traffic.

Archived