talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

The handling of Ozil from Emery and Arteta has been shambolic and I just can’t  see him leaving now. 

Offering Aubameyang a new contract is fair enough, he’s world class but your club are fucking idiots if you hand Willian a big contract. He’s not gonna elevate your team. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, shut up said:

Don't want either but rather willian as he's an intelligent team player who will understand and follow coaches instructions straight away.

Coutinho is as thick as mince, who just relies on his individual brilliance to win games. He's basically the midfield version of walcott in terms of football IQ. 

Team player? Yes. Intelligent....eh not so much. Willian plays hard, runs fast, dribbles, tackles, makes incredible runs, but it always ends up with him shooting the ball directly at the keeper’s chest. He had have a 100 goals if he could have sorted that out, he does it at least twice a game.

reading this shit is funny xD

So Arsenal would be better passing on a player that was sold for a massive fee because he was brilliant in the premier league, who did ok for Barcelona but was not used properly because they havent a clue anymore, and was pretty good at Bayern Munich.... to sign a player that Chelsea are struggling to get rid of on a free? xD

Couldn't make it up!!

41 minutes ago, shut up said:

Chelsea are desperately trying to keep Willian xD

Have a quick look at Coutinho's numbers compared to Willian's .... Coutinho for Barcelona (where he barely got a chance or played in an alien position) got more goals and assists than Willian has ever got in a season. Look at Coutinho's stats whilst playing in the premier league. Absolutely pisses all over Willian's. 

And you think Willian is the better player xD

Its not even worth talking to you xD

11 hours ago, shut up said:

He'll be under the guidance of a top coach at Arsenal. He'll know what he is supposed to do and nothing more. He'll be a work horse for us and that's it. He's not required to score goals in a team that has Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe. 

Pepe who scored 5 goals this season?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Pepe who scored 5 goals this season?

And Lacazette who's only got 10 as well. That's quite poor for a striker.

Signing Willian isn't a 'work-horse' kind of signing. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

And Lacazette who's only got 10 as well. That's quite poor for a striker.

Signing Willian isn't a 'work-horse' kind of signing. 

Yeah, I think Lacazette is more in and out of the side isn't he but you can't make out like they're a side that hasn't struggled for goals

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, shut up said:

More than Firmino xD 

Firmino is that work-horse though in the Liverpool side and actually helps provide for his teammates so what's your point? He isn't known for getting the goals, is he?

What exactly does Lacazette offer to Arsenal? He's like a 2nd-rate Lukaku when he was at Man Utd.

When you compare Lacazette and Firmino, I know which one I'd want in my team.

Since Lacazette joined, he's scored 37 (10 in 19/20, 13 in 18/19, 14 in 17/18) in 92 league games. Firmino has 36 (9 in 19/20, 12 in 18/19, 15 in 17/18) in 109 league games.

So yeah, he's managed to outscore Firmino (who's not known for goals) by one goal in the last 2 seasons. Go Laca!!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, shut up said:

he's a workhorse in this Arsenal side that provides for his team mates by dropping deep and linking up play. Try watching Arsenal play instead of getting your opinions from the sun newspaper. 

He doesn't do it very well. I do watch Arsenal play. He's not great. If you're relying on him to provide for teammates maybe that's why you've not scored that many this season. Arsenal used to be renowned for blitzing teams away and playing exciting football. Barely see that these days. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, shut up said:

he's been fucking class since Arteta has come in and is the hardest working player in the side by a mile. he sets the tempo from the front.

stick to cricket lad cos you know fuck all about football

xD okay. Seemed to have touched a nerve there today but thanks for a great conversation. Enjoy jizzing over Laca. 

• Administrator
Just now, shut up said:

I won't be jizzing over him, but won't let dorks who don't watch him play tell me what his role in the team is and how good he is. ;)

Anyway, I think there is a chance Lacazette won't be here next season. 

Dorks xD What is this year 5?

I think you're better off finding someone better than Lacazette even if it is to do the current role you see him doing. Willian isn't that player if you want that 'work-horse' though, surely. 

52 minutes ago, shut up said:

I have had a quick look and Willian got 9 premier league goals and 7 assists this season. that's the same as your starting number 9 Firmino xD. Coutinho has got 8 goals for Bayern and 5 assists, playing in the best side in the league. he also only got 5 La Liga goals the season before for Barca :rofl: 

you're right, you're not worth talking to xD

How many games did each player play? 

Seriously, give it up. If you think Willian is better than Coutinho then fair enough. 

Willian is clearly the better option for us as a club right now. Why the fuck would we bother wasting our time with Coutinho when it's going to be at best a loan? Not to mention he flopped massively at his dream club and has been discarded by another top club in the space of 12 months. Would he really come to Arsenal with any sort of motivation to play for the club? He is also a player that needs to be accomadated to succeed, which would be a complete waste of resources considering he'll be here for one season! I'll say this though and we will probably end up signing him... 

Also I'm not by any means saying Willian is an outstanding signing, but it makes sense. The way I see it 3 of our most talented youngsters in Saka, Nelson and Martinelli are forwards or can play those roles. Having Willian's experience is a big bonus and means we are not relying on teenagers whilst not blocking their routes to the first XI. Hopefully in around 2 years time when Willian is finished with us we'll have 3 player all in their early 20s who will be good enough to start every week. 

5 minutes ago, shut up said:

Willian said NO to Chelsea's £140k a week contract to play for Arsenal's 100k a week.

We're massive. Deal with it. B|

Haha Arsenal are mugs,  where have all your players gone? Ozil still milking you!

deal with that. :hh:

1 minute ago, shut up said:

on holiday, after celebrating the FA Cup B|:450_trophy:

Good achievement to be honest. Arsenal will not finish in the top 4 for years to come unless your current owners sell up, let's be honest. Absolute miles behind City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd, whilst sacking staff to save money xD

18 minutes ago, shut up said:

Willian said NO to Chelsea's £140k a week contract to play for Arsenal's 100k a week.

We're massive. Deal with it. B|

Erm, we are only offering Willian £13,440,000 for two years whilst you are offering him £14,400,000 for three years with an option to extend. I wouldn't be bragging. 

All for a player who averages 5 goals a season from open play. You've become a retirement home for us. Benayoun, Cech, Luiz and now Willian xD

15 minutes ago, shut up said:

Willian is one of your key players and a first XI player every week. We've taken him from you. B| image.thumb.png.30ee95f015098bd5765504467c54fef7.png

image.thumb.png.8df7c946682bc95be16b2611ad058266.png

And we're bringing in Havertz and Ziyech to replace him. Oh deary me how will we cope with the loss of Mr. I average 5 goals a season from open play Willian 

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

Willian is better than both the players you have just mentioned. xD

Havertz in particular looks a superb talent, i'd be surprised if he isn't a success in England. Not as familiar with Ziyech, and always a bit hard to tell with the Dutch League. Some massive success stories but some big failures too.

6 minutes ago, shut up said:

Willian is better than both the players you have just mentioned. xD

Just now, shut up said:

looks talented but isn't on Willian's level now. maybe in a couple of years time.

d9f188564e87d9af1638eb581fa0bc0b.gif

It's all relative. Arsenal and Chelsea are aiming for different things next season, Arsenal need to take the step up to get top 4 and Chelsea need to take the step up to be in the title battle. Willian works as very experienced, good premier league player, I think it will be a good signing. Likewise I don't think it's a massive loss for Chelsea, some transfers can work for all involved.

• The title was changed to Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

Archived