Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester - Wednesday 30th January, 2019

Kick-off 20.00

Live on BT Sport

155.png     VS     image.png

Head to Head
Leicester 1-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 2-1 Leicester
Leicester 2-3 Liverpool
Leicester 2-0 Liverpool (EFL Cup)
Leicester 1-2 Liverpool (Friendly)

Recent Form:
Liverpool - WWLLW
Leicester - LLLWL

We're gonna get the biggest pumping in a football match in the history of the Premier League if we defend like we did against Wolves.

Bleeeeergh

Could really do with one of Leicester’s weird performances where they beat a top team but I can’t see it. 

A smashing and then Puel to be sacked is far more likely.

• Upvote 1

Possible return of Gini and, VVD and Fabinho cleared for the game so it should be very interesting as I don't think we've ever run away with a game against Leicester. What is working in our favour is that its at home and that in itself is a huge bonus. 

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Possible return of Gini and, VVD and Fabinho cleared for the game so it should be very interesting as I don't think we've ever run away with a game against Leicester. What is working in our favour is that its at home and that in itself is a huge bonus. 

As it stands, Fabinho is doubtful isn't he? Gives us a problem at right back if he's not fit

Hearing Matip is fit. Don't know about Lovren. If the Croatian is fit, and Fabinho isn't, then I expect Matip at RB. Or it will be Camacho. 

Have got my fears that we're about to hit a serious slump. We've lost our last three, to Newport, 10 man Southampton and then that deflating loss at Wolves, with this, Manchester United and Spurs to follow - and even after that it's Palace who've beaten us 9-0 over 3 games under Puel. We're in danger of tumbling I think.

The reaction to the Newport loss has been appalling. Puel's gotten very defensive of criticism lately, and while he raises some valid points you do get the feeling these are pleas for time.

Think Liverpool will ultimately have too much for us. They know how to start well and we're the worst starters in the entire division - the worst record in the league in the first 15 minutes and only Cardiff have fallen 1-0 down more frequently than we have.

Expect Liverpool to go 2-0 up, us to get one back and some doubts creep in, but Liverpool seal it at the end. 3-1 to Liverpool.

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

That is not good news at all. I thought he was cleared and so was Fabinho. The only one that is out without any doubt is TAA.

Apparently fell sick after the trip to Dubai. But he played against Wolves(correct me if I am wrong) with a slight fever. So hopefully, he will make it against Leicester. A half fit Van Dijk is a much much better option than our other defenders. 

• Upvote 1

Aww, look at you worrying about your defence when you're about to play a side that usually finds it difficult to create chances xD

Jesus Christ, we are being totally fucked by injuries

• Haha 1

Any clues about Van Dijk starting? I need to know or else my fantasy team is fucked in the arse.

11 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Any clues about Van Dijk starting? I need to know or else my fantasy team is fucked in the arse.

I would say yes going by Klopp's press conference today

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

All positive news from that and the presser today so I think we'll be fielding a good defensive line for the game.

On 28/01/2019 at 19:00, IgnisExcubitor said:

Hearing Matip is fit. Don't know about Lovren. If the Croatian is fit, and Fabinho isn't, then I expect Matip at RB. Or it will be Camacho. 

I'd rather watch Joel Matip shag my missus up the arse than watch him play right back for Liverpool

• Haha 1

Won't be easy this and based on yesterday's games this is a big chance to afford us some cushion when the CL starts up again. I think we'll win here but it won't be as easy as the opposition fans are claiming haha.

2-1 seems to be a popular scoreline in this fixture so I'll go for a 2-1 Liverpool win.

Wijnaldum or Henderson right back? 

Where's Milner?? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Where's Milner?? 

Suspended

Well this will be interesting 😂

Mane, Salah and Firmino will be too good for our defence, sadly.

Nicely said from Klopp in the programme about the recent events with Sala and also what happened in October.

Boils my piss that Steve McManaman is such a massive homer for us but still gets Gini Wijnaldum's name wrong