talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Claude Puel Sacked by Leicester; Brendan Rodgers Hired

• Administrator
On 21/02/2019 at 09:40, The Artful Dodger said:

No, I'm fairly belligerent but would like to be less so

Might want to heed your own advice and lighten up a bit every now and then. Not everything has to be so negative. It's not you against the world in every little thing xD 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

How is it even sneering, anyway? 

Calling something embarrassing isn't 'sneering' xD. I don't disagree they're a larger club either. Doesn't mean I can't find stuff their fans do embarrassing. Who made you the moral arbiter of anything anyway xD?!

As for you calling me dull. Pot kettle black there I'd say. Not to mention one of the most miserable people I've ever had to experience.

How is mocking some matchgoing fans because they're angry about how their manager left anything but sneering? 

I don't claim to to be the arbiter of anything, but this is a forum and I'll air my opinion as I see fit. 

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

How is mocking some matchgoing fans because they're angry about how their manager left anything but sneering? 

I don't claim to to be the arbiter of anything, but this is a forum and I'll air my opinion as I see fit. 

Likewise. 

I find the fact they've taken to producing a banner embarrassing and bitter. Not sure why that upsets you so much.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

They're laughably bitter. Too right I'll sneer.

Just because you've been the beneficiary on this occasion doesn't mean you can't see it from their point of view. Rodgers has undoubtedly done a decent job there (thought you can argue he failed at doing what they really wanted) but dropping them at this point of the season is off. Rodgers made a big thing of his Irish connection to Celtic when he came so I think they have every right to feel aggrieved.

I'm surprised he hasn't come out and said anything to Celtic fans either. He wrote a letter for Swansea fans when he left, understandably to Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

'always a fraud'.

They were begging him to stay and butthurt that he left them, now they're calling him a fraud. If he was 'always' a fraud, that would mean he was one when he joined a few years ago, too...

Do you have some sort of problem with Leicester fans xD? Seems you've taken umbrage to a lot of stuff said by me or @Dan recently. Weirdly. 

Didn't know there was a list of clubs certain fans could or couldn't 'sneer' at, either.

If he made consistent statements of a certain nature when he came to the club which have all been thoroughly disproven by his recent actions, then it seems quite straightforward that his behaviour has been fraudulent since coming here.

If he had come here and just done the job without any of the self-aggrandising or the fan-pleasing muck then nobody would be saying these things rn.

But stuff like saying how big a fan you are, and even more blatant lies like Rangers fans pulling over to thank you in your first season, hamming-up your admiration for Tommy Burns, made-up conversations with Danny McGrain, it all points to a habitual liar and narcissist. 

If you're just excited about your club's latest plaything and that buzz makes the next season seem a little exciting for a change, then power to you, but if you're choosing a man to stake your pride and trust as a fan in, then your attachment is misplaced.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

If you're just excited about your club's latest plaything and that buzz makes the next season seem a little exciting for a change, then power to you

After experiencing Puel and the football he had us playing, it really is a breath of fresh air to be honest. Actually feels like it's exciting to go to home games now given what we could expect to see on the pitch.

football forum
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

After experiencing Puel and the football he had us playing, it really is a breath of fresh air to be honest. Actually feels like it's exciting to go to home games now given what we could expect to see on the pitch.

Puel must be shit if you think that about Rodgers. 

Agree with inverted and artful dodger. Celtic gripes are legit. If you have someone come in and big up how they're one of you at heart, then they walk away for more money they have betrayed and demeaned the identity of the club. To ostracize him is an essential part of upholding a club identity and warding off frauds.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

Brilliant and embarrassing at the same time xD 

Pathetic. 

He's done a brilliant job there and has now left for a better job and a fresh, new challenge and a bit of actual competition. 

4 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Pathetic. 

He's done a brilliant job there and has now left for a better job and a fresh, new challenge and a bit of actual competition

He left with us 5 points ahead in the league, one night before a fixture we recently lost 4-0. 

9 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Agree with inverted and artful dodger. Celtic gripes are legit. If you have someone come in and big up how they're one of you at heart, then they walk away for more money they have betrayed and demeaned the identity of the club. To ostracize him is an essential part of upholding a club identity and warding off frauds.

He’s walked into a better job. Money will be an influence but even their greatest in my lifetime, Henrik Larrsson bounced for more money at Barca. 

Celtic are a massive club with worldwide support but play in a below mediocre league. If Celtic were a Premier League club and he’d chose this move, yeah, fair enough, he’s gone for the money but they’re a big fish in a small pond and there’s only so long you can do that for as a player or manager before ambition dictates you need a new challenge. 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Large said:

Is there one with subtitles? O.o

'I hope you die in your sleep Brendan Rodgers with a bullet from the IRA' 

Classy Celtic fans. 

Don't say anything bad about them though otherwise you're 'sneering' at them. 

I think we can all agree here that Rodgers has gone from a huge club in a tinpot league to a tinpot club in a huge league. Whether it's a step forwards, backwards or sideways is somewhat debatable but we can all agree his move when he did the way he did is scummy, shows no 'character' and if history tells us anything about Leicester or making a move to a premier league club it's that Rodgers will likely die in some form of airborne disaster anyways. RIP. 

9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think we can all agree here that Rodgers has gone from a huge club in a tinpot league to a tinpot club in a huge league. Whether it's a step forwards, backwards or sideways is somewhat debatable but we can all agree his move when he did the way he did is scummy, shows no 'character' and if history tells us anything about Leicester or making a move to a premier league club it's that Rodgers will likely die in some form of airborne disaster anyways. RIP. 

You started off well, making a decent point and then you’ve turned it into a pretty disgusting “joke”. Weird that you find death and tragedy funny. 

Honestly, not as weird as certain posters taking the day off because some football legend died or the like.

A club owner and footballer who's names I can't even remember, who I'd never really heard of who made 0 impact to my life all the way on the other side of the world died in accidents I didn't witness. Why would I have a single fuck to give either of them? I'm not laughing AT their deaths per say, just making light of them. People who get rattled when strangers die are alien to me.

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Honestly, not as weird as certain posters taking the day off because some football legend died or the like.

A club owner and footballer who's names I can't even remember, who I'd never really heard of who made 0 impact to my life all the way on the other side of the world died in accidents I didn't witness. Why would I have a single fuck to give either of them? I'm not laughing AT their deaths per say, just making light of them. People who get rattled when strangers die are alien to me.

I mean, you could have said, he’ll relegate Leicester, because that’s happened in their history. You could have said he’ll lead them to a League Cup Final win, something that’s happened in their history. You could have said he’ll lead them to an unexpected league title, because that’s happened in their history. 

Instead you chose to be a dickhead.

Archived