The better place to talk football.

Championship 2018/19 Play-offs

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Ha! Get fucked Holgate

I don't know what that music is West Brom were playing, but god it's annoying. They deserve to stay down for that alone.

it's what Chelsea play. The Liquidator I think it's called.

• Administrator

Abraham just about getting Villa in to the finals there!

Villa made hard work of that victory overall, not just the penalties.

West Brom will kick themselves. Had that game in the palm of their hand and indiscipline has cost them. Looked to be one winner second half whilst they were on top.

Not sure what to make of Villa really. I thought they would breeze this tie over two legs and they have done it by the skin of their teeth.

West Brom nullified them really well after going down to 10 men, but you're never going through on pens with 4 defenders taking them.

If we go through tomorrow, then I think we'd give a decent fist of it at least. And i'd like to think they have used up all their luck over the two legs. We'll see though.

But no doubt they will be favourites. They have the offensive players, McGinn is a lovely player on the ball, better than Grealish in my honest opinion. And Mings is a rock for them.

They have every right to be confident.

12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Fucking ecstatic I’m in the bar with mostly Borough & Forrest fans wishing me well saying “fuck dirty Leeds” 

I bet they wish they received the same attention. Jealousy at it's finest.

Another motivation for us to stick it to the Football League. 

Now, if only we didn't have history of being one of the biggest bottle jobs in Sport....

6 hours ago, Dan said:

I feel a bit for West Brom. Their season turned into death by a thousand cuts.

They have developed a massive hatred for us even though were in the championship and they were doing ok in the Premier League it’s always “shit on the villa” bizarre obsession really. They were celebrating taking Johnstone from un the summer as we had no money, they’re going to get it back on them now I think. Financially this fucks them very hard as the Chinese can’t get money out of China and without the TV money these clubs struggle. 

Really have no idea how tonight is going to go. We are naturals at fluffing it on the big stage and this is a big stage game.

I believe there is a stat that no team that's lost the home leg of a tie has overturned the tie away in the playoffs. That'll be vintage Leeds then.

Also, we've beaten Derby pretty comfortably and are 3 out of 3 this season against them. So you just know they will find a way to squeak past us tonight and go through.

Fed up talking about players we lose through to injury. It's ridiculous and yet we still keep chugging on.

Losing Roofe is the latest blow as he's ruined Derby this season. I dont think Bamford suits the way we play but he owes us big time now. What better way than against his old club.

Look out for Jamie Shackleton tonight. Came on after 20mins Saturday for the injured Forshaw and was supurb. He should start tonight and looks another great prospect from the academy.

One things for sure, it was bouncing at The Hawthorns last night, fair play. But tonight will be like a bear pit, especially if we can score early.

Need to take the game to them as we normally would and wipe out any hope they have. Time for us to be clinical.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Dan said:

I feel a bit for West Brom. Their season turned into death by a thousand cuts.

Us taking Barnes off them in January really fucked them over for a bit.

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

@Lucas - how are you doing...? 

Nervous. 

Just for once in our life, I'd like a relatively comfortable win without banging my head against a brick wall and my ass twitching for the whole 90.

Early goal for us to settle the nerves please.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived