talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Big Middle Eastern Thread

football forum

13 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Yeah Governmens don't always tell the truth and the photos of the weapons of mass destruction is a perfect example. But you have to go with the percentages and the history,  Hamas has no history of telling the truth, Israel does.  Nobody is saying the israeli Government always tells the truth, they will tell lies as well, but I trust their record of telling the truth more than I do Hamas 

I'd actually tend to trust neither side in a war. Unfortunately independant unbiased reports are hard to get.

• Upvote 3

Just saw footage where people in Gaza were catching fish to survive, and that video was uploaded online. And shortly after, Israel bombed the entire beach. Like what the fuck. Did they suspect Hamas under those fishing boats? 

Edit: Although I'm not sure if it was real or if I have just seen propaganda. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tommy said:

Edit: Although I'm not sure if it was real or if I have just seen propaganda. 

It's hard to say. But those who choose sides only believe what they want, while they brush off anything they wish to not believe. 

Really, the right and far left are just using this to fuel their political agenda and create even more divide in the country.

You won't see the far left protesting about Sudan, Myanmar or any other country where there is currently a civil war going on as it doesn't suit their political agenda. There is nobody to bait up by doing so.

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

You won't see the far left protesting about Sudan, Myanmar or any other country where there is currently a civil war going on as it doesn't suit their political agenda. There is nobody to bait up by doing so.

If they were wars that were being committed by countries that are allies and those wars were openly supported and defended by our government while also being cheered on by prominent racists wanting to see more death, and it was a situation that was going on for decades, then you might have comparable situations.

In terms of if there should be more coverage of fucked up wars going on around the world then I agree. Yemen, Syria, and even Ukraine seem to have all moved into the background.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Another reason why IDF propaganda shouldn't be trusted... 

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-11-14/idf-shows-alleged-hamas-tunnels-under-childrens-hospital-is-it-accurate

That video posted by Hagari the other day had so many flaws he must think the general global public are stupid. 

The posted a picture of a calender with apparent names on it of people whose turn it was to look after the hostages. They were obviously hoping no one would be able to translate Arabic because as it turned out, the names on the calendar were Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Other examples which are more horrific is them helping out elderly people for a PR photo and then that elderly person being found dead straight after. Them showing themselves getting ready to deliver incubators to hospitals when the issue isn't the lack of incubators but the fact there isn't power for incubators because Israel shut the power off.

All their propaganda is being exposed and clowned but not much mention of that on mainstream news.

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The posted a picture of a calender with apparent names on it of people whose turn it was to look after the hostages. They were obviously hoping no one would be able to translate Arabic because as it turned out, the names on the calendar were Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Other examples which are more horrific is them helping out elderly people for a PR photo and then that elderly person being found dead straight after. Them showing themselves getting ready to deliver incubators to hospitals when the issue isn't the lack of incubators but the fact there isn't power for incubators because Israel shut the power off.

All their propaganda is being exposed and clowned but not much mention of that on mainstream news.

The only thing I've seen close to anything 'anti-Israel' is BBC running an article detailing how 'allies' are changing their tone about the war. Nothing too risky or damning. It's all a bit plain.

• Upvote 1

On 13/11/2023 at 09:30, Beelzebub said:

The constant references to bombing of Dresden as a justification for using brute force in Gaza will not convince majority of population with a conscious but it will certainly dent the dominant view of WWII as some sort of virtuous warfare. 

Yes, some of the excuses for the massacre of thousands of innocent women and children has been outrageous. Some people in the media have also really gone down in my estimation, with some of the views they've given.

• Upvote 1

The IDF embarrass themselves more and more with every video of "evidence" they post. Why not agree to having an independant organization join you in your investigations? 

I guess they're not trying to convince anyone capable of critical thought, only idiots and racists who want to see as much death as possible.

• Thanks 1

There is a lot of bad attempts at propaganda from Israel that's been exposed. What's funny is that on one hand they desperately want to be viewed as the good guys and on the other hand you have IDF terrorists recording videos of themselves being dickheads and making people hate them even more.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 6666 said:

There is a lot of bad attempts at propaganda from Israel that's been exposed. What's funny is that on one hand they desperately want to be viewed as the good guys and on the other hand you have IDF terrorists recording videos of themselves being dickheads and making people hate them even more.

Generally Israel and the Western media has been using the bullshit tactics for years. Last year when they attacked Gaza it was a real turning point. With soical media literally everything they said was being debunked. Last year in Gaza and this current situation in Gaza, they really have lost the so called propaganda war. They've used the media as their strongest tool for years but I feel with social media the tide has now turned. So many people who usally sit on the fence or even side with Israel have now gone against them. The video which Stan just posted above really is a first. For the BBC to say this against Israel, this is unheard off.

Who knows, in the future maybe Israel will use AI to brainwash the masses again.