• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Ousmane Dembélé - Several Clubs Linked

Recommended Posts

11-DEMBELE-JOC.jpg

So it seems the inevitable has come true if this morning's rumours in the Spanish media are to be believed.  Only last week Barcelona made a statement that Ousmane Dembélé wasn't for sale but many were asking themselves the question that if Barça are really interested in regaining Neymar (Dembélé was signed to replace Neymar) from PSG and that if it's for real that they're also planning on bringing in Antoine, Griezmann, then surely there would be a massive over-booking in the front line areas at the club...

Well this morning the two Barcelona based sports papers (Mundo Deportivo and SPORT) claim that Dembélé has indeed been transfer listed and that in fact Barça have had Bundesliga giant Bayern Munich contact them and already begin negotiations with Ousmane himself.

No transfer fee has been mentioned by the papers or any other deatils other than this piece of news that makes sense due to taking into consideration all of the other factors surrounding FC Barcelona at the moment.

Ousmane Dembélé arrived from Borussia Dortmund 2 years ago and has shown flashes of total brilliance but also innocence and at times lethargy on the playing field. There is no doubt from what's been seen that Dembélé has the capability to be one of the best players of his generation but his lack of discipline and his insular personality has caused him endless amounts of problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there’s been developments already which is testament to what some football pundits saying that this summer it shows that most of Europe’s top clubs have performed due diligence during the final months of last season and have their homework done (this excludes Arsenal of course).

Bayern Munich have already agreed personal terms with Ousmane Dembélé and are now already deep into negotiations with FC Barcelona.

Bayern have already placed an official transfer bid on the table which is supposedly €70m and Barça have refused the bid point blank. The rumours coming from within say that no bid under €130m as one single payment will be listened to and that if the transfer is to be paid in parts then they will be searching for €170m+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not offer this kid to PSG as part of the Neymar swap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Why not offer this kid to PSG as part of the Neymar swap?

All apparently he doesn’t want to go to PSG. The Parisian club have had enough history in recent years with indisciplined footballers to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how the club are looking to be making wholesale changes when it comes to personnel, yet that's not actually the problem. Fantastic squad and group of players, but they are playing in a style which is massively conservative and dull, so it doesn't always get the best from them.

It's like talk of Semedo leaving, what an utter joke. The lad is class and should be playing every single week. He does get plenty of minutes yes, but isn't guaranteed a start in the biggest of games and it's ridiculous when you consider how allrounded he is and how there aren't really any right backs out there who are more suited to the role. In a more attacking system he would be much more consistent and one of the best around in his position.

If Barcelona had a manager with the same mentality as Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp, then there would be no talk of some of these players leaving as they'd be shining brightly. Demebele, Arthur, Umtiti, Semedo....there should be no talk at all of these players leaving.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's funny how the club are looking to be making wholesale changes when it comes to personnel, yet that's not actually the problem. Fantastic squad and group of players, but they are playing in a style which is massively conservative and dull, so it doesn't always get the best from them.

It's like talk of Semedo leaving, what an utter joke. The lad is class and should be playing every single week. He does get plenty of minutes yes, but isn't guaranteed a start in the biggest of games and it's ridiculous when you consider how allrounded he is and how there aren't really any right backs out there who are more suited to the role. In a more attacking system he would be much more consistent and one of the best around in his position.

If Barcelona had a manager with the same mentality as Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp, then there would be no talk of some of these players leaving as they'd be shining brightly. Demebele, Arthur, Umtiti, Semedo....there should be no talk at all of these players leaving.

 

I agree with you on Semedo completely. On Dembélé I’m not so sure because yes 100% he is immensely talented, more talented than he even knows. In fact he is more naturally talented than Mbappé in my opinion because what Kylian possesses above Ousmane is a hellbent extremely powerful burst of speed which is what benefits him above every other player in taking advantage of situations. Dembélé has all the mechanisms technically to outperform practically everyone except for maybe Neymar because Messi isn’t comparable in that aspec to anything terrestrial.

But what lets Ousmane Dembélé down MASSIVELY is his lack of discipline, his insular character and also what seems to be an indifferent outlook on his future carrer. All of these negatives are too much for any club to take care of without the player wanting to sort it out and that takes too much time, time Barça aren’t blessed with. They need ready-to-go players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.ffc27698e0fdeb25a46c2271903ac187.png

Barcelona and France winger Ousmane Dembele, 22, wants to stay at Nou Camp this summer despite interest from some of Europe's top clubs, including Liverpool and Bayern Munich. (L'Equipe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dembele is the problem in modern football, a talented football but he has no intelligence whatsoever,  players like Depay, Pogba you will never see the best of them because of their own intelligence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bayern's president Uli Hoeneß said a few months ago "If only you knew the players we've already signed". And now it turns out that it was bullshit and they're actually struggling to convince players to sign for them xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dembélé returned to training yesterday off his own back over a week early. For a footballer who consistently arrived late for training last season and even faked being ill so as to miss training, this is a turn-up for the books and has left everyone with their mouths open. Is he sending a message?

Barcelona continue to listen to offers which are very big from a few clubs around Europe but the club aren't sure if they want to sell him yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Dembélé returned to training yesterday off his own back over a week early. For a footballer who consistently arrived late for training last season and even faked being ill so as to miss training, this is a turn-up for the books and has left everyone with their mouths open. Is he sending a message?

Barcelona continue to listen to offers which are very big from a few clubs around Europe but the club aren't sure if they want to sell him yet.

Yeah, that he realizes what a good thing he could have once the summer is over and he wants to stay. The real question is how long he keeps this up because its very hard to shake those kinds of habits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah, that he realizes what a good thing he could have once the summer is over and he wants to stay. The real question is how long he keeps this up because its very hard to shake those kinds of habits.

There are massive offers and Bayern a very serious in signing him but right now can't find the financing for the whole deal and that has been put on hold this week. There are also very big offers from the Premier League with PSG wanting to make a swap deal with Neymar one way and Dembélé the other...

Ousmane wants to stay, but I would say he may have burned to many bridges last season as he was warned time and time again with so many character issues mainly in the lethargy area.

I have to say that this kid is super talented... Some of the things he done last season before he got injured were just out of this world. It's the way he is character-wise that runs the risk of not letting something special materialise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There are massive offers and Bayern a very serious in signing him but right now can't find the financing for the whole deal and that has been put on hold this week. There are also very big offers from the Premier League with PSG wanting to make a swap deal with Neymar one way and Dembélé the other...

Ousmane wants to stay, but I would say he may have burned to many bridges last season as he was warned time and time again with so many character issues mainly in the lethargy area.

I have to say that this kid is super talented... Some of the things he done last season before he got injured were just out of this world. It's the way he is character-wise that runs the risk of not letting something special materialise.

 

I honestly can't believe we're in for him personally. He lacks all the traits that Klopp loves and thats discounting his skill. Someone like this would wind the manager up to the point of benching him and we've seen instances before where Klopp won't take this nonsense. 

Having said all that its a bit weird that he is doing this now and like you said he has character issues which will run against him so its probably best that Barcelona offload him. The real question is why are Bayern so keen on this kid, he seems proper PSG material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I honestly can't believe we're in for him personally. He lacks all the traits that Klopp loves and thats discounting his skill. Someone like this would wind the manager up to the point of benching him and we've seen instances before where Klopp won't take this nonsense. 

Having said all that its a bit weird that he is doing this now and like you said he has character issues which will run against him so its probably best that Barcelona offload him. The real question is why are Bayern so keen on this kid, he seems proper PSG material.

They know him in Germany and this includes Klopp too... It seems there are ways around getting to him and making him understand because I followed this case closely last season and posted quite a bit on the goings on at the time. The players got really close to him because another one of his issues is self-isolation with a very insular personality. The players were forcing him to attend get-togethers with the club employing a minder that would be with Dembélé most hours even at home.

All of that constituted in a big change in Dembélé's attitude and it showed in his football with amazing form and showing the natural talents he possesses. Later on he fell back into a few of his dodgy traits but not all and the news coming from within was that he was trying his best to fight those issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

img_mmontilla_20190717-104524_imagenes_m

This thread will officially have to run its course until the transfer window finally closes because in football you can never say never.

The news coming in from the Camp Nou is that the coaching team and the technical team at boardroom level have decided that Ousmane Dembélé and Nélson Semedo aren’t up for sale!

I won’t go into the Semedo story because this isn’t the thread and instead will concentrate on Dembélé who after leaving everyone at the club dumbfounded when he arrived almost two weeks early for pre-season training and nobody back from holidays at the club, Barça had to call in two coaches in early to train the player.

Since then he’s apparently been showing a commitment that has rarely been seen in him since he arrived at the club and has amazingly opened up with his teammates and is joining in the banter and jokes. The truth is that a big change was seen in him in the second half of last season before he got injured again and the progress has been positive in all areas.

Everyone in football is aware of his immense talent but the questions have always been character and psychologically based as not every player can take the demands of the highest end of football. But this summer has really changed everything where Ousmane is concerned and right now unless in the now very unlikely event that Neymar were to arrive which would surely see Dembélé himself have to take action and decide his future, he looks to be staying and the truth is that he adds a much needed direct and explosive approach to Barcelona’s game. It’s that diversity in a squad that makes the difference and his injury in the Champions League semi-final against Liverpool was very telling indeed, a massive blow!

Bayern Munich’s interest has been well documented and formal talks between both clubs have taken place this summer with even a formal offer having been placed on the table which Barça refused instantly. It was Bayern’s haggling which probably saved Dembélé’s Barça career because had the offer been a bit better right now the France international would now be playing his football at the Allianz Arena.

So as of now, it’s all about what happens in the saga revolving Neymar at Paris Saint-Germain and the Barça interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Barca's going to sign Neymar this window, personally. I'm not basing that on anything other than that's just what I feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll tell you what happened.

"Agent": "Hey Ousmane"
"OD": "Yes?"
"Agent": "You're from France right?"
"OD": "Oui. And?"
"Agent": "I have an offer from this club in France called PS.. Where did Ousmane go?"

Some time later over Barcelona

m15_stunt_still_h_15.jpg

"OD": "Drop me right on top of the training ground please"

No one wants to go to PSG unless they've been drugged and forced to sign. This kid saw what might happen and straightened up sharpish.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement