talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal - Saturday 24th August, 2019

football forums

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good performance that. First half we had the majority of the ball, just couldnt take the chances. Second half we completely slapped them. 

Like Gonzo said, it's annoying they scored cause they were shite. 

Ultimately we didn't take either of our two fantastic chances and Liverpool made us pay. Shame after defending so well we conceded two shoddy goals either side of half time and Liverpool put us to the sword. 

Didn't expect a result and its not these sort of games we should be looking to for points. Think there is still a lot to look forward to although it was a frustrating watch today. 

• Subscriber

Do people actually think Arsenal improved here compared to their other Liverpool batterings? Pepe's pace was a threat but they generally weren't good playing the ball out. Clogging up the centre of the pitch defensively only works if Liverpool spent 90 minutes not connecting to a single cross, not a likely outcome when they have Robertson and Alexander-Arnold in those positions. David Luiz's defending was suicidal and I don't see why anyone has said it's smart business to get him on the cheap. He's 31 and exactly the type of streaky, erratic centre half they've had in the past decade that have contributed to Arsenal becoming the type of side who are relatively relieved to only lose 3-1 to Liverpool when they used to compete for titles.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Do people actually think Arsenal improved here compared to their other Liverpool batterings? Pepe's pace was a threat but they generally weren't good playing the ball out. Clogging up the centre of the pitch defensively only works if Liverpool spent 90 minutes not connecting to a single cross, not a likely outcome when they have Robertson and Alexander-Arnold in those positions. David Luiz's defending was suicidal and I don't see why anyone has said it's smart business to get him on the cheap. He's 31 and exactly the type of streaky, erratic centre half they've had in the past decade that have contributed to Arsenal becoming the type of side who are relatively relieved to only lose 3-1 to Liverpool when they used to compete for titles.

No, I'm not buying into this "Arsenal performed okay" bullshit I'm seeing on Sky. They were bloody awful second half, completely flapping and all over the place. Looked like the same old Arsenal to me. 

I was completely wrong about Luiz, he's only going to show his bad side in this team.

Archived