The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter 2019/20

football forum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Wouldn't exactly say being a gloryhunter of Scunthorpe, Carlisle or Grimsby did turn out to be a advantage for me, look at the table .

You're the anomaly. You have the lowest win ratio. Congratulations!

• Subscriber

Ahh, the beauty of a cup competition. A few of you have moved teams and in some cases, leagues.

@Storts keeps up the winning run with an emphatic 4-0 win over Gillingham. Will he be caught?
Meanwhile, @Rucksackfranzose's luck still isn't in with another loss and moves onto their sixth team. @Bluewolf also loses and moves onto their seventh team but does join @Teso dos Bichos and @Fairy In Boots at Portsmouth so maybe their luck is in? Probably not. 

Cicero 08/10 AFC Wimbledon 3 - 0 Leyton Orient Loss
Storts 08/10 Ipswich 4 - 0 Gillingham Win
Rucksackfranzose 08/10 Mansfield 1 - 2 (Pens) Crewe Loss
Bluewolf v Teso dos Bichos & Fairy in Boots 08/10 Oxford 2 - 3 Portsmouth All now Portsmouth
Deadlinesman 08/10 Wycombe 0 - 1 Stevenage Loss

Stick
@Storts stays with Ipswich
@Fairy In Boots & @Teso dos Bichos stay with Portsmouth

Twists
@Cicero moves from Leyton Orient to AFC Wimbledon
@Rucksackfranzose moves from Mansfield to Crewe
@Bluewolf moves from Oxford to Portsmouth
@DeadLinesman moves from Wycombe to Stevenage

Table

Teams P W D L GF GA GD Pts Win Ratio
1 Storts 1 7 6 1 0 14 1 13 19 85.71%
2 Teso dos Bichos 4 9 4 2 3 18 13 5 14 44.44%
3 RandoEFC 2 7 4 2 1 9 7 2 14 57.14%
4 Stan 3 7 3 2 2 19 8 11 11 42.86%
5 Fairy in Boots 4 8 3 2 3 16 12 4 11 37.50%
6 Cicero 4 8 3 2 3 8 10 -2 11 37.50%
7 nudge 3 7 3 2 2 11 14 -3 11 42.86%
8 Stick with Azeem 1 6 2 4 0 11 6 5 10 33.33%
9 Londonerlilie 2 7 2 4 1 10 9 1 10 28.57%
10 Dr. Gonzo 4 7 3 1 3 7 8 -1 10 42.86%
11 Deadlinesman 3 7 2 3 2 10 8 2 9 28.57%
12 LFCMadLad 2 6 2 3 1 9 8 1 9 33.33%
13 Tommy 3 5 3 0 3 11 10 1 9 60.00%
14 Mel81x 4 5 3 0 3 12 12 0 9 60.00%
15 Pyfish 5 7 3 0 4 8 10 -2 9 42.86%
16 Eco 4 8 2 3 3 6 9 -3 9 25.00%
17 Batard 6 9 2 2 5 12 17 -5 8 22.22%
18 CaaC (John) 3 5 2 1 2 9 7 2 7 40.00%
19 Dan 3 5 2 1 2 6 6 0 7 40.00%
20 Bluewolf 7 9 2 1 6 9 15 -6 7 22.22%
21 Toinho 6 7 2 0 5 5 10 -5 6 28.57%
22 Rucksackfranzose 6 8 1 2 5 7 11 -4 5 12.50%
23 Smiley Culture 4 4 1 0 3 4 6 -2 3 25.00%

I will update the next fixtures soon!

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This game sucks cock.... 

Speak for yourself :x the irony xD if it finished this way, I would be a happy man. LMS and now this are two of my favourite things about this site, especially when it has no problem filling up with participants even those who have a game/prediction of the their own to run. If you only want to run one but fail to participate on the other ones just because you don't run it shows you dont do it for the activity or fun, it's more about yourself . :what:

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Speak for yourself

I thought I just did.... B|

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

if it finished this way, I would be a happy man. LMS and now this are two of my favourite things about this site, especially when it has no problem filling up with participants even those who have a game/prediction of the their own to run. If you only want to run one but fail to participate on the other ones just because you don't run it shows you dont do it for the activity or fun, it's more about yourself . :what:

Not really sure what this is all about... xD

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Speak for yourself :x the irony xD if it finished this way, I would be a happy man. LMS and now this are two of my favourite things about this site, especially when it has no problem filling up with participants even those who have a game/prediction of the their own to run. If you only want to run one but fail to participate on the other ones just because you don't run it shows you dont do it for the activity or fun, it's more about yourself . :what:

Did you stop participating in the World Prediction League because you weren't doing good xD ?!

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This game sucks cock.... 

Just realised you can't finish higher than 3rd as you're in with Teso & Fairy, and they're both above you in the league :D 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I am confused by this xD

I'm glad you're enjoying it though.

38 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This game sucks cock.... 

You are welcome.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just realised you can't finish higher than 3rd as you're in with Teso & Fairy, and they're both above you in the league :D 

Until the transfer window or whatever other twists I come up with!

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did you stop participating in the World Prediction League because you weren't doing good xD ?!

I decided to give others a chance at winning. I'm content with the LMS consistency of Teso and most importantly, calling out (storts and Cicero caught on) Mi hijito's hella obvious bluff(very first mafia I played and if I'm not mistaken the first one here. He still thinks it was just random and refuses to give me any credit. 

(I suck at weekly predictions.)I already have a hard time remembering to set my Tranmere, citeh, Swansea, RB Salzburg, and Barcelona sides twice a week... at least i tried at first though :P

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

You are welcome.

Don't take my comments in a negative way, I enjoy playing, just don't get much joy from playing badly.. xD

I always have a lot of time for people that put the time and effort in for such things hence the reason I play, for better or for worse.. 

5 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I am confused by this xD

You are welcome.

Rando, batard, and stan have no problem participating in other games or trivias even if they don't run the show.... others have a tough time with that and then wonder why they cant get along with a group of people in a regular basis. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Don't take my comments in a negative way, I enjoy playing, just don't get much joy from playing badly.. xD

I always have a lot of time for people that put the time and effort in for such things hence the reason I play, for better or for worse.. 

Oh I'm not, I get pleasure from knowing you're doing badly for some reason. I enjoy your pain.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Rando, batard, and stan have no problem participating in other games or trivias even if they don't run the show.... others have a tough time with that and then wonder why they cant get along with a group of people in a regular basis. 

Ahhh okay, I see haha! 

13 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I am confused by this xD

You are welcome.

Would like you to abstain from it under the condition not too many players end up with the same club. As things pan out atthe moment I got a chance of glory hunting every single club in League Two, please don't deprive me of it.:D

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Would like you to abstain from it under the condition not too many players end up with the same club. As things pan out atthe moment I got a chance of glory hunting every single club in League Two, please don't deprive me of it.:D

You've got 5 out of 24 so far with your new club Crewe making it 6.

Rucksackfranzose
Scunthorpe United
League Two 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0 0.00%
Total 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0 0.00%
Carlisle
League Two 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0 0.00%
Exeter City
League Two 4 1 2 1 6 6 0 5 25.00%
Total 4 1 2 1 6 6 0 5 25.00%
Grimsby Town
League Two 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0 0.00%
Mansfield
EFL Trophy 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0 0.00%
Total 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0 0.00%
Overall Total 8 1 2 5 7 11 -4 5 12.50%

But yes, we will see how it goes. Might just do it as a "if you'd like a transfer, you can have one randomise during the transfer window"

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think it's fine the way it is but do like the idea of a transfer in the January window... not sure how that would work though

I'll come up with a few options and we can vote on them closer to the time :)

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I decided to give others a chance at winning. I'm content with the LMS consistency of Teso and most importantly, calling out (storts and Cicero caught on) Mi hijito's hella obvious bluff(very first mafia I played and if I'm not mistaken the first one here. He still thinks it was just random and refuses to give me any credit. 

(I suck at weekly predictions.)I already have a hard time remembering to set my Tranmere, citeh, Swansea, RB Salzburg, and Barcelona sides twice a week... at least i tried at first though :P

You're welcome to resume predicting if you so wish...

• Subscriber

I revel in everyone's despair in this contest but @DeadLinesman plays Grimsby next so I want him to lose again.

Next Fixtures (for those who played yesterday):

Cicero 12/10 Southend v Wimbledon League One
Storts 20/10 Accrington v Ipswich League One
Rucksackfranzose 12/10 Carlisle v Crewe League Two
Bluewolf, Teso dos Bichos & Fairy in Boots 12/10 Portsmouth v Gillingham League One
Deadlinesman 12/10 Stevenage v Grimsby League Two

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve been royally fucked over by this cup competition. Wycombe, second in league one lose to fucking Stevenage, bottom of League 2. Oh well, it’ll be over quickly I suppose.

Oh shut up. I’ve got 6 points from 7 games with 6 different clubs. I had Man city and they lost to wolves. 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived