• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

@nudge letter to Santa

See the source image

That last line is spot on tbh xD 

Ordered a huge snacks platter from the local bistro to be delivered on Tuesday.
Got some more drinks.
Have a friend coming over; haven't seen each other for over 5 years.

5 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Last minute? Today's a bit early to shop. I'll be going on Monday with Tuesday as back up.

Well we have the grandkids tomorrow all day and my son is up the following day so today was our last chance to go out and get what we still needed... 

Been doing the Christmas shopping since marriage. Wife is half Christian. Still learning all the traditions. 

Also will be attending the midnight mass and the family get together after that. Will be spending the holiday at in-laws. 

Wishing everyone here a Merry Christmas. Have a blast. 

• Subscriber

Did a bit of Christmas shopping by myself as our daughter arrived with the grandson so I left them with the wife for a natter and whatnot, glad I did as Tesco's was heaving with shoppers and there were queues up every aisle waiting for checkout operators to serve, you got the usual with people trying to jump the queue and get in first but when they heard around 20 of us yell out "OYE...GET IN THE BLOODY QUEUE!!!!" they soon did. xD  

This is the most organised I've ever been for Christmas. Had the whole month of November off so had plenty of time to chip away at the shopping in a really comfortable pace and with the stores not even at crazy busy levels.

Can't recommend it highly enough. It actually allows me to enjoy Christmas rather than want to put it out of my mind. I can enjoy the Carol's without snapping into thinking about all the stuff I need to buy for people...

Sorted the gf’s present a month ago. 

That is the only thing. My parents and sister and I have agreed this year to no presents because what is the actual point .

Christmas is a fairly big event this year though, my parents will finally meet my partner’s parents, as we are all going out for lunch together. First time in 18 months haha. Hopefully it goes well...

2 hours ago, Harry said:

This is the most organised I've ever been for Christmas. Had the whole month of November off so had plenty of time to chip away at the shopping in a really comfortable pace and with the stores not even at crazy busy levels.

Can't recommend it highly enough. It actually allows me to enjoy Christmas rather than want to put it out of my mind. I can enjoy the Carol's without snapping into thinking about all the stuff I need to buy for people...

How many carol’s you banging?

on a serious note, I’ve never gone to listen to that garbage .

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

My parents and sister and I have agreed this year to no presents because what is the actual point .

Funny you say that but we agreed the same thing this year, just got stuff for the grandkids and because they are all young it took a lot of stress out of the finding the right thing for everyone,,, @nudge would be proud of the amount of effort I put in to save myself a load of effort.. Dropped off a few bottles of Vodka for my team yesterday evening and apart from a few bits to do around the house we are pretty much ready and looking forward to a nice relaxing Christmas day... 

51 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Funny you say that but we agreed the same thing this year, just got stuff for the grandkids and because they are all young it took a lot of stress out of the finding the right thing for everyone,,, @nudge would be proud of the amount of effort I put in to save myself a load of effort.. Dropped off a few bottles of Vodka for my team yesterday evening and apart from a few bits to do around the house we are pretty much ready and looking forward to a nice relaxing Christmas day... 

I spoke too soon though. I have to go get two gifts for my girlfriend’s family. Was hoping she was doing that bit haha 

12 hours ago, Toinho said:

Sorted the gf’s present a month ago. 

That is the only thing. My parents and sister and I have agreed this year to no presents because what is the actual point .

Christmas is a fairly big event this year though, my parents will finally meet my partner’s parents, as we are all going out for lunch together. First time in 18 months haha. Hopefully it goes well...

Kids really change that equation mate.

But this year due to my rate circumstance of actually having time to think about KK presents I reckon I nailed the gift giving. Getting the right combination of things people will use, but also decadent enough that they wouldn't usually buy them for themself. 

Hope the lunch goes well mate! 

There are times when I realise how lucky I am - two girls who are now in their 30's so presents are simple - just a straight money transfer between banks!!!  Had a Lego party for the local kids last Saturday so that took care of that - still the memories of trees and presents linger on -

So schön, schön war die Zeit

18 hours ago, Harry said:

My neighbor each year by all his presents on Black Friday weekend. He said he saves so much money.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Kids really change that equation mate.

But this year due to my rate circumstance of actually having time to think about KK presents I reckon I nailed the gift giving. Getting the right combination of things people will use, but also decadent enough that they wouldn't usually buy them for themself. 

Hope the lunch goes well mate! 

There aren’t any kids in my family hence my thoughts. Not saying I’ll forever think that way, though!

Cheers man. 

6 hours ago, MUFC said:

My neighbor each year by all his presents on Black Friday weekend. He said he saves so much money.

He'll save money, but even better for mine it relieves the mental load of having to think of and buy a half dozen presents 6 weeks ahead of time.

Archived