The better place to talk football.

New Years Resolution(s)

football forums

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm that guy that doesn't have any and if I wanted to make changes to what I do I'll do it there and then or in my own time. 

I used to be like that but never actually do anything so it's why I now make a list at the start of each year just so I can hold myself accountable.

• Subscriber

Started spending more time practicing guitar/bass on a regular basis. It's incredibly hard to do when you've got work schedules that pretty much demand time and I am the kind of person who likes practicing in the morning versus the evening just because I absorb more. But, in 2020 I have decided to slot out 1.5 hours on a daily basis and put in 3 hours over the weekend jamming with the band to just improve from a technical standpoint. 

The other thing I want to do in 2020 is pickup two students to start teaching them bass so that I can actually play more guitar lol. 

Read more - I feel this is quite a stereotypical resolution. I used to listen to a load of audiobooks in my old job but can’t in my current job, so I want to physically hold a book and read it. Aiming for twelve books this year but hoping for it to be closer to eighteen. I’ve already bought a book and I’m waiting on that to arrive. 

Save/Invest - My savings were wiped out at the back end of 2018 by buying a flat and I’ve let that discipline slide and currently have nothing in savings. I’m going to attempt to save and then I’m going to look into investing in a few areas as savings accounts have hideous interest rates. 

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Read more - I feel this is quite a stereotypical resolution. I used to listen to a load of audiobooks in my old job but can’t in my current job, so I want to physically hold a book and read it. Aiming for twelve books this year but hoping for it to be closer to eighteen. I’ve already bought a book and I’m waiting on that to arrive. 

Good choice, I love my books and there is nothing more relaxing than going to bed with the bedside lamp on, fluff your pillows up and read away, it's relaxing and keeps your mind alert and healthy, our son got me the latest Lee Child-Jack Reacher book for Christmas ' Blue Moon' one of my favourite authors and character, I read the book in 4 days, next on the agenda I spotted at Tescos was a John Grisham book for £10 'The Reckoning.

615f6kPejqL._SY498_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4s7S15QNCeBZOjXpXY1J

Archived