talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator

went Lidl to shop this morning. Lot of tinned goods, frozen items and of course toilet paper all gone. Shelves empty. Everything else was all in good stock - fruit and veg, poultry & meat, milk, dairy products, bread etc etc.

I was out doing a bit of shopping this morning and people are just being silly.... Someone only needs to post something like "Turmeric helps keep you virus free" on twitter and that will be out of stock within half a day... people will believe anything..

I was reading a story the other day where some bloke in America went out and purchased 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer which he was hoping to cash in on by selling them for $8 a bottle on Amazon once this all kicked off and within a week Amazon froze his account for inflating his prices and now he is stuck with them... Part of me wanted to praise him for trying to cash in and the other half of me was laughing because that will teach him a lesson for being greedy and trying to cash in on peoples fears.. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was out doing a bit of shopping this morning and people are just being silly.... Someone only needs to post something like "Turmeric helps keep you virus free" on twitter and that will be out of stock within half a day... people will believe anything..

I was reading a story the other day where some bloke in America went out and purchased 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer which he was hoping to cash in on by selling them for $8 a bottle on Amazon once this all kicked off and within a week Amazon froze his account for inflating his prices and now he is stuck with them... Part of me wanted to praise him for trying to cash in and the other half of me was laughing because that will teach him a lesson for being greedy and trying to cash in on peoples fears.. 

Haha I saw that story too - think a few countries have bought in measures to prevent profiteering in times like this.

Also, turmeric does have healing qualities :D 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Like that kid in Leeds who brought a bottle of hand sanitizer to school and was selling it for 50p a squirt :4_joy: thats the real entrepreneurial spirit xD

• Haha 2

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Like that kid in Leeds who brought a bottle of hand sanitizer to school and was selling it for 50p a squirt :4_joy: thats the real entrepreneurial spirit xD

Poor kid got kicked out for the day as well :( 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Another little known fact that white dried up Poodle shit works wonders if you stuff enough of it in your mouth... 

I'm being serious.

But whatever.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yea, read that... didn't they kick him out for that or something.. I mean that's just plain funny, good luck to him

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I'm being serious.

But whatever.

Yep, turmeric has proven health benefits especially in reducing inflammation. The issue is its poor bioavailability but it can be improved by enhancing agents (black pepper is one of those). Won't help with the virus though haha. 

• Upvote 1

Regarding turmeric.

Add a spoonful of it in warm milk, along with sugar. Have it before bedtime. It will rid you of sore throat, cough and even cold. Will also reduce your body's heat issues ( non flu heat), if you have any.

Will improve your immune system as well. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yep, turmeric has proven health benefits especially in reducing inflammation. The issue is its poor bioavailability but it can be improved by enhancing agents (black pepper is one of those). Won't help with the virus though haha. 

Oh right, if you say it's true then I believe you... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

2 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Regarding turmeric.

Add a spoonful of it in warm milk, along with sugar. Have it before bedtime. It will rid you of sore throat, cough and even cold. Will also reduce your body's heat issues ( non flu heat), if you have any.

Will improve your immune system as well. 

Yep. I have it whenever I get flu/colds etc.

apparently it's the same as shovelling shit in your mouth though. Like, exactly the same. :shoot:

• Haha 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD Learn to sell it Stan, look how much information both @nudge & @IgnisExcubitor provided... your post lacked conviction

Meh, couldn't be arsed after the poodle shit post. Didn't think I could win you over if that was your starting point xD

Should have just got @nudge & @IgnisExcubitor in from the start!

• Haha 1

Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory. The French government are warning anti-inflammatories diminish the immune system and are a bad idea when you have an infection. They're warning against people taking ibuprofen. Whether that extends to natural anti inflammatories I don't know but I wouldn't risk it for a chocolate biscuit.

Just now, Stan said:

Meh, couldn't be arsed after the poodle shit post. Didn't think I could win you over if that was your starting point xD

Should have just got @nudge & @IgnisExcubitor in from the start!

You also have to take into consideration that I had just previously mentioned that people could say anything and everyone would believe them, then you come in with the very thing I picked telling me how good it was for me...