talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

2 hours ago, Stan said:

It was yesterday when it was first published.

Well you can access it, I’ve no subscription for the telegraph and I’ve read it. Also it’s the Sunday edition a lot of the fuss seems to be late last night maybe that’s had an effect. 

Anyway found this video to explain our strategy, time will tell but at least it explains our strategy in an easy manner

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I’d saw claims the Ronaldo think was fake. 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

You also have to take into consideration that I had just previously mentioned that people could say anything and everyone would believe them, then you come in with the very thing I picked telling me how good it was for me... 

I know, but it was as if you'd totally dismissed turmeric of having any positive aspect to it, comparing it to poodle shit which is obviously a bit further than extreme xD

Soon changed your tune when the others came along though :P 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's just @IgnisExcubitor and @Mel81x isn't it?!

Can't be @Mel81x. There's more chance of you and me doing it, maybe @Asura  . Those are the only Hindus here. 

But on a serious note, those idiots are known idiots who often do these shitty stunts after calling the media to cover them to get their 15 mins of fame. And the media obliges. Most people don't drink it. Only few idiots like him do. And cow dung is used as fuel in methane gases in villages, which are also on the decrease now with more and more LPG gas connections.

@Harvsky

Yeah, read that about inflammatories. 

I don't think @nudge and I were speaking on Turmeric for Corona. But normal colds and sore throats. Though turmeric might help make your immune system stronger. Also, garlic.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 3

• Subscriber

And ginger! And chilies! 

But yeah, those are supposed to be just complementary natural products that might help with some mild stuff or provide some health benefits when consumed regularly long term. Don't use it for serious accute illnesses or together with any medicine you're taking as the active components in the natural products might interact with the chemotherapeuticals and result in unexpected side effects. 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Well you can access it, I’ve no subscription for the telegraph and I’ve read it. Also it’s the Sunday edition a lot of the fuss seems to be late last night maybe that’s had an effect. 

Anyway found this video to explain our strategy, time will tell but at least it explains our strategy in an easy manner

I’d saw claims the Ronaldo think was fake. 

I did as well after I posted it here but too lazy to look up whether or not it's true.

The video is helpful and makes more sense than the initial reasoning which talked about getting immunity into the population. I still have an issue though with the idea that you can only quarantine once. If it's explained properly why it's necessary to quarantine for longer or go back into quarantine then people will just have do it. People are dumb, selfish and sometimes reckless but when it comes to life and death, we are ultimately wired to survive and perpetuate the existence of the species.

• Subscriber

I was thinking about putting this in the 'Today I Had To Laugh At' thread.  xD

Just come back from Tesco's, some guy with a trolley with 6 Jumbo packs (x9) of Andrex toilet rolls in a trolley, started to unload it on the belt and the till operator told him "Sorry sir, you can only buy one pack of 9 at a time please" the look on his face was like he had been hit by a train, he didn't argue as there was a 6-foot odd's security guard standing there watching him, shaking his head with an evil grin on his face, fucking priceless watching him load 5 Jumbo packs back into the trolley and just pay for one.  :rofl:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Azeem said:

ETJ43VRWoAAmhX0?format=jpg&name=medium

So you can't even get tested in the UK ?

Yes and no. The current advice is if you show the symptoms, you must self isolate for a week as you mentioned above. If it still persists after that period, then you ring 111 to be tested (I think). 

Personally, I find this a little bizarre as you could have easily passed it on by that point, especially if you have come from somewhere like Italy without showing any symptoms. 

7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yes and no. The current advice is if you show the symptoms, you must self isolate for a week as you mentioned above. If it still persists after that period, then you ring 111 to be tested (I think). 

Personally, I find this a little bizarre as you could have easily passed it on by that point, especially if you have come from somewhere like Italy without showing any symptoms. 

What if you came from Spain, Italy or have been with someone tested positive and you're showing symptoms ? Still have have to wait a week? 

18 minutes ago, Azeem said:

What if you came from Spain, Italy or have been with someone tested positive and you're showing symptoms ? Still have have to wait a week? 

Initially I think you got tested straight away. Now I think it falls into the self isolation period, though I'd like to think you'd get tested earlier based on the bold scenario as it makes more sense. 

The general idea I get is that they don't want to place a massive burden on an already struggling NHS (ie. you may show symptoms but may be perfectly fine after a week etc) regardless of where in the UK you are. 

Of course I could be completely wrong on this. 

4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Initially I think you got tested straight away. Now I think it falls into the self isolation period, though I'd like to think you'd get tested earlier based on the bold scenario as it makes more sense. 

The general idea I get is that they don't want to place a massive burden on an already struggling NHS (ie. you may show symptoms but may be perfectly fine after a week etc) regardless of where in the UK you are. 

Of course I could be completely wrong on this. 

I think that's the reason why many countries in Europe aren't taking strict actions cause it might break the economy.

58 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I did as well after I posted it here but too lazy to look up whether or not it's true.

The video is helpful and makes more sense than the initial reasoning which talked about getting immunity into the population. I still have an issue though with the idea that you can only quarantine once. If it's explained properly why it's necessary to quarantine for longer or go back into quarantine then people will just have do it. People are dumb, selfish and sometimes reckless but when it comes to life and death, we are ultimately wired to survive and perpetuate the existence of the species.

This is why I think they’ve done it this way, you had a second wave and although the herd immunity argument isn’t settled they’re hoping to slow it as the peaks come in order to negate as much death as possible. Look at below pic of Spanish flu it came in waves

it’s not popular but the reality is we’ve got a global flu pandemic it’s not about preventing it anymore it’s damage limitation. Our plan is like the above, Italy are probably at 80,000 -100,000 cases they just don’t know it yet. We will get there but it’s going to be about a fortnight I reckon. 

Just on Italy a work collegue has a brother out there who is an engineer for ferrari based out of Maranello and he said everyone has a chest infection by them. I wouldn’t be surprised if Northern Italy touches 1m cases by the end of April it’s just how quick / effectively they test. When we get to that point we will be on lock down no doubt about it

618EC0E4-F06F-4432-BAB7-E231913B501F.jpeg

Edited by Fairy In Boots

Someone at my Uncle’s work in Tehran’s tested positive (Iran was given a load of testing kits by China, so start to expect a bit more news out of Iran regarding confirmed cases), so I think it’s only a matter of time before he gets it. He’s my oldest uncle by some distance, so I’m fairly concerned. Especially as the situation’s proven to be pretty bad there.

Still think it’s mental our government’s seen what’s happened in Italy and seems to be moving more slowly.

I am shocked how a few companies are reacting to Covid [in a good way].

Uber eats yesterday were offering free delivery for all orders, so that you didn't have to leave your house for food. 

A few teams in the NBA are keeping to their schedule, but instead of two teams playing in an arena, they coaches are playing one another in NBA2k20 and live streaming it on Twitch. xD

Chess.com and a few of a major chess streamers have been on Twitch 24/7 showing content for those stuck in their house.