talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

36 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

UK Government have announced fines of £1k or be detained if you refuse self-isolation. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-brits-face-£1000-fines-or-being-detained-if-they-refuse-self-isolation/ar-BB11dNYY?li=BBoPWjQ

I wonder how long it'll be before people class this as a tax or something stupid like that. 

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

$50,000 and potential jail time up to 12 months in my state. 

Curious to know how they hope to enforce such measures??? Would that only apply to people that have been tested and shown to be positive?? how do you prevent them from breaking Quarantine then if they decide to go out from isolation?? If they don't have the capability to test everyone as it is how would you know who was infected or not if you saw them out in the street?? 

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fucking hell. I thought ours was strict. xD

Entering the country you must self isolate for 14 days no matter who you are and where you have come from. My mate got back today, his small business and our football club (he runs it) are now in an interesting situation. 

Edited by Toinho

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

UK Government have announced fines of £1k or be detained if you refuse self-isolation. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-brits-face-£1000-fines-or-being-detained-if-they-refuse-self-isolation/ar-BB11dNYY?li=BBoPWjQ

I wonder how long it'll be before people class this as a tax or something stupid like that. 

2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

$50,000 and potential jail time up to 12 months in my state. 

Up to 3000€ fine and potential jail time up to 3 years (if other people get infected as a result) here.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Up to 3000€ fine and potential jail time up to 3 years (if other people get infected as a result) here.

I just see that as a threat measure but totally unworkable in reality... The only way that could work is if you put everyone who tested positive under lock and key until 14 days were up where you would test them again prior to release... How could you be sure everyone that has it is following the rules of isolation otherwise?? 

Edited by Bluewolf

I must point out this is for self isolating when arriving back into Australia from anywhere. This doesn’t mean you have it. These are the sanctions. Hard to police, I don’t have answers on that. 

We had a lady be tested last week and while she was waiting for results she went to the theatre. Test came back positive. I’d dob on someone if they broke the self isolation. 

Edited by Toinho

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Curious to know how they hope to enforce such measures??? Would that only apply to people that have been tested and shown to be positive?? how do you prevent them from breaking Quarantine then if they decide to go out from isolation?? If they don't have the capability to test everyone as it is how would you know who was infected or not if you saw them out in the street?? 

Again, this is for self isolation upon returning to the country. Infection or not. 

8 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Entering the country you must self isolate for 14 days no matter who you are and where you have come from. My mate got back today, his small business and our football club (he runs it) are now in an interesting situation. 

Yeah I have heard. My sister only just left Australia on Thursday but didn't get tested when she got back to the UK. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I just see that as a threat measure but totally unworkable in reality... The only way that could work is if you put everyone who tested positive under lock and key until 14 days were up where you would test them again prior to release... How could you be sure everyone that has it is following the rules of isolation otherwise?? 

Well here it mostly applies to those who are confirmed positive and quarantined or those who are in hospitals as presumptive cases awaiting confirmation. We had a few cases where people ran away and they've been found and detained. Those who are required to self-isolate after returning from risk areas are definitely harder to track. Definitely more of a threat measure but I could well imagine that if someone's tested positive, ran away and went to any mass gatherings and those would be then connected to new cases emerging, they'd be in a big trouble for sure.  Also non-essential businesses have been ordered to close so if someone doesn't comply and stays open, the owner also faces charges.

Another curiosity has got me thinking.... At what point during all of this would it be reasonable for people to tell their employers that they don't wish to come into work due to the risk of getting this virus?? Even if you don't currently have it your risk of getting it goes up every time you go to work in and around large groups of people??? I mean they are trying to encourage people that work offices to work from home and that's great for the office staff or those that can but what about the people that can't do that?? Is it reasonable for a company to take measures to protect all of it's staff rather than just a small number of them?? 

13 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I wish schools could be done online but we won’t close. Maybe early for school holidays?

Seems fairly likely in the eastern states. I'm thinking it'll get called by the end of this week. Maybe the other states will add time at the back end.

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

We had a lady be tested last week and while she was waiting for results she went to the theatre. Test came back positive. I’d dob on someone if they broke the self isolation. 

That's just a selfish do as you like attitude and completely irresponsible... she deserves what she gets 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well here it mostly applies to those who are confirmed positive and quarantined or those who are in hospitals as presumptive cases awaiting confirmation. We had a few cases where people ran away and they've been found and detained. Those who are required to self-isolate after returning from risk areas are definitely harder to track. Definitely more of a threat measure but I could well imagine that if someone's tested positive, ran away and went to any mass gatherings and those would be then connected to new cases emerging, they'd be in a big trouble for sure.  Also non-essential businesses have been ordered to close so if someone doesn't comply and stay open, the owner also faces charges.

Well that would work because they know who is positive and who is not so a bit easier to police but for those in self isolation it would be too hard to ensure compliance 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Well that would work because they know who is positive and who is not so a bit easier to police but for those in self isolation it would be too hard to ensure compliance 

Yeah as it relies on people's conscientiousness, responsibility and willingness to cooperate - apparently there are many lacking even the very basic understanding of it haha. Frankly it's one of the reasons why the whole country has been placed under quarantine as it enables the authorities to punish those who don't comply hoping that it will deter the others from doing the same. 

• Upvote 1

Now reports are saying that this could last until Spring 2021 and somewhere in the region of 7.9 Million people will have potentially been treated... current estimates say that 4 out of 5 people are likely to get this virus during that time... Even if they find a cure it will need to be mass produced and everyone will need to have it to be sure it's eliminated properly.. going to be some tough times ahead for people.. That's in the UK alone

Edited by Bluewolf

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah as it relies on people's conscientiousness, responsibility and willingness to cooperate - apparently there are many lacking even the very basic understanding of it haha. Frankly it's one of the reasons why the whole country has been placed under quarantine as it enables the authorities to punish those who don't comply hoping that it will deter the others from doing the same. 

It's almost as if they will have to introduce curfew measures to ensure compliance and then anyone caught out and about can be dealt with... Drastic sounding but if people are being silly and disregarding the quarantine and panic shopping gets any worse I can see that coming... 10,000 of our armed forces are being prepared in case things start getting any more serious over here.. Doesn't take long for things to get out of hand does it.. 

• Wow 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Now reports are saying that this could last until Spring 2021 and somewhere in the region of 7.9 Million people will have potentially been treated... current estimates say that 4 out of 5 people are likely to get this virus during that time... Even if they find a cure it will need to be mass produced and everyone will need to have it to be sure it's eliminated properly.. going to be some tough times ahead for people.. That's in the UK alone

You know what they all need?

turmeric-root-and-powder.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You know what they all need?

turmeric-root-and-powder.gif

I went out to buy 10 jars of it this morning but those greedy buggers have cleaned the shelves out already.... 

Talking of which my son sent me a picture of the produce aisle in Asda this morning... it was a wasteland of empty crates, not so much as a lettuce leaf on show.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

It's almost as if they will have to introduce curfew measures to ensure compliance and then anyone caught out and about can be dealt with... Drastic sounding but if people are being silly and disregarding the quarantine and panic shopping gets any worse I can see that coming... 10,000 of our armed forces are being prepared in case things start getting any more serious over here.. Doesn't take long for things to get out of hand does it.. 

Yeah, it could easily get out of hand if situation worsens. I can also see the divorce rates going through the roof now that families are forced to spend most of the time together in confined spaces xD 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

I'm actually disgusted by the "every man for himself" panic-buying that has happened across the UK this weekend. It's even happened where I live where there are still no confirmed cases. There was a picture doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday of a pensioner stood alone in an empty aisle in Sainsbury's peering down at his shopping list.

What's actually wrong with people? How fucking thick can you be to think that self-isolation means you'll be locked in a bunker for months. Get enough food to survive for the next week and let everyone else get what they need as well.

• Subscriber

We have, (wife & me) have just received this text message from our local doctor's medical centre regarding the virus, I think it centres mainly on me though with my COPD, Asthma, Sciatica & Heart Failure condition in which I take loads of tablets, I'm beginning to feel like a zombie now. xD

download (2).png

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spelling corrections

• Administrator

Missus just text me saying a patient died yesterday at Bristol RI due to Covid-19.

24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I went out to buy 10 jars of it this morning but those greedy buggers have cleaned the shelves out already.... 

Talking of which my son sent me a picture of the produce aisle in Asda this morning... it was a wasteland of empty crates, not so much as a lettuce leaf on show.. 

If you were out in the shops yesterday instead of not believing us, you might have had a jar or 2 today :ph34r:

My dad text me earlier saying a lady in front of him at the tills at Morrisons had six 10kg bags of rice in her trolley. YOU DO NOT NEED THAT MUCH IN ONE GO FFS. YOU ARE NOT FEEDING THE WHOLE OF UK. One 10kg bag of rice lasts for months ffs. How fucking thick can you get?! Really frustrates me how dense people are being right now.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm actually disgusted by the "every man for himself" panic-buying that has happened across the UK this weekend. It's even happened where I live where there are still no confirmed cases. There was a picture doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday of a pensioner stood alone in an empty aisle in Sainsbury's peering down at his shopping list.

What's actually wrong with people? How fucking thick can you be to think that self-isolation means you'll be locked in a bunker for months. Get enough food to survive for the next week and let everyone else get what they need as well.

Happening everywhere.  My online order got cancelled, so went in today to grab some frozen stuff and what little paracetamol etc I could find because I’ve been forced to. Shelves very empty. 

Sky News just now...

Reporter: Has deliberate, natural herd immunity been used successfully anywhere before?

Sky News Expert: Erm, not really, no....talks a lot about vaccination herd immunity, scientists around the world trying to find a vaccination...herd immunity can be achieved against virus’, mainly through vaccination.

Got to say the more the government use the words “medical and scientific approach” as if every country around the world is not using the same approach the more I lose faith in their approach 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Got to say the more the government use the words “medical and scientific approach” as if every country around the world is not using the same approach the more I lose faith in their approach 

It's what they use to try and safeguard whatever they're saying.