The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Fourth Round Matches - 24-27th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Shocking second half. Replay during the break in February I think?

Yeah around then. But I think for that we should field the youngsters more than the senior players as is evident today. At one point you would have been forgiven for thinking our backline was inept. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m raging at that. Utterly pathetic second half performance. Matip and Lovren need a fucking rollicking. 

Another game we didn’t need. 

The 3 players you’d expect to be leaders out there: Fabinho, Matip and Lovren... they were all dogshit. I know they’ve all been out for a while but they really didn’t looked up for it at all.

Pretty shit example to set for the kids tbh. Minamino’s new and still clearly learning the basics the positioning and movement Klopp wants from the side. So other than that the only senior player that can hold his head up is our backup keeper, Adrian made good saves and wasn’t at fault for either goal.

A replay is the last thing we need and I would  still want to give senior players the week off. But Fabinho, Lovren and Matip should still play as an attempt from them to make things right.

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Fair play to Shrewsbury for staying in it at 2-0 and coming back like that. Massive for them

As annoyed as Klopp will be to have yet another game, there's a silver lining that it means more minutes for the likes of Jones, Elliott, Williams, etc.

Yeah that’s true. And with our recent luck in domestic cup competitions over passed seasons, it’s meant less first team opportunities for kids which stalls their development.

I think the kids out there were the ones who can say they played with pride. It’s the senior players that let us down today.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Yeah around then. But I think for that we should field the youngsters more than the senior players as is evident today. At one point you would have been forgiven for thinking our backline was inept. 

Yeah I'm fine with more kids playing. I don't know what you do at centre half now Phillips has gone back to Stuttgart though.

If Lallana and Milner are fit, they play. Some of the other senior players think they're above these sort of games

• Administrator

Replays already arranged:

Tuesday 4th Feb
Birmingham vs Coventry
Cardiff vs Reading
Derby vs Northampton
Liverpool vs Shrewsbury
Oxford vs Newcastle

Wednesday 5th Feb
Tottenham vs Southampton

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Eh. I want to win the cup, so I'd like us to field a reasonably strong side with the likes of Lallana, Milner, Origi, Adrian, etc. But I get it

I do too and ideally we'd get the likes of Lallana some minutes but we all know how much Klopp is in favour of this break.

He'll get rinsed in the media for this without people actually thinking of his reasoning and how ridiculous from the FA it is to schedule replays during the break

• Administrator

Weird choice. 

You have 11 days before the next game after this replay. More than enough time to recover for players.

He's acting like a spoilt brat not even bothering to manage the team. Pathetic.

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

League One against the best club side in world football undefeated in how long and only drawing one league game? Let them have it.

Nah. Great result and performance but only pitch invade if you win.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Weird choice. 

You have 11 days before the next game after this replay. More than enough time to recover for players.

I do see where you're coming from, but the reason there are 11 days is because that's supposed to be our winter break. That should be protected time, not contingency time to make up other matches

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Weird choice. 

Think he's just following orders:what: knew you'd be one of the ones to display faux outrage at this

• The topic was unpinned

Archived