talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

https://talksport.com/football/arsenal-fc-news-adrian-durham-offers-verdict-every-member-current-squad-180307274661?p=13

Adrian Durham's view on the current squad. He thinks only two of the current squad should stay xD

xD

To be honest I love Adrian Durham's daily slot and how he winds up the less intelligent Arsenal fans of which there are quite a few.

40 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

After Bellerins public row with Wenger which left him dropped against Brighton, it has now escalated,  Bellerin hasnt travelled to Milan.  

The latest on that story (if it's to be believed) is that his agent has called Barça to offer his total acceptance to a possible move if Wenger doesn't leave in the summer.  Under those circumstances I hope Barcelona don't answer back and I don't see Valverde and how he is, wanting a player that turns his back on the coach that made him what he is. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

xD

To be honest I love Adrian Durham's daily slot and how he winds up the less intelligent Arsenal fans of which there are quite a few.

I think he's great. You see Jim White and others trying to be wind up merchants on that station and it's just cringe. Durham is the goat of that field.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think he's great. You see Jim White and others trying to be wind up merchants on that station and it's just cringe. Durham is the goat of that field.

I love listening to him and he mixes humour with brilliant football analysis which is why I subscribe to his podcast because I don't always have the opportunity to catch his show.

• Subscriber
On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:43, HK85 said:

Only fools go to European games on package deals from the likes of SportOptions. 

Disagree - they're great if you only want to do a day trip, used them many times - they're very convenient

Edited by Storts

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Disagree - they're great if you only want to do a day trip, used them many times - they're very convenient

That doesn't surprise me considering package trips are for the worst type of fan. Draped in club memorabilia singing come on you Spurs on the plane, I bet. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

That doesn't surprise me considering package trips are for the worst type of fan. Draped in club memorabilia singing come on you Spurs on the plane, I bet. 

Nothing better

On 07/03/2018 at 20:09, SirBalon said:

The latest on that story (if it's to be believed) is that his agent has called Barça to offer his total acceptance to a possible move if Wenger doesn't leave in the summer.  Under those circumstances I hope Barcelona don't answer back and I don't see Valverde and how he is, wanting a player that turns his back on the coach that made him what he is. 

Because everyone has mate. How can you seriously say that when you turned your back on the manager years ago?

Honestly Wenger has done nothing but harm Bellerin, he has run him in to the ground and supplied him with no cover. On top of that he has had to hold the right wing all by himself offensively and defensively with his shocking tactics. The club then denied him a move to Barcelona which he didn't complain about and just got on with it, only then to get constant abuse from the fan-base. In all honesty I can't blame Hector for wanting to leave, he is being let down here and won't fulfil his massive potential at this club in it's current state.

Edited by Chaaay AFC
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

While some might (for some reason) have a meltdown over Elneny signing an extension and pretend that this is a big issue, in reality it's a good thing. A good squad player that can fill in and do a decent job, has done better than decent when he's stepped in this season as well.

Steve Bould says he has "never met anybody as hungry and determined" as Arsene Wenger, in a stern defence of the Arsenal manager.

Wenger was unavailable for Thursday's pre-match press conference ahead of Arsenal's Super Sunday meeting with Stoke due to illness, his assistant confirmed.

Bould was unwilling to discuss matters unrelated to the forthcoming fixture, but rushed to support Wenger, who recently claimed to have been the subject of age discrimination in the wake of calls for him to step down.

12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Hunger and determination aren't enough of a recipe for continuance when we consider the past recent years with Wenger.n pragmatism and proper decision making is where the correct decision lies with the board.

Arsenal Football Club aren't a toy for Wenger to try and see if he can recapture distant success.

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43581790

Arsenal have "no issue" with England after midfielder Jack Wilshere was injured while on international duty.

Wilshere, 26, could face Stoke on Sunday despite missing the friendlies against the Netherlands and Italy.

Arsenal assistant manager Steve Bould, speaking at Thursday's news conference as Arsene Wenger has lost his voice, said Wilshere's return from England duty was only a precaution.

"Jack had a bit of a knee problem, he has come back and is fine," said Bould.

"As far as I'm aware, there is no issue [with England]."

Bould also said French striker Alexandre Lacazette could make his comeback from knee surgery against Stoke.

Wilshere, who earned an England recall after a sustained run in the Arsenal side, did not travel to Amsterdam for Friday's 1-0 win.

England manager Gareth Southgate had been hopeful Wilshere would be able to play some part against Italy at Wembley but he stayed with his club.

Arsenal are sixth in the Premier League, 13 points behind fourth-placed Tottenham with eight games remaining, and Wenger has been criticised heavily this season.

"I admire him immensely," said Bould of the long-serving Gunners boss.

"He takes unbelievable stick off a lot of people but he is one of the great managers and it is a pleasure to sit next to him."

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Wilshere will definitely leave I reckon, if Arsenal were interested in him, its reported Arsenal have offered him a pay as you play deal with a view to a permanent deal because of his injuries.      

Who is interested in him though? Any decent offers from anyone?  What about Ramsey, is he going to leave too? What about the dinosaur, is he staying or retiring?

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Ramsey is the one that needs to stay. Will be disappointed to see him leave, provides great moments. Don't understand the lack of credit he gets.

I think Ramsey is a much better player than Wilshire. Wilshire always gets praise from Arsenal fans... but Ramsey doesn't get anywhere near as much credit. Never understood that.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Ramsey is a much better player than Wilshire. Wilshire always gets praise from Arsenal fans... but Ramsey doesn't get anywhere near as much credit. Never understood that.

The main reason being that Wilshere is homegrown, an Arsenal boy that came through the academy. There are other reasons but that's the main one although I don't think any Arsenal fan denies or tries to hide the fact Ramsey has a hell of a lot of talent.