talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The Xhaka signing is a mystery...  That one will linger on for years!  But that isn't the only one because that Brazilian that was signed for the left-back position was even worse.  It's experiments...  It's almost vanity!  It's "I want to be different and show them all".

Santos was a 11th of the hour signing along with Mertesacker,    I really struggle to think of someone who Wenger has bought in the last few years apart from obvious names that has really been a good signing.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

Santos was a 11th of the hour signing along with Mertesacker,    I really struggle to think of someone who Wenger has bought in the last few years apart from obvious names that has really been a good signing.

The thing is that major signings like Alexis, Cazorla, Özil etc...  can't be accredited to anything that enters the realm of "coup".  They were well known before they came!

The one thing I will say is that nobody is bidding for Mesut Özil who has one year left on his contract.  A sad inditement of his career at Arsenal and the player many perceive he is.  A total luxury that requires others on the field to put in a serious shift to cover his lack of "enthusiasm".

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The thing is that major signings like Alexis, Cazorla, Özil etc...  can't be accredited to anything that enters the realm of "coup".  They were well known before they came!

The one thing I will say is that nobody is bidding for Mesut Özil who has one year left on his contract.  A sad inditement of his career at Arsenal and the player many perceive he is.  A total luxury that requires others on the field to put in a serious shift to cover his lack of "enthusiasm".

Regarding Ozil, he is in such a comfortable place at Arsenal it has ruined his reputation, he wont get any of this kind of treatment anywhere else at any top club in the world.   Its really really worrying what Wenger has done to players and the credit he gets is just unbelievable these days. Even the likes of Henry and Vieira were well known before Wenger bought them as they moved to big clubs which didnt work out.

3 hours ago, VanPanna said:

Regarding Ozil, he is in such a comfortable place at Arsenal it has ruined his reputation, he wont get any of this kind of treatment anywhere else at any top club in the world.   Its really really worrying what Wenger has done to players and the credit he gets is just unbelievable these days. Even the likes of Henry and Vieira were well known before Wenger bought them as they moved to big clubs which didnt work out.

Yes, but in fairness both Henry and Vieira failed when they went to Italy.  Wenger could do smart business then because the Premier League was innocent at that time in general and money hadn't really affected it yet.

Özil is a hilarious detail...  What he's actually given Arsenal doesn't equate to what we pay him.  But all the same...  If he's so valued, why is he on his final contractual year?

Lucky nobody's been enquiring.  At least we'll have one name to sell shirts on the back of calculative marketing.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yes, but in fairness both Henry and Vieira failed where they went to Italy.  Wenger could do smart business then because the Premier League was innocent at that time in general and money hadn't really affected it yet.

Özil is a hilarious detail...  What he's actually given Arsenal doesn't equate to what we pay him.  But all the same...  If he's so valued, why is he on his final contractual year?

Lucky nobody's been enquiring.  At least we'll have one name to sell shirts on the back of calculative marketing.

I have never got Ozil at all, never seen a player like that in my life at Arsenal, who is just able to stroll around with no pressure on him what so ever and still section of fans would stick up for him because he would get an assist from a corner or a pass.    Most of the time Arsenal are playing with 10 men it is criminal what he gets away with when Sanchez busts a gut running around most of the time.   

Just now, VanPanna said:

I have never got Ozil at all, never seen a player like that in my life at Arsenal, who is just able to stroll around with no pressure on him what so ever and still section of fans would stick up for him because he would get an assist from a corner or a pass.    Most of the time Arsenal are playing with 10 men it criminal what he gets away with when Sanchez busts a gut running around most of the time.   

I've witnessed it mate!  I've been sat down at The Emirates watching him alone (because there wasn't much else to observe) and listened to the groans when he lost the ball and wasn't bothered to make an effort to recover his error.

There's a reason why he was never a 90 minute player before he arrived at Arsenal at the top end.

He is frustrating most of the time, but every now and then he does have that ability to leave you awe struck because his talent is that good.

Bergkamp on the other hand looked lethargic, but he was nothing of the sort.  He had the class and more of Özil and then put in a shift.  Two players that have been very marketable but two very different stories.  Will Özil get a statue at the end of it all? (pardon my ridiculousness in all of this)

BREAKING NEWS

Arsenal have offered £92m (€100m) to sign Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

We understand Arsenal are yet to respond to Manchester City’s second bid of £55m for Alexis Sanchez.

The Gunners will not let Sanchez leave this summer without the arrival of a replacement.

Monaco don’t want to sell Lemar but we understand they could be tempted by Arsenal’s massive €100m offer.

Lemar is due to play for France this evening in a crucial World Cup qualifier against the Netherlands, live on Sky Sports.

4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Spending £92m only a player Monaco brought for £4m 18 months ago. This is Wenger at his worst, what a disastrous window if we spend the majority of that Alexis and Ox money on Lemar...

Still hoping it's all bollocks.

What the fuck? xD

Cry when he doesn't spend money and then cry when he spends money and say why didn't he buy him when he was unknown. Fucking ridiculous.

Just now, 6666 said:

What the fuck? xD

Cry when he doesn't spend money and then cry when he spends money and say why didn't he buy him when he was unknown. Fucking ridiculous.

LOL. Assuming this is legitimate talk on Lemar, do you really think we would be paying £90m had we not pissed around and got him earlier in the window? If we actually done our business properly and not fucking start doing it at the 11th hour, we wouldn't find ourselves in such a shit situation where we are about to lose our best player and replace him with someone not as good for an extra £30m. So yes I will complain.

Finally I never said we should have brought him 18 months ago, I'm just saying how much he did cost only 18 months ago.

Archived