talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Just want to clarify something.

Has a fee been officially agreed because surely if Liverpool have spoken to the player without Saints giving them permission then that's tapping up? Or have Southampton said he can go round and talk to Liverpool, City and Chelsea before a fee is agreed?

Even though the rules haven't changed to my knowledge, nobody seems to give a flying fuck about tapping up anymore unless sometimes when you're talking about under 16s/18s. I'm pretty sure it happens in nearly every major transfer deal these days, through the agents if not the players themselves, just think people have given up trying to stop it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dangerous game spending that kind of money on a defender. There's a lot more to defending than the skill of the individual players, and which of the recent big money defenders would you say have been worth it? It's not many of them. That said, it is incredibly tiresome listening to people judge transfer fees by 2010 standards. Like it or not, it's the going rate these days, and it's not just City throwing around that kind of money.

4 hours ago, FOYM said:

I am chuffed with that. Can't even pretend to baulk at the price cause it's just the norm nowadays if you want the best players out there. 

Lacazette would be a lot more useful than people think. Watched some of Lyon last season and I think he's the sort of poaching/ ruthless finisher that we need. Unlike Sturridge he isn't one drop ridiculously deep for the ball. I reckon he would be fantastic in the diamond system Klopp seems to be looking at for next season.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be useful. There were times last year when I felt like we just needed a striker - any striker. Lacazette's certainly that and he'd be an upgrade on Origi to boot.

He is a good finisher, but if we're spending big money (Lyon are rumoured to want around £50m) I'd want someone with a bit more about them than just good finishing.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Even though the rules haven't changed to my knowledge, nobody seems to give a flying fuck about tapping up anymore unless sometimes when you're talking about under 16s/18s. I'm pretty sure it happens in nearly every major transfer deal these days, through the agents if not the players themselves, just think people have given up trying to stop it.

Yeah as you said, I've no doubt it happens more regularly than we think. I'm just a bit surprised that there is no statement from Southampton's side particularly if Van Dijk is admitting to talking to other clubs such as Liverpool. You'd think they would say if a bid has been accepted or rejected before a player tries to agree personal terms seeing as he's still their player.

8 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Dangerous game spending that kind of money on a defender. There's a lot more to defending than the skill of the individual players, and which of the recent big money defenders would you say have been worth it? It's not many of them. That said, it is incredibly tiresome listening to people judge transfer fees by 2010 standards. Like it or not, it's the going rate these days, and it's not just City throwing around that kind of money.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be useful. There were times last year when I felt like we just needed a striker - any striker. Lacazette's certainly that and he'd be an upgrade on Origi to boot.

He is a good finisher, but if we're spending big money (Lyon are rumoured to want around £50m) I'd want someone with a bit more about them than just good finishing.

He's got much more to his game than just finishing? He's got good speed, is very direct and can play as a striker or either side of a striker, so his versatility is appealing. 

We won't get him anyway (probs not even in for him) but to say finishing is all he has to game is a bit odd?

Virgil van Dijk: Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City yet to bid, Southampton exit not close

VIRGIL VAN DIJK is reportedly not on the verge of leaving Southampton - with the club yet to receive an official offer.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/813497/Virgil-van-Dijk-Liverpool-Chelsea-Manchester-City-Bid-Southampton-Transfer-News-Gossip

Just now, Storts said:

HA!

Bit of a comedown, as a back up? Surely not going to be first choice 

If we signed Mendy first, would Bertrand still come ;)  ...Walker deal is close, 40million xD   ..rotation is the key!

Just now, Happy Blue said:

If we signed Mendy first, would Bertrand still come ;)  ...Walker deal is close, 40million xD   ..rotation is the key!

Walker deal has been 'close' for weeks - you don't bank on having to deal with Levy. When you think a deal is done he is only starting negotiation. xD Will happy at some point but he will drain every last penny out of the deal

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Levy always gets the money he wants, proved it with Modrić and Bale. Looks like an villain but you can't deny he does a great job.

Actually took less money for Modric so that he'd go abroad and not to you xD But I take your point

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Walker deal has been 'close' for weeks - you don't bank on having to deal with Levy. When you think a deal is done he is only starting negotiation. xD Will happy at some point but he will drain every last penny out of the deal

Bet he's holding out for 50 million, England international and all ..isnt he nearly 28? we should of kept Trippier

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Bet he's holding out for 50 million, England international and all ..isnt he nearly 28? we should of kept Trippier

Yeah I imagine he's waiting for 50 - same as Stones, England international on a long term contract in his prime. My guess will end up being 45+ add ons. Trippier isn't as good as Walker - but there's not 50 million difference between them. 

On 6/2/2017 at 0:07 AM, SirBalon said:

As far as I know they want €130m and have refused to talk to anyone under that sum.

I said that Monaco would only start listening to any offers from €130m

On 6/2/2017 at 9:34 AM, Storts said:

Is it season ticket renewal week? Classic Levy trick this one

It seems this trick has been played before hasn't it.  And it won't stop there!

On 6/2/2017 at 1:55 PM, Storts said:

Madrid signing Mbappe, Hazard and De Gea - really going for it 

You said this probably as a joke and I questioned you on it.  Well it seems you're a soothsayer my friend, because Real Madrid have apparently gone and made a realistic offer AS Monaco are willing to pick up the phone for.  I don't mean Mbappe is worth that, just that Monaco aren't mugs.

¡Estratosférica oferta del Real Madrid por Mbappé!

7 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Only Chelsea would sell to their rivals, for example i'd rather send Cech to China then to Arsenal.

Arsenal like selling to us  ..Kolo, Clichy, Nasri, Sagna, Adebayor, Sanchez :ph34r:  ...maybe we should ask for Bellerin too xD

Sead Kolašinac signed?

x3zdad.jpg

One of the best defenders in the Bosnia national team, or perhaps the best. Can cover a few positions in the back line. Known for his powerful tackles and his strength, think he will be a good signing.

One more Bosnian on the list to hate oh well.

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

Just want to clarify something.

Has a fee been officially agreed because surely if Liverpool have spoken to the player without Saints giving them permission then that's tapping up? Or have Southampton said he can go round and talk to Liverpool, City and Chelsea before a fee is agreed?

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's got much more to his game than just finishing? He's got good speed, is very direct and can play as a striker or either side of a striker, so his versatility is appealing. 

We won't get him anyway (probs not even in for him) but to say finishing is all he has to game is a bit odd?

Well of course he's direct; he's a striker. His pace is overrated; he's actually not that quick at all, especially for a striker.

Versatility's nice to have, but it's not valuable in its own right. Fabio Borini could play any position across the front three and what good did that do us?

Look at it this way. Not only can he not get in the French team ahead of Olivier Giroud, he struggles to even get in the squad even though he can allegedly play multiple positions. That should be a huge red flag.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Lovely club that Liverpool.

Says the Barcelona fan?

5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Well of course he's direct; he's a striker. His pace is overrated; he's actually not that quick at all, especially for a striker.

Versatility's nice to have, but it's not valuable in its own right. Fabio Borini could play any position across the front three and what good did that do us?

Look at it this way. Not only can he not get in the French team ahead of Olivier Giroud, he struggles to even get in the squad even though he can allegedly play multiple positions. That should be a huge red flag.

Says the Barcelona fan?

Some rate him, some don't. The French National manager might not but Atletico Madrid certainly do :coffee:

Archived