talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Feel like Sigurdsson was never very good when he wasn't the main attacking mid, which seems like it could clash with Klassen.

Yeah, poor because he didn't really have a position. I'd very extremely sceptical about this signing for Everton. A lot of money for a player that has already shown he couldn't quite hack it at a big club. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton are going to need a bigger squad this year otherwise the Europa League will fuck them over as it has done with them and other teams in the past.

They've made some very good signings though I still think there's frailties at the back.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Cannabis said:

See I don't know what plans Koeman has for everyone. Sandro is dubbed as a striker but can also play behind the main man or out on the wing. Is Ronald going to put him out wide, slot Rooney up top and play Sigurdsson behind? Will Sigurdsson himself play on the wing to accommodate Davy Klaasen? To tell you the truth I really don't know, there's been no talk about tactics and formation from the club yet so we'll just have to wait and see what happens when pre-season kicks off next week. 

I cannot believe you would pay all of that money for Sigurdsson to play him on the wing. Surely just sign a winger.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, 6666 said:

Sanchez to Man City and Lemar to Arsenal looking likely to happen now.

If you sign Lemar I reckon Riyad lines up on that opening day in blue.

What must Antonio Conte be thinking in all of this transfer mess at Chelsea?

In all honesty, part of the blame lies at his own feet with that supposed SMS to Diego Costa which now seems to have been real.  How can an experienced football man like him let personal issues get in the way of his profession and foremost the situation of 'burning your bridges'.

But looking at everything else from the side of the head coach, he must be extremely frustrated because not only are possible signings being scuppered, the worst thing is that it's all so public and makes everything even more difficult.

Seems a bit quiet again for us, in terms of both movements in and movements out. I do expect to go through a phase where we sign a few in quick succession but it would have been nice to have some in before our first friendly on Friday.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What must Antonio Conte be thinking in all of this transfer mess at Chelsea?

In all honesty, part of the blame lies at his own feet with that supposed SMS to Diego Costa which now seems to have been real.  How can an experienced football man like him let personal issues get in the way of his profession and foremost the situation of 'burning your bridges'.

But looking at everything else from the side of the head coach, he must be extremely frustrated because not only are possible signings being scuppered, the worst thing is that it's all so public and makes everything even more difficult.

I was in shock after that alleged "sms" as i felt Conte was obviously the bigger man than Costa. On the other hand Costa behave like a child and went public with it, as far as the transfers go he is by now at Cobham training with the team. No clue what happens next.

Manchester United aim to beat Chelsea to another of their top summer transfer targets after agreeing a £35m fee for Monaco star Tiemoue Bakayoko, according to the Daily Star.

Bakayoko, 22, impressed at Monaco last season, and could be the latest player to reject Chelsea for United with Romelu Lukaku set to join the Old Trafford side.

xD

For me the biggest joke isn't Chelsea missing out on potential transfer targets. The absolute joke is Manchester United and the fact they have absolutely no idea what they're doing. Every summer just buying the dish of the day to see if it sorts out inadequacies.

Archived