talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's playing in a position where experience is incredibly important to having dominant and consistent performances. I think for a 21 year old CB in the top flight, he's doing a very good job and regardless of any mistakes - he's playing well beyond how I'd expect a pretty young player in a defense for a top side. Young defenders have it pretty rough at a top club, because mistakes are under a microscope - while young attacking players making mistakes don't make as many mistakes that are as costly (in terms of the likelihood of giving up a goal).

I think he's going to end up a very good defender, barring any horrible injury problems throwing his career off. But with young defenders, mistakes - and sometimes costly ones - are going to happen. It's part of their development, because they need to learn from those mistakes and how to prevent them and not let the criticism and pressure from making mistakes get to them.

A little patience and realism with young players, especially young defenders, is important if you actually want to see Chelsea develop players that make it into the first team. Otherwise you'll see shite like getting rid of players with promise to really kick on leave, go somewhere else and shine, and then be a reminder of what could have been.

To scapegoat him is ridiculous. Everyone bar Kante and Rudiger haven't been up to speed. 

Luke summarised it well. We play a very defensive/organised style, to which needs a lot of concentration from our back line. Doing this literally every game, there are mistakes bound to occur. How the hell do you learn if you don't make mistakes? 

I'd love to see a flat four of Emerson--Rudiger---Christensen---Azpilicueta 

Edited by Cicero

On 4/6/2018 at 20:30, RandoEFC said:

xD Are you going to offer any more of your opinions on other clubs and players, for example Liverpool or more specifically Mo Salah?

Season aint over yet, but I am sure you will be hitching your skirt n come running too read if I do! :ay:

Edited by The Liquidator

Not seen Ken Monkou for years. Hear he does a little bit for Southampton. Nice to see he has worked out our season. Not hard I must say.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/losing-diego-costa-killer-blow-12321901

Ok..... Who has been telling Danny Murphy to read what I have been saying for most of the season??????

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/antonio-conte-s-mistakes-are-costing-chelsea-a-place-in-the-top-four-writes-danny-murphy-a3807771.html

Edited by The Liquidator
Shocking update of Murphy improved intelligence.

after everything that's going on ....  City is the mathematical champion, next week be official champions.    fighting with the board.   players wanting to leave .... i wonder what would Conte say to his players prior to the game against West Ham and the remaining games that follow ????

On 4/6/2018 at 12:24, The Liquidator said:

Thanks or your interest Gonzo, but your opinion on football or my club is not one I warrant as being needed to be read.

This is a "heads up" to save your time.  :ay:

You should put me on ignore then.

I hope, if any of my fellow Chelsea fans still held a hope our manager is the real McCoy, todays game\selection\tactics should have painted as clear a picture to leave us all without any doubt he is a FUCKING WANKER.

As we understand it, the one player we can be sure was his selection, on his list of 3 players he asked for, Morata, is probably as bad as we have ever signed. So the managers claptrap about not getting the players he wanted, must make us think we dodged a bullet or two as we maybe saddled with more duds.

In saying that, I always say those who come from abroad get a season. However, Morata really looks bad leading the line. It dont help him he is replacing the bloke who was brilliant at his job.

We sure miss him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Even tough we did play slightly better than usual, and had chances to score i still don't understand what use do we have of our bench? Alonso and Moses were terrible all season long and yet Zappacosta and Emerson don't get a look in. Either of them can't cross, can't score apart from an odd free kick and are struggling at the back. Fabregas has been a passenger all season, either he doesn't fit the system or he is past the top level of football. Now even the biggest fans of Eden don't recall his good game, slightly improved but far from good enough to carry the team. The hard fixtures went by, and yet we struggle in the "easy" too. Out of the last eight league games, we got 7 points out of the 24, losing five drawing one and winning only two. Relegation battlers form, but it doesn't seem anyone is bothered much, Conte certainly isn't and the players are counting the days until the season ends. 

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

Because Costa is setting the world a light in Spain right now. 

He's also definitely a 2nd half season player as well. 

Lets just make this clear......You dont think the loss of Costa  & the managers roll in his departure, is the most damning reason for our pathetic season?

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Lets just make this clear......You dont think the loss of Costa  & the managers roll in his departure, is the most damning reason for our pathetic season?

Failing to upgrade our wingbacks, in a system where we are heavily dependent on them, and buying average players is the most damaging. 

No one was complaining about Morata before his injury against City 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Failing to upgrade our wingbacks, in a system where we are heavily dependent on them, and buying average players is the most damaging. 

No one was complaining about Morata before his injury against City 

Those wingbacks won the league and are still here ~ The bloke who is missing who was those wingbacks major out, isnt.

Its that simple.

Oh I think you will find I had sussed Morata before his injury, everyone else, like normal, are just catching up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Liquidator said:

Those wingbacks won the league and are still here ~ The bloke who is missing who was those wingbacks major out, isnt.

Its that simple.

Oh I think you will find I had sussed Morata before his injury, everyone else, like normal, are just catching up.

Alonso's defensive flaws and inability to beat a player combined with Moses's horrific decision making is more of a concern than who we have at #9. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Alonso's defensive flaws and inability to beat a player combined with Moses's horrific decision making is more of a concern than who we have at #9. 

Yes, however, they are no better\worse than the league winning season. The difference is the bloke who is no longer there.

You can keep highlighting your dislike for the players who you believe are not good enough to play the position asked of them, but they can fire back they were more than adequate when they had an out, who the manager got rid of. Those two you mention are not the reason we are where we are. They may have been found out, although one of them is now a Spanish International in a season you are calling out his flaws.

More and more Chelsea fans are seeing through Conte and his role in this season. The media, because it did not suit them did not finger him until now. It was better for them to report a wedge between manager and board. Same old crap they have done to us since the new owner took charge.

11 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Yes, however, they are no better\worse than the league winning season. The difference is the bloke who is no longer there.

You can keep highlighting your dislike for the players who you believe are not good enough to play the position asked of them, but they can fire back they were more than adequate when they had an out, who the manager got rid of. Those two you mention are not the reason we are where we are. They may have been found out, although one of them is now a Spanish International in a season you are calling out his flaws.

More and more Chelsea fans are seeing through Conte and his role in this season. The media, because it did not suit them did not finger him until now. It was better for them to report a wedge between manager and board. Same old crap they have done to us since the new owner took charge.

Even towards the end of last season i stated Alonso and Moses aren't good enough, because any sensible person would realise we benefited massively from not being in Europe and our formation not being found out. 

If we were to compete on all fronts, they needed upgrading, to which we didnt. You can see I stated this back in May and June of last year. 

Alonso at best is a squad player and Moses isn't good enough. Zappacosta should be ahead of him with Dave as 1st choice. 

51 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Its that simple.

I said Salah would be a great signing, but like normal, you were just catching up B|

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I said Salah would be a great signing, but like normal, you were just catching up B|

Read back my old love, I think you will find you stated he would at least improve your bench.

Nobody saw his career season coming ~ and without doubt he has been the signing of the season.

But, you have to finish above either United or Spurs, so fingers crossed you get through tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Even towards the end of last season i stated Alonso and Moses aren't good enough, because any sensible person would realise we benefited massively from not being in Europe and our formation not being found out. 

If we were to compete on all fronts, they needed upgrading, to which we didnt. You can see I stated this back in May and June of last year. 

Alonso at best is a squad player and Moses isn't good enough. Zappacosta should be ahead of him with Dave as 1st choice. 

I am not disputing any of the above.... You are right.

However, they are not the major reason we are in the position we are. That's down to the manager not being able to handle Costa.... or as it's been put to me tonight elsewhere, he ran out of patients n ended up cutting off his nose in spite of his face.

On 4/10/2018 at 08:07, The Liquidator said:

Ok off to London for the 2nd leg of the Youth cup tonight. It's live on Chelsea TV for those of you who cant get to the game.

Not like there is anything else on tonight worthy of our Blue eyes :ay:

Odoi is something special. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Odoi is something special. 

Oh there is no doubt, in his own age group he is something very special, however, thats the key, own age group.

I have followed our youth program since ChelseaTV came to being. It gives us excellent coverage of mainly the older boys, but allows us access to see the younger players from time to time. The main thing I have come to understand is players excelling in their own age group against having to perform against, lets say that huge jump to first team football. We have and have had from roughly around 8-10 years the best youth teams in England. Our boys are taught the right way to play, that is, if you agree with the system. You will find all our boys are comfortable on the ball, bringing the ball out from the keeper and trying to play the ball through the team without oaffing it forward to the CF (Seems crazy as our first team plays best with the big CF). Almost every level of England  age teams are full of our boys and those of us who really follow it will tell you its as thou we are capped on the number of representatives we are allowed, because both the teams who won worlds 17's n 20's, we could have filled more places in the squad as we had players as good or better than the guys from other clubs.

Now I know the muppets who dont follow our club who have the intelligence to get this far into my posting will no doubt be spitting out their dummys wanting to spout how many make it to the first team?.

Well that is really what I am getting at, Talent against own age group ~ making the jump to Chelsea first team level.

The best player I saw in the Chelsea youth team was Lassana Diarra. He was so far advanced compared to the other players it was almost laughable. But for Makelele, there is a argument he would still be in our first team.

The best player I have seen elsewhere is Jadon Sancho, formally of Manchester City now at Dortmund. He teamed up on the left had side for England with our Odoi and they pretty much were the reason why England got to the World Cup finals for under 17's. I would have thought if Sancho's head can be turned once, be sure it can happen again..

So in answer to your Odoi question? ~ He is at a level I have seen many times come through Chelsea Youth over the last 10 years. I would probably put him on the same level as Scott Sinclair who was head n shoulders above his own age level. He has made a good career for himself, just never been good enough for us. Odoi isnt as good as Gaël Kakuta who we had such big hopes for, but I believe he has a chance as long as they play him where he has been brought up to play. Wide left so he can cut in on his right.

I have my fingers crossed for Tammy as I picked him out at 14. Alas the last forward I said had a great chance was Ben Sahar. Seduced by his speed against his own age group..... Must never make that mistake again!

• Upvote 1

Real good article on Chelseafc website about absolute Chelsea Legend JohnnyB.

I strongly suggest any Chelsea fan who isnt old enough to have seen him battle his way into the first 11 each season after being left out at the start to take time to have a little read about him.

Just the 409 appearances ~ Proper Chelsea

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2018/04/home-and-away--john-bumstead.html

Some people putting two and two together with regards to Rudiger and Conte. Rudiger wasn't even in the squad to face Southampton this weekend which comes after Rudiger's comments post-match against West Ham. Conte said before the game that there were no new fitness concerns going into the match this weekend and Conte said after the game that it was a tactical decision to leave Rudiger out. Maybe more to it? Who knows.

One thing's for sure is that Rudiger has been one of our better players this season.