talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Or he put millions into the club because he found it to be an amusing hobby. I see it just like the guy spends money remodeling a car.

Yeah it could be that he's ploughed about £600m of his own money into a hobby... but I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah it could be that he's ploughed about £600m of his own money into a hobby... but I doubt it. 

Why not? That isn't a dent in his personal fortune. It may seem abstract to us but that is chump change.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

With regards to your signature, we also signed 'wonder kids' Billy Gilmour and Nicolas Tie. Both won't ever see the light of day in a Chelsea kit, but signings nonetheless. Expected to make a profit off them in 3-5 years time. 

I know posted it on my fb page you don't follow :ph34r:, i do this every year but add only the players that are first team players. 

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why not? That isn't a dent in his personal fortune. It may seem abstract to us but that is chump change.

Do you understand what money laundering is? 

Its not how much Roman has given to Chelsea, it's how he puts his mafia money through the clubs accounts. 

25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Do you understand what money laundering is? 

Its not how much Roman has given to Chelsea, it's how he puts his mafia money through the clubs accounts. 

Yet you are the one that brought up how much money he has given to Chelsea in the first place.

Lukaku

I want to laugh, I want to jump up n down, I want to say thank fuck for that over n over......... But there's that click of the Chelsea fingers and he will come running haunting my though process.

Disappointed for him that he is having to possibly accept sloppy seconds, but best to wait till he signs before we take that deep sigh of relief.

I do wish him the very best thou... Proper Chelsea fan

This could turn out to be a case of well and truly shooting ourselves in the foot... 

We didn't have a good transfer window last season either but with a combination of good fortune and lack of European games we looked a lot better than we actually were. Having already declared to Costa that he would not be wanted this season before actually getting a decent replacement in could be one of the biggest fails since Trump got voted in to power... Ok, maybe it's not THAT epic a fail but its still not great. 

Unless they pull a big fluffy rabbit out of the hat rather than some old fluff at the last minute we are going to be weaker than last season AND trying to compete in Europe. Even if they went on bended knees and told Costa he was going anywhere I couldn't see him putting himself out much for the team effort after whats happened can you? 

We seem unable to bring in the targets selected and end up settling for last minute rush buys... 

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This could turn out to be a case of well and truly shooting ourselves in the foot... 

We didn't have a good transfer window last season either but with a combination of good fortune and lack of European games we looked a lot better than we actually were. Having already declared to Costa that he would not be wanted this season before actually getting a decent replacement in could be one of the biggest fails since Trump got voted in to power... Ok, maybe it's not THAT epic a fail but its still not great. 

Unless they pull a big fluffy rabbit out of the hat rather than some old fluff at the last minute we are going to be weaker than last season AND trying to compete in Europe. Even if they went on bended knees and told Costa he was going anywhere I couldn't see him putting himself out much for the team effort after whats happened can you? 

We seem unable to bring in the targets selected and end up settling for last minute rush buys... 

Was hardly the case under Gourlay. 

If by the end of July we are in the same situation, or have brought in stop gap signings after failing to get the managers targets. Fingers need to be pointed. 

Three years in a row now

Various sources claim Lukaku was the number one target for Conte, then other suggest he wasn't in the plans. Goddammit i can't wait for this window to close and the season starts. We've been linked with 500 players, we will end up bringing 4-5 and selling the same amount. I think one striker (?), one midfielder (Bakayoko), one lwb (Sandro?) and one center (Rudiger) back will be good enough. Perhaps even some of the loanee's could do a decent squad job.

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Various sources claim Lukaku was the number one target for Conte, then other suggest he wasn't in the plans. Goddammit i can't wait for this window to close and the season starts. We've been linked with 500 players, we will end up bringing 4-5 and selling the same amount. I think one striker (?), one midfielder (Bakayoko), one lwb (Sandro?) and one center (Rudiger) back will be good enough. Perhaps even some of the loanee's could do a decent squad job.

Very much doubt Conte wanted Lukaku. 

With Terry, Begovic, and Ake gone. And rumors of Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Aina, and Christensen all going, I am waiting to see how we meet the HG quota. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Very much doubt Conte wanted Lukaku. 

With Terry, Begovic, and Ake gone. And rumors of Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Aina, and Christensen all going, I am waiting to see how we meet the HG quota. 

Apparently Musonda set to stay, Baker could be a good fit. Doubt Chalobah would walk even though he had offers.

I have to say its been a most entertaining morning reading the written media and listening to radio stations which cater for our national sport. Most outlets have no idea what is going on at Chelsea and are guessing, making up stories from the manager being livid we are allowing Lukaku to sign elsewhere to listing every big centre forward around as possible signings instead.

Then we have to move onto the weak minded Chelsea fans, who, for the most part had added their voice to the "dont want him" band since the rumours of Lukaku's return started to make the airways, suddenly take it personal he is on his way to Jose.

Why are we in this position? It's because the manager made public Costa was not in his plans, leaving the club with nowhere to go. So as far as I am concerned, these fingers people want pointed should be pointed towards the guy who cant get the MUCH better centre forward to tow the line under his management.

Of course we could fix the Costa problem.... get rid of Conte... Give Costa the pay rise Conte thought he was getting and lose the texting king....Yeah, its that simple.

Conte is due to return to work on Monday, Lukaku hasnt signed for anyone yet,  I havent changed my mind, I still dont want him to return and I suggest to my fellow Chelsea fans to show a little faith... There are 7 1/2 weeks till the window closes.

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Apparently Musonda set to stay, Baker could be a good fit. Doubt Chalobah would walk even though he had offers.

Baker also reported to be loaned out to a perm side, and strong reports suggesting Chalobah to Watford almost complete. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Baker also reported to be loaned out to a perm side, and strong reports suggesting Chalobah to Watford almost complete. 

Well we have plenty of young players to fill the HG quota, just hope they just don't fill the numbers but actually make a contribution.