talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Reckon Sarri will use Odoi as rotation for Hazard. 

The speed and patterns of passing we are making are great. Jorginho will soon be a personal favorite. 

Morata still frustrating. 

Yea.. never seems ready when chances come, great one or two touch passing and should have had probably another 2 

Finished 1-0. 

First half was great, second half meh. Wasted loads but overall good signs. 

Emerson nailed on has to start over Alonso. As if we didnt already know. 

Barkley looked good going forward. Shame about his finishing. 

Jorginho :congrats:

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Finished 1-0. 

First half was great, second half meh. Wasted loads but overall good signs. 

Emerson nailed on has to start over Alonso. As if we didnt already know. 

Barkley looked good going forward. Shame about his finishing. 

Jorginho :congrats:

That's our problem.. even when we are creative we are not clinical enough.. could have had 4 or 5 but left with just the one... very positive overall play considering a number of our key players are still missing... going to take him a while to get the players to adjust to his style...

Rubbish game ~ Nothing more than a PR show ~ Complete waste of time on a football level

Had as much meaning as England thrashing Panama, other than a few of our players being exposed as being no better than Perth level of play.

The new signing looks like he can string a few passes together, but we already knew that.

David Luiz interview after the game is probably the best thing to come out of the trip.

All the young players who got game time are not good enough yet and should look forward to a loan or two.... although one of them might be kept around so he signs a new contract.

Friendlies are about getting players match fit, rather than being all focused on the result. There was a time where nobody ever gave a fuck about friendlies, a simpler time. Now they're all televised and taken on tour for the foreign fans and I think it's weird and doesn't do any good for the clubs or the players.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Friendlies are about getting players match fit, rather than being all focused on the result. There was a time where nobody ever gave a fuck about friendlies, a simpler time. Now they're all televised and taken on tour for the foreign fans and I think it's weird and doesn't do any good for the clubs or the players.

That's all they should be.. All these pre season club competitions they have are meaningless... just a chance to parade the badge and merchandise, they should be about match fitness and trying out systems/tactics etc.. seeing who fits best and where, giving the fringe players a chance to show they might be worth a punt.. not that it matters how well they seem to do in pre season as they only get lumped out on loan anyway, well they do at our club anyway.. 

• Upvote 1

We have a heaping amount of average joe's in the squad. 

Odoi looked more promising than Musonda, who in all honestly I have completely lost patience for.  If he can't get a game for Real Betis or Celtic, there is not much more we can do. 

Plenty of our players stating the atmosphere about the club is the main difference the new manager has brought so far to the club.

Some said at the end of last season Cobham was Toxic around the 1st team. If true, the FA Cup win is slightly more remarkable than we thought.

Noticed Hazards brother responded on one of the social sites by putting up a negative when asked if Eden was on his way to Madrid this summer.

We will see  :ay:

18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There are definitely downsides to foreign tours, but there are also massive financial incentives, which is obviously beneficial to a football club. It's a short term cost for long term gain thing and I'm sure someone's done the cost/benefit analysis and decided they're worth doing.

Bakayoko looking to be on loan to Seviilla, to which they will be willing to pay his wages. 

Happy with that. Needs to work on his technical ability and pace of a top league 

Drinkwater looks to be staying I reckon,. 

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator

Leroy Sane says Chelsea are Man City's nearest title challengers...

Manchester City forward Leroy Sane has tipped Chelsea to be the champions' nearest challengers next season.

The London club have had a chaotic summer, with their sacking of manager Antonio Conte not confirmed until after the start of pre-season training.

Maurizio Sarri has succeeded Conte, and Sane saw enough from two matches against his Napoli side last season to think he will have a positive impact.

"Chelsea have brought in a really good coach," he said.

"The way Napoli played last season was really attractive. We really suffered against them.

"They might need some time to get used to his tactics but they could be a really tough team."

Asked who represents City's biggest threat to retaining the title, he said: "I think Chelsea."

City faced Napoli in the Champions League group stage last season - beating them 2-1 at home and 4-2 away.

Sane, 22, is one of the few senior players on City's three-match tour of the United States, a legacy of his shock omission from Germany's World Cup squad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44933222

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

@Dr. Gonzo

Jorginho played 45 minutes yesterday in our friendly against Perth. 

Had a 98% pass succession rate and averaged a pass every 27 seconds :o

Yeah... I'm gutted you lot have him. I made no secret he was the player I wanted us to sign this summer more than anyone else (not going to complain with who we did end up signing though, pretty solid window for us on paper - spending big to strengthen the areas of the pitch we needed strengthening the most). But Jorginho is fucking class. I think he holds the top 10 Serie A successful pass per match record - there was a while where he had all buy 1 of the top 10 records (Pirlo held it) and he knocked him out this passed season.

The lad is fucking class, it's a good signing for you.

Yeah... I'm gutted you lot have him. I made no secret he was the player I wanted us to sign this summer more than anyone else (not going to complain with who we did end up signing though, pretty solid window for us on paper - spending big to strengthen the areas of the pitch we needed strengthening the most). But Jorginho is fucking class. I think he holds the top 10 Serie A successful pass per match record - there was a while where he had all buy 1 of the top 10 records (Pirlo held it) and he knocked him out this passed season.

The lad is fucking class, it's a good signing for you.

What I enjoyed about his play yesterday was that he kept things simple and effective.. has a good eye for a pass and moves the ball around quickly, does not dwell on it too much reducing the chances of being crowded out or being caught in possession.. Looking at the way we went about the game yesterday the passing was geared up to one or two touches and quick passing movements.. 

It would be nice to be fighting for the Title and all that but I would put good attractive attacking football above silverware in Sarri's first season.. It would make a nice change if the team had some attacking intent going into matches rather than being defensively minded as we have done in the past... Defending when needed is part of the game but shouldn't be a fucking 90 minute mission...  

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What I enjoyed about his play yesterday was that he kept things simple and effective.. has a good eye for a pass and moves the ball around quickly, does not dwell on it too much reducing the chances of being crowded out or being caught in possession.. Looking at the way we went about the game yesterday the passing was geared up to one or two touches and quick passing movements.. 

It would be nice to be fighting for the Title and all that but I would put good attractive attacking football above silverware in Sarri's first season.. It would make a nice change if the team had some attacking intent going into matches rather than being defensively minded as we have done in the past... Defending when needed is part of the game but shouldn't be a fucking 90 minute mission...  

He's a very very smart player, you'll like him a lot I'm sure. He's like Pirlo or Alonso in that he'll be a metronome for your side and 9/10 times will be the player on the pitch that dictates the tempo of the match.

I think he was the most important player in Sarri's very good Napoli side. If Sarri is successful in making Chelsea a primarily attacking side that plays competitive positive football, he'll be a big part of that.

He's a very very smart player, you'll like him a lot I'm sure. He's like Pirlo or Alonso in that he'll be a metronome for your side and 9/10 times will be the player on the pitch that dictates the tempo of the match.

I think he was the most important player in Sarri's very good Napoli side. If Sarri is successful in making Chelsea a primarily attacking side that plays competitive positive football, he'll be a big part of that.

Surprised we got him to be honest but glad we are showing a bit of intent this season.. Sarri claims he does not get involved in the transfer side of things but he must be giving them a guide to the types of player he needs which is where to be fair to Conte never got... Our last transfer window was a disaster really and then it was bolstered by short term fixes in my opinion.. just filling in the cracks

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

We get Golovin, I reckon our midfield of Golovin, Jorginho, and Kante is potentially among one of the best in the league. 

If we can only sort out our striker and winger situation...

Was reading this about Golovin the other day.. 

Aleksandr Golovin’s move to Chelsea is reportedly set to be wrapped up in the coming days after the CSKA midfielder dropped a hint/clanger on social media.

The Blues have been heavily linked with the Russia World Cup midfielder. Sky Italy claim a deal is close between Chelsea and the Russian outfit.

The Sun claim Chelsea have agreed a fee with CSKA for Golovin, believed to be around €30m, with the midfielder rejecting an offer from Monaco to head to Stamford Bridge.

And now Golovin’s CSKA Moscow team-mate Sergey Chepchugov has dropped the biggest hint yet that the midfielder is moving to the Blues after a post on his Instagram account.

Chepchugov’s post congratulated the midfielder on sealing a move to a “big club” and wished him well at Chelsea.

Golovin’s official Instagram account @alex_golovin17 liked the post.