American Politics Discussion

football forums

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Surely this can't be real?

Given how politics is over there, it's more likely to be real than not xD

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Dr. Gonzo Do you think in years time people will look at trump, Biden, lizz truss, etc and think  FUCK ME how did it get to that ??

I think it'll take a couple of decades, but yeah I think people in the US and UK will look at this point in history and say "what the fuck was that?"

It's either that or society has devolved even further and the world will be more fucking bizarre than we can possibly fathom.

• Subscriber

Needs to be a strong campaign from the Democrats now. I liked Biden but the whole age thing was dominating the election whereas the threat Trump poses to Western democracy and what an inappropriate candidate he is in general is what should be dominating it.

Kamala Harris is fake and dislikeable like most Democrats (or politicians in general) but she'll have a better chance than Biden. She's not confirmed as the nominee though so hopefully someone that people don't already have somewhat of a negative opinion on wins the nomination.

Edited by 6666

12 hours ago, 6666 said:

Kamala Harris is fake and dislikeable like most Democrats (or politicians on general) but she'll have a better chance than Biden. She's not confirmed as the nominee though so hopefully someone that people don't already have somewhat of a negative opinion on wins the nomination.

It's quite interesting when you think about it that when trump won he still lost the popular vote. Trump has been up against two rivals that aren't actually that popular. Hillary Clinton was one of the least popular democrat leaders ever.   And he still lost the popular vote to her and obviously lost the second election to Biden.  As much are people are worried about trump and his influence. I don't think he has the popularity that some may think he does.

Edited by Gunnersaurus

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

It's quite interesting when you think about it that when trump won he still lost the popular vote. Trump has been up against two rivals that aren't actually that popular. Hillary Clinton was one of the least popular democrat leaders ever.   And he still lost the popular vote to her and obviously lost the second election to Biden.  As much are people are worried about trump and his influence. I don't think he has the popularity that some may think he does.

But it doesn’t matter because he has the popularity to win elections with how the electoral college works.

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

But it doesn’t matter because he has the popularity to win elections with how the electoral college works.

Yeah my point is that I don't think trump and his ideology's are as popular and some people think. Like I said he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton. He lost the election to Biden despite Biden not being particularly popular. He probably will win the next election but that doesn't mean he's a popular president. If there was a decent democrat option they would probably win. It's similar to the UK where Starmer isn't particularly popular.  He's just better than the alternative. Which isn't hard when the alternative is one of the worst governments in living memory 

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Yeah my point is that I don't think trump and his ideology's are as popular and some people think. Like I said he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton. He lost the election to Biden despite Biden not being particularly popular. He probably will win the next election but that doesn't mean he's a popular president. If there was a decent democrat option they would probably win. It's similar to the UK where Starmer isn't particularly popular.  He's just better than the alternative. Which isn't hard when the alternative is one of the worst governments in living memory 

I think you’re strongly underestimating Trump’s popularity. He is far more popular than Clinton or Biden ever was, yes it’s true that he lost the popular vote but the people that vote for Trump vote because of him, but for the Democrats they aren’t popular at all and get vote based purely on opposition, instead of favour.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

There is no chance in hell that the Democrats run Harris,  that would be an automatic surrender as she is the most disliked VP in history.    I can see Gretchen Whitmer being run. 

Yeah, I'm sure a South African, living in South Africa, who's known to be often wrong with his assessments about the US is the best possible instance to evaluate that.:ph34r:

Really it is perplexing how you give your opinion always matter of factly, although you've been proven wrong on here that often.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

33 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Yeah, I'm sure a South African, living in South Africa, who's known to be often wrong with his assessments about the US is the best possible instance to evaluate that.:ph34r:

Really it is perplexing how you give your opinion always matter of factly, although you've been proven wrong on here that often.

16 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Dr. Gonzo @Spike I don't know if this is true. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is

She really said "America has never been a racist country" but she didn't say the part about having sex with their slaves lol. But she did write in her book that she experienced racism growing up as an Indian in the South of the US, so it's a bit weird for her to then come forward to say America had no racist history.

A bit stupid to do that tbh, considering the civil war happened due to some states believing they had to fight for their right to continue to own other people as slaves. America clearly has been a racist country and still struggles with systemic racism.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

There is no chance in hell that the Democrats run Harris,  that would be an automatic surrender as she is the most disliked VP in history.    I can see Gretchen Whitmer being run. 

She's been endorsed by basically any big player in the party - it's going to be Harris v. Trump. Donations came pouring in for her yesterday on the announcement of Biden stepping down, while that money had dried up big time for Biden after that bad debate performance.

I'm not sure she's the most disliked VP in history. Pence was unpopular with democrats and ended up with Trump supporters saying "hang Mike Pence" when they stormed the US capitol - Dick Cheney's pretty widely hated as well. It seems that she's going to have a very well funded campaign. It actually seems that since the news, the party has massively united around Kamala as the candidate.

I think Biden stepping down for Harris gives the democrats the best chance they have at winning this election. It obviously would have been better had Biden not been running for a second term in the first place and proper primaries could have been held - but at this point in the process, I don't think democrats could reasonably go through a proper primary process and have a candidate ready for the election.

It flips the narrative Trump had a lot:

• Biden is too old to be president - now Trump is the oldest presidential nominee in the history of the US (Biden never got the official nomination for 2024)
  • "I will be the president of law and order" - now Trump is a convicted felon likely to be up against a former prosecutor
  • Rallying against the deep state v. American political traditions - Trump's appointed the justices needed for the judicial coup of America, where laws can be re-legislated by unelected judges who serve for life, who have changed US legal precent that has lasted decades and was viewed as the norm. This is particularly big for abortion and womens rights, as well as things like minority rights.

I don't think she has an easy pathway to the presidency - she's a non-white woman in a country where a non-white president made racists lose their minds with culture war bullshit and where a competent woman lost to a moronic reality tv show star. But she's got a lot that make her an appealing choice to people who were terrified of a second Trump presidency, but don't want someone on death's doorstep to be in the white house.

35 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Everyone passes an opinion only,  it takes a seriously narcissistic person to believe they are the arbiter of truth on everything but is is a common attribute amongst people that brand everything fascist that doesn't fall within the world view.   A few here were running the "staged" assassination schtick even though it should be universally condemned. 

On Harris,  here support amongst Democrat power makers is low,  not many have endorsed her but then again the standard expected is very low or they would have prevented Biden running again with enough time to find a suitable candidate.    The two best candidates left and are running as independents. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

She really said "America has never been a racist country" but she didn't say the part about having sex with their slaves lol. But she did write in her book that she experienced racism growing up as an Indian in the South of the US, so it's a bit weird for her to then come forward to say America had no racist history.

A bit stupid to do that tbh, considering the civil war happened due to some states believing they had to fight for their right to continue to own other people as slaves. America clearly has been a racist country and still struggles with systemic racism.

She's been endorsed by basically any big player in the party - it's going to be Harris v. Trump. Donations came pouring in for her yesterday on the announcement of Biden stepping down, while that money had dried up big time for Biden after that bad debate performance.

I'm not sure she's the most disliked VP in history. Pence was unpopular with democrats and ended up with Trump supporters saying "hang Mike Pence" when they stormed the US capitol - Dick Cheney's pretty widely hated as well. It seems that she's going to have a very well funded campaign. It actually seems that since the news, the party has massively united around Kamala as the candidate.

I think Biden stepping down for Harris gives the democrats the best chance they have at winning this election. It obviously would have been better had Biden not been running for a second term in the first place and proper primaries could have been held - but at this point in the process, I don't think democrats could reasonably go through a proper primary process and have a candidate ready for the election.

It flips the narrative Trump had a lot:

• Biden is too old to be president - now Trump is the oldest presidential nominee in the history of the US (Biden never got the official nomination for 2024)
  • "I will be the president of law and order" - now Trump is a convicted felon likely to be up against a former prosecutor
  • Rallying against the deep state v. American political traditions - Trump's appointed the justices needed for the judicial coup of America, where laws can be re-legislated by unelected judges who serve for life, who have changed US legal precent that has lasted decades and was viewed as the norm. This is particularly big for abortion and womens rights, as well as things like minority rights.

I don't think she has an easy pathway to the presidency - she's a non-white woman in a country where a non-white president made racists lose their minds with culture war bullshit and where a competent woman lost to a moronic reality tv show star. But she's got a lot that make her an appealing choice to people who were terrified of a second Trump presidency, but don't want someone on death's doorstep to be in the white house.

Pence like Haley are neocons that out themselves like Tories that pretend to be conservative but really work for whomever puts money in the bank account.  

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Pence like Haley are neocons that out themselves like Tories that pretend to be conservative but really work for whomever puts money in the bank account.  

If you don't think the tories are actually conservative, that's hilarious but also scary.